March 10th, 2008

Clinton: My thoughts are with Spitzer

OLD FORGE, Pennsylvania (CNN) - Sen. Hillary Clinton said she had no comment on New York Governor Eliot Spitzer's possible involvement in a prostitution ring.

"I obviously am sending my best wishes and thoughts to the governor and to his family," she told reporters after visiting with reporters in a local pizza parlor.

When asked whether Gov. Spitzer could survive politically she said "let's wait and see what comes out of the next few days. Right now I don't have any comment. I think it's appropriate to wish his family well and see how things develop."

– CNN Senior Political Producer Sasha Johnson

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Corey, Maryland

I've noticed that it is the republicans who always do things like this, and the one Democrat in a while to have bad judgment is also a supporter of Clinton. Just pointing out how Clinton and bad judgment seem to go hand in hand!

Obama Richardson 08!!!!

March 10, 2008 05:54 pm at 5:54 pm |
  2. TEXAS

Or maybe he can say the same thing Obama said about Rezko "I only spent 5 hours of time working for him" haha

March 10, 2008 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  3. Larry

I guess this makes her qualified to answer the phone at 3am as well.

March 10, 2008 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  4. Max Rodriguez

This comment by Rohit is probably the funniest thing i've read in a long time

March 10, 2008 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  5. Susan

I would have thought that Hillary would at least make some comment about being disappointed in his lack of moral judgment for what he has done to his wife, family, and to his marriage. But then again, look at Hillary & Bill's marriage. Another reason why I approve of Obama. I truly believe he & his wife have a good marriage and actually love each other. I can't say the same for Hillary & Bill's. It seems to be a business and political arrangement. It would be refreshing to see a happily married couple in the White House. I'm getting tired of hearing about all these se scandals with politicians. If they have so much free time on their hands, maybe they could get around to actually doing their job and doing something for this country.

March 10, 2008 05:57 pm at 5:57 pm |
  6. blake andrew

i agreed with rohit the clinton's and the spitzer do have some similarities such as cheating.

March 10, 2008 05:57 pm at 5:57 pm |
  7. CNN is too low

I know what you mean here.

I t is not good.

March 10, 2008 05:57 pm at 5:57 pm |
  8. The Austrian

I suppose Clinton has some extensive experience in this area...

Where are the men and women of character?

March 10, 2008 05:58 pm at 5:58 pm |
  9. Neal

Wait! I'm confused, Hillary endorsed Spitzer. Then Spitzer endorsed Hillary. All of this given Mr. Clinton's track record with women! Why is it with the average Joe they end up in divorce court, loose all of their belongings along with 60% plus of their income and not to mention child support. Don't get me wrong. In no way am I condoning not being faithful to your spouse. Just pointing out AGAIN that people of wealth and power treat things differently than the rest of the normal world! As well as how they get treated differently by the mistakes they make by our Courts and their peers. Didn't we build this country on the backs blue collar people. And God forbid the blue collar guy has an issue. He calls and gets a service center in India and talks to Tracy Smith. By the way Tracy Smith can't even pronounce her own name!

March 10, 2008 05:58 pm at 5:58 pm |
  10. Kerry

Another one of Hillary's many friends, donors, and supporters is in trouble with the law. This ain't surprising.

March 10, 2008 05:59 pm at 5:59 pm |
  11. Rick in Florida

How can Hillary suggest Spitzer resign (which he should) when she
    looked the other way during decades of Bill's infidelities? Of course she knows how Mrs Spitzer feels!!

March 10, 2008 05:59 pm at 5:59 pm |
  12. Decided

You guys should take a second before picking Hillary apart on this... what does she have to do with this man's behavior. Seriously, people will do anything to take her down.

March 10, 2008 06:00 pm at 6:00 pm |
  13. Andrew

Mrs. Spitzer should take over his office. After all, according to Billary, experience as first lady is good enough to fill the office. I am sure Hillary and Bill had some ties to this ring.

March 10, 2008 06:00 pm at 6:00 pm |
  14. Armando

Hilary seeks support from Los Angeles mayor Antonio Villaralgosa then it turns out he's cheating on his wife.

Hilary seeks support from the New York Governor now it turns out he's cheating on his wife.

Hilary just has some weird luck.

I'm voting for Obama, sorry HRC.

March 10, 2008 06:00 pm at 6:00 pm |
  15. mir

Hey, Clinton's learning from Obama and she's hoping for the best. Why can't the rest of you do the same, and follow your leader?

March 10, 2008 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  16. sheila

Clinton's survived politically. I dont think Gov. Spitzer will.

March 10, 2008 06:02 pm at 6:02 pm |
  17. jp

He/she , whom is without sin should throw the first stone

March 10, 2008 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  18. carrie spitzer

whats done in the dark WILL COME TO LIGHT. now in due time the light is going to shine on bush. cheney is on his way to the mideast for what? to rap up the halliburton/kbr deals? or the sham visit about the price of oil. which him and his co-horts have price set.

March 10, 2008 06:05 pm at 6:05 pm |
  19. suzy

why is MY comment waiting moderation?????? nothing distasteful written by me, unlike some of these other post....

March 10, 2008 06:05 pm at 6:05 pm |
  20. Black Republican in New York

It wouldn't have hurt this much if Spitzer wasn't such a high-rolling moral crusader against other men doing wrong. True, his sin was not of the business corruption type that he raile against, but since each man has some sort of weakness – known or unknown – it makes sense to conduct yourself wisely if you know in your heart that you are no paradigm of virtue or pristine.

He was caught ontape making an appointment, but not in the act. Does this mean prosecution? Or does he just have to step down (like Alan Hevesi; the guy who won NY State Controller race but was convicted of a crime and had to step down to in exchange for avoiding jail time)?

March 10, 2008 06:06 pm at 6:06 pm |
  21. Cathy

Will Senator Clinton REJECT and DENOUNCE Governor Sptizer's endorsement?

Walk to talk Sentor Clinton!

March 10, 2008 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  22. Onewhoknows

Rohit March 10th, 2008 5:35 pm ET

Maybe she can run for the office now. After all, she also gained "experience" while her husband was in office.

CNN: How about giving a chance to your readers for engaging in dialogue with each other by providing some kind of chatting interface with each story? Would be agreat crowd puller.

Yes Rohit. Good idea. So we tell you directly that you are an idiot!

March 10, 2008 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  23. Texas4Obama

Pretty unbelievable that Billary did not just come out and denounce and reject New York Gov. Spitzer's endorsement of her!

Guess those New Yorker politicians have to stick together!

She was very quiet in the interview clip – wonder if she is worried that Bill is on the list too!

March 10, 2008 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  24. Leon 619

You know that old say:

Every dog has his day ......

Well those people he busted are enjoying themselves.

I feel sorry for the wifes and three daughters who have to go through this horrbile mess. Very sad!!!!!

March 10, 2008 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  25. Michael

I am still proud of vote for Hillary!

March 10, 2008 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |