March 11th, 2008

Clinton camp congratulates Obama

(CNN) - Clinton campaign manager Maggie Williams issued the following statement:

"We congratulate Senator Obama for his win in Mississippi and thank our supporters and volunteers there for their support, hard work, and long hours. Now we look forward to campaigning in Pennsylvania and around the country as this campaign continues."

1. LTN

Hillary is probably off writng a pardon for Eliot Spitzer for when she takes office. I hope when he resigns that Howard Dean replaces him (he's a Clinton superdelegate you know) with someone who favors Obama.

March 11, 2008 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  2. Reena

Here are 3 legitimate reasons that work against Obama:

1. Lack of foreign policy experience. If he can't handle Canada, our staunchest and friendliest ally....need I say more?

2. A prominent female adviser named Samantha called Hillary a monster. It really makes me wonder how Obama and his camp really feel about women. Judging from past remarks from Obama and his family members, including Michelle's brother, I have a feeling that there is a real anti-woman sentiment pervasive in this campaign. It's just not okay for a woman to be a fighter, and if she is, she is a monster. Is this the message we want to send to our female population, which is so often struggling with issues of self-worth and self-empowerment.

3. He made no real changes