March 10th, 2008

Clinton: My thoughts are with Spitzer

OLD FORGE, Pennsylvania (CNN) - Sen. Hillary Clinton said she had no comment on New York Governor Eliot Spitzer's possible involvement in a prostitution ring.

"I obviously am sending my best wishes and thoughts to the governor and to his family," she told reporters after visiting with reporters in a local pizza parlor.

When asked whether Gov. Spitzer could survive politically she said "let's wait and see what comes out of the next few days. Right now I don't have any comment. I think it's appropriate to wish his family well and see how things develop."

– CNN Senior Political Producer Sasha Johnson

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Ana

Let's wait and hope that Obama's apparent "dirty laundry" with Rezko deals will come out before the eleccion or better yet a believable explanation about financial deals.

March 10, 2008 06:26 pm at 6:26 pm |
  2. Joan

Can you all just relax?
    Its not Hillary's fault. Stop with the non-sense vitriol.

March 10, 2008 06:27 pm at 6:27 pm |
  3. David

Indiscretions! Is there any journalistic investigatiing occuring relative to the sex and drug claims leveled against Obama by Sinclair of Illinois? In all fairness, shouldn't a credible news source either confirm or dispel such stories particularly when a related lawsuit has been filed? The media jumped all over rumors of McCain's possible relationship with a lobbyist.

March 10, 2008 06:28 pm at 6:28 pm |
  4. Rohit

Hey People, I am not being insensitive to his wife. I am being insensitive to Clinton. I think Chris Matthews got it right...her career is based on her husband's scandals. Back then, we had sympathies for her. I liked her 4 years ago when she was working for Kerry. Even at the beginning of the campaign she was acceptable to me. I felt bad for her after Iowa but boy look how that turned out. Undermining her party for her own benefit. She will do anything to get elected.

Somebody called me sexist...well, I think Hillary is more sexist than I am. What is up with all the crying and mood swings? Reminding everyone that "I am your girl" and "I will be the first woman president." Hillary thinks women in this country are not smart enough to know that a woman candidate doesn't mean a good president.

March 10, 2008 06:30 pm at 6:30 pm |
  5. D R

Was Bill involved with this? Or was his special treatment just for the oval office? Do you Hillary freaks remember when we almost impeached these clowns? Or are you under the same spell as the rest of the Clinton fanatics? CNN will not let the words impeachment and Clinton through! I'll keep trying!

March 10, 2008 06:30 pm at 6:30 pm |
  6. Felly

If Hillary wants to be the Commander in Chief from day one, she should denounce and reject Spitzer or forever shut up her mouth. How about Hillary running for Governor of New York when she loses to Barack? This is why Spitzer is buying time to resign. Hillary is a bipolar and deluded.

March 10, 2008 06:30 pm at 6:30 pm |
  7. voice

Why are there so many people including MSNBC Hate the Clintons so much. It's hard to understand why such bias against her. I see it on every single major news broadcast on TV and hear it on Talk Radio.

My support for her is growing stronger by the day.

I am just afraid that if Obama wins, it's very unlikely that he'll be able to keep his promises and the big loser will be the Demacratic Party in the near future.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!

March 10, 2008 06:31 pm at 6:31 pm |
  8. Cheer

For those that are not convinced of Clinton's corruption, there is a report on a Chinese web site "sina.com." Bill Clinton bought stocks from a Chinese government sponsored company and sold stocks shortly for more than $700,000. It happened last year, seven months before Hillary started her campaign. This Chinese company was found fraud later in New York and claimed bankruptcy. Stay tune for upcoming new scandles.

March 10, 2008 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  9. Poverty in the Poconos

Good Grief Hillary be a woman!!!
    Your men are sick and you stick by them??/
    Moral???? I really dont want you as a role model for my daughter!
    Yes dear...thats what men do, they have little flings but let it be..they will come home!
    HAIRBALL
    Go Obama !! A true breath of fresh air in Wahington!

March 10, 2008 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  10. Gobama

"Clinton: My thoughts are with Spitzer"

There goes Hilary again seemingly excusing another man who publicly humiliated his wife with childish, reckless and DANGEROUS indiscretions.

Imagine, a so-called highly 'intelligent' individual exhibiting so much recklessness, and displaying so little common sense and self-control.

How do these guys engage in so much recklessness endangering of the family, considering that sexually transmitted diseases are so prevalent these days?

Makes one shake the head in disbelief.
    And then Hilary's thoughts are with such a reckless individual?
    Makes one wonder again about Hilary's judgment.

March 10, 2008 06:33 pm at 6:33 pm |
  11. Public

Why is the media all of a sudden bring up Bill Clinton and his past? This has nothing to do with him or Hillary for that matter. Media people, leave them alone. Hillary is the only choice for president.

March 10, 2008 06:33 pm at 6:33 pm |
  12. Charlotte

I feel for his family. People who do things like this, don't think of the impact on their familys.

