March 10th, 2008

Clinton: My thoughts are with Spitzer

OLD FORGE, Pennsylvania (CNN) - Sen. Hillary Clinton said she had no comment on New York Governor Eliot Spitzer's possible involvement in a prostitution ring.

"I obviously am sending my best wishes and thoughts to the governor and to his family," she told reporters after visiting with reporters in a local pizza parlor.

When asked whether Gov. Spitzer could survive politically she said "let's wait and see what comes out of the next few days. Right now I don't have any comment. I think it's appropriate to wish his family well and see how things develop."

– CNN Senior Political Producer Sasha Johnson

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. New Yorker

He better resign! This is a disgrace, just like Clinton disgraced this nation.

March 10, 2008 09:10 pm at 9:10 pm |
  2. Clare

uhm was he with a prostitute or was he in "business" with the ring? those are two very different things.

I don't care what anybody does in bed. if we would have to "clean office" the only one left would be the women in politics. obama used to do drugs, correct?

March 10, 2008 09:13 pm at 9:13 pm |
  3. Nadia livingstone

Apparently the investigators of the NY governor must have Bills name in the list of contributors.Please Cnnn investigate and come up with some substancial evidence to shut up th clintons for goood.They never seem to concede defeat.The cheek of offering a vice presedential offer to OBAMA 08.

March 10, 2008 09:15 pm at 9:15 pm |
  4. SWING STATE FAMILY

I bet your thoughts are ... you would like to know if Bill is on THAT list TOO .

March 10, 2008 09:16 pm at 9:16 pm |
  5. robert warner

Who is calling at 3:00 AM?
    Eliot for Bill.

March 10, 2008 09:16 pm at 9:16 pm |
  6. Dave

She better ask Bill if he was involved. You know slick willy!

March 10, 2008 09:17 pm at 9:17 pm |
  7. Oly

If he was a Repub, she would be howling for his immediate resignation. But since he is a Dem, he gets a nice note of support!

That's the new world of politics, I guess.

March 10, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  8. Jim in FL

"My advice to Mrs. Spitzer would be to look at the bright side ! She is now qualified to run for the office of Governor of NY, and should expect to win !!"

March 10, 2008 09:23 pm at 9:23 pm |
  9. Tubby The Tuba

Clinton should speak out against this type of behavior, and certainly not "SEND HER BEST" to the Govenor Spitzer, how about his WIFE and 3 daughters. This is going to be her answering that phone call 3:00 AM, she is so amoral. I wouldn't vote for her now.

March 10, 2008 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  10. Raymond Kleinshmidt

Does all this bring back any memories of the Vince Foster days....with Hillary?

March 10, 2008 09:34 pm at 9:34 pm |
  11. SJ Thornton

Is this woman stupid?! You should reject and denounce this?! What is wrong with Hillary, you are setting us back a 100 years!

March 10, 2008 09:35 pm at 9:35 pm |
  12. fractured GOP

There will be no republicans involved in this scandal. (Apparently no underage males were available as prostitutes.)

March 10, 2008 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  13. Kizeem

Who was actually being pimped out for this?

March 10, 2008 09:57 pm at 9:57 pm |
  14. Larry Buchas

I agree. My thoughts are with his family.

Now it's time to resign!

March 10, 2008 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  15. Joe

This man prosecuted johns and prostitution.. Go figure...

March 10, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  16. B. Smart

. . .We all knew who answered Spitzers phone at 3 am.

March 10, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  17. Pon Mao

Did Spitzer break any law? If he did (break the law), is he still allowed to vote (not mention a superdelegete for DEM) like the rest of law abiding citizens?

March 10, 2008 10:11 pm at 10:11 pm |
  18. wolf

Why are Hillary's thoughts with Spitzer and not on the victims – those exploited women, which she has pledged to defend??

I guess, those women don't have the political influence he has... so they don't count.

March 10, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  19. Why ask her about that?

Why ask to Clinton about that? the intention is likely make her to give an answer to compromise her. I think whoever made this question to Hillary was intending to cacth. I think she gave a well appropriate answer to a silly question.

March 10, 2008 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm |
  20. PF- Florida

Maybe if things work out between Mr. and Mrs. Spitzer, Hilary might claim she was part of it? Like she has claimed she had to do with many of the foregin policy issues during Bill Clintons Administration.

March 10, 2008 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  21. Pon Mao

For those Clinton supporters wondering why so many people hate the Clintons, well it's their own behavior caused the hatred, and the Clintons deserve it.

Sooner or later, Clinton's bad Karma will get back to her.

March 10, 2008 10:19 pm at 10:19 pm |
  22. Bob

Hmmm.....French people enjoys sex very often..
    AmerIcan politicians enjoys sex while in office.....

What is going on here..I think we are morally corrupt like in 1800's. washinton and elsewhere...

March 10, 2008 10:21 pm at 10:21 pm |
  23. Dragan

So what? It wouldn't even be 8th page news in France!

March 10, 2008 10:23 pm at 10:23 pm |
  24. SHARON, NY

WOW!!!!! I am so dissappointed in this nations voters and news media. What have you all turned in to -- a bunch of hate generating ,self rightous, trial by opinion only -citizenship. At 51 I have have never been so un- proud of we the people.

March 10, 2008 10:24 pm at 10:24 pm |
  25. Bob Stephens

Gee one of her Superdelegates down the drain. I bet that sticks in her craw..... Maybe they can give Eliot a job as White House Entertainment director, if she gets elected. Bill would love that....

March 10, 2008 10:28 pm at 10:28 pm |