March 10th, 2008

Clinton: My thoughts are with Spitzer

OLD FORGE, Pennsylvania (CNN) - Sen. Hillary Clinton said she had no comment on New York Governor Eliot Spitzer's possible involvement in a prostitution ring.

"I obviously am sending my best wishes and thoughts to the governor and to his family," she told reporters after visiting with reporters in a local pizza parlor.

When asked whether Gov. Spitzer could survive politically she said "let's wait and see what comes out of the next few days. Right now I don't have any comment. I think it's appropriate to wish his family well and see how things develop."

– CNN Senior Political Producer Sasha Johnson

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Clinton is a fraud

CNN is really baised against Obama. If Spitzer were an Obama supporter, we would have seen the headlines read "Obama Backer Linked To Prostitution"
    Now, we demand that we see the headline "Clinton's Endorser and Financier Sleeps With Prostitute".

March 10, 2008 05:46 pm at 5:46 pm |
  2. Polly

Rohit , yes you are right on it...............she and Clinton.

March 10, 2008 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |
  3. Chuck in Oregon

This is for Rohit. That is a cold comment. This is something that Spitzer and his family need to work out. I wish them the best. Adultry is a very ugly thing and something that is far from easy to over look. This is a complete violation of trust and a slap in the face for the person on the receiving end. I feel sorry for the children as I know they are going through a lot of emotional turmoil at this moment. MY heart goes out to Mrs Spitzer and her children. As for Him, he made his bed and he will have to sleep in it as well as live with the consequesnses of his actions. Should he resign, in my mind yes. But that is not for me to decide.

March 10, 2008 05:48 pm at 5:48 pm |
  4. Carlos

Translation: Lets wait and see how I can spin this to my benefit.

Hillary should denounce and reject his actions.

March 10, 2008 05:49 pm at 5:49 pm |
  5. Kirk

I wish him well too. I wish he would find some integrity somewhere and act on it! Of course, for most politicians the pursuit of power comes in far ahead of intergrity. By the way, I found it very interesting that CNN did not list his party affiliation until the next to last sentence. You can't tell me that would not be the first or second line if it was a Republican such as Larry Craig.

March 10, 2008 05:49 pm at 5:49 pm |
  6. Thomas

HRC should be well suited to talk to Gov Spitzer's wife...she has 35 years of experience dealing with Bill's affairs.

March 10, 2008 05:49 pm at 5:49 pm |
  7. Alice

Hillary, your only thought is "OMG, is Bubba's name on that list?"

March 10, 2008 05:49 pm at 5:49 pm |
  8. Former Clinton Supporter

I just hope Bill wasn't one of the johns....that would mean disaster for Hillary's presidential bid!

As they say....Birds of a feather!!!

Obama 08!!!!!!!!

March 10, 2008 05:49 pm at 5:49 pm |
  9. Jenny, Rio Vista, CA

There goes another super-delegate.

March 10, 2008 05:49 pm at 5:49 pm |
  10. Sprezzatura

Hillary is probably praying that the footage of Spitzer endorsing her candidacy doesn't start circulating all over YouTube.

March 10, 2008 05:50 pm at 5:50 pm |
  11. Cindy

Man, this is one area of experience and expertise where Hillary's got Obama beat...

I feel for his family, too.

March 10, 2008 05:50 pm at 5:50 pm |
  12. Grif

He has all my simpathy also!!!!

All I can add, is a comment made to me 40yrs ago...

Stand up! and be counted.....

March 10, 2008 05:50 pm at 5:50 pm |
  13. Tyler in Raleigh

I think he did a lot of great things for NY and for consumers during his time as attorney general.

That said.... do we want another 4 years of scandals and deceit in NY or in the White House?? People that say one thing and do another?

The Clintons have more "experience" with that than anyone.

March 10, 2008 05:50 pm at 5:50 pm |
  14. Mike in Houston

Seems like Hillary has a great deal in common with Mrs. Spitzer.

March 10, 2008 05:50 pm at 5:50 pm |
  15. Steve herrick

Let me guess was he not a supporter of Billery take off another super delegate

March 10, 2008 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  16. jfs Memhis, Tn

How thoughtful of you Sen. Clinton. Does this mean one more lost superdelegate?? He has alot of the same ethics as you ..and ..he's ready from day because of his experience. Maybe this would be a VP that would be alittle more akin to you and Bill's overall PLAN FOR CHANGE for Washington DC???

March 10, 2008 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  17. Inday

Another politian gets caught with his gumar. How unusual.

March 10, 2008 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  18. Pat M Canada

MEOW to the above commenter.

I am with Hillary. It is way too early to be asking the Govenor to resign.
    Lets first wait until we know for absolutely sure he is guilty of a crime.

It seems to me this is a leap without any direction at the present time.

March 10, 2008 05:52 pm at 5:52 pm |
  19. joseph

He has to resign or be impeached just like Bill clinton.Hillary has to be investigated well also cos she's a senator from new york maybe she has some ties with him.

March 10, 2008 05:52 pm at 5:52 pm |
  20. Bill

She needs her superdelegate too badly to criticize him before she knows what the popular opinion is. Were we not prepped before this question came up?

March 10, 2008 05:52 pm at 5:52 pm |
  21. Jorge

Or maybe he can run with the HOPE slogan and say that everithing is going to be ok, you won't need any experienced with that one.

March 10, 2008 05:52 pm at 5:52 pm |
  22. Jay in Kansas

Rohit that comment is just Sexist!

Hillary Diane Clinton was the first First Lady to actually have an OFFICE in the West Wing. She was First Lady but also was a INTEGRAL part of the Clinton administration. She was in Briefings, Meetings and consulted with the Bill from back when she was First Lady of Arkansas.

DO SOME RESEARCH!

Clinton '08. REAL experience. REAL change.

March 10, 2008 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  23. Ok

Anthing wrong here?

What this news wants people to comment?

March 10, 2008 05:54 pm at 5:54 pm |
  24. Realistic

Another Clinton SuperDelegate goes south.

These are the types of people upon who Hillary would have in her Administration. Remember her defense of him in her debates and how she supported his program to give drivers licenses to illegal immigrants.

March 10, 2008 05:54 pm at 5:54 pm |
  25. Monique

Rohit – Thats just plain mean......how can someone be so mean!

You need help!