March 10, 2008 06:34 pm at 6:34 pm |
  13. maya

Unbelievable- I just knew that this would somehow be tied to Hillary- how predictable. How about the fact that there seems to be more of these kind of scandals among MEN and Spitzer was a young promising politician who promised change and ethics reform and was self righteous and no one could have guessed it from this upstanding man and....hmmmm....you never can tell....Good thing we know just about everything with Hillary!

March 10, 2008 06:34 pm at 6:34 pm |
  14. Annamica, OH

How dare any of you make innuendos regarding Hillary in this. The woman has been through a lot, and it's unfair of you. This is about the Governor of NY, not Sen. Clinton and her husband's indiscretions. It's not her fault her husband cheated, nor has she used it for political gain.

March 10, 2008 06:34 pm at 6:34 pm |
  15. Carrie Pa

The scary thing is that Spitzer is a superdelegate.

March 10, 2008 06:35 pm at 6:35 pm |
  16. B. Smart

. . .Now maybe Hillary will go and steal, oops I mean run for govenor of
    New York.

March 10, 2008 06:35 pm at 6:35 pm |
  17. mary

I can't believe the amount of hatred that so many people have against each other, is this what the world has come to? No, I am not an overly religious person but the hatred that some people write about is beyond me. I wonder how many of you could take the ridicule that you, yourself, put on others? This doesn't pretain to just this article but to all the articles. I like reading the comments from the majority but the others turn my stomach whether its about Hillary, Bill, Obama, McCain, Bush,etc. I am tired of the who said or didn't say about the Iraq war, at the time I think the majority of Americans were for the Iraq war and now that we know we shouldn't have gone we are all about blaming someone else. Whenever anything goes bad all of us have a tenacy to put the blame on someone else. Let's face reality....... I think most of the senators that are on both sides (Hillary and Obama) were for the Iraq war.

March 10, 2008 06:36 pm at 6:36 pm |
  18. Roger

"Where are the men and women of character?"

You mean the people with the support of the religious right who's priests are molesting young boys? Beats me.

March 10, 2008 06:36 pm at 6:36 pm |
  19. dem08

I"m sure we are all feeling sorry for the sake of his wife and family. We should remember the situation with Hillary and how we all felt sorry for her. These spouses should not be held responsible for the bad personal judgment that their husbands have made in the past. These are two good, honest, decent, women like millions others that have to deal with such a broken heart and humiliation. I hope and pray that they don't treat her like Hillary is being treated in such a disrespectful way. Hillary has come out strong in her personal situation and as we all know has decided to forgive her husband. I hope that whatever Gov. Spitzer's wife decide to do with her marriage, that her family, friends, public, and the media respect her decision. This is a very personal situation and it should remain that way. I think it was also a personal situation for Hillary, but unfortunately the media has always tried to be so cruel, mean, to her up to this date.

March 10, 2008 06:36 pm at 6:36 pm |
  20. Willis

Hillary, has no comments because she is wondering WHERE IS BILL? I CAN'T TAKE ANOTHER SEX SCANDAL!

_______________

WHAT IS HILLARY'S INVOLVEMENT? DID SHE TAKE CAMPAIGN MONEY?

SHOULD SHE RENOUNCE AND RETURN ANY MONIES RECEIVED?

March 10, 2008 06:36 pm at 6:36 pm |
  21. Elle in Manhattan

To: Nick in Rochester, NY – Patterson has endorsed Cinton. In his words, "How can I not support her, with all she's done for NY and the citizens I represent?" Now there's a man with his priorities in the right place.

To George in Dallas, TX – You mean Hillary should reject Spitzer's endorsement the same way Obama has rejected John Kerry's endorsement because if his "yes" war vote?

March 10, 2008 06:37 pm at 6:37 pm |
  22. Deb IL

For those of you saying scandal is usually a Republican trait, and trying to link it with the Clinton's, I have just one word for you.....
    Kennedy! Seems like Teddy Kennedy has a little brush with a few scandals in his pre-party elder/Obama endorsing days. How soon we forget, quit casting stones. This man obviously messed up, give his wife and family a break.

March 10, 2008 06:38 pm at 6:38 pm |
  23. Ron Larson

Breaking NEWS...this just in...

March 10, 2008 06:39 pm at 6:39 pm |
  24. Ad Ryan

It is all about family. So seems to be the recent presidential situation.
    After the great experience with an ex-president's son, we clearly need another family business, like an ex-presidents wife. Hope at last we'll have Hillary's version of "Don't cry for me Argentina"

March 10, 2008 06:39 pm at 6:39 pm |
  25. Dave

Barb, OF COURSE he has endorsed Hillary Clinton, where do you think he got his cues from? None other than Bill himself.

March 10, 2008 06:40 pm at 6:40 pm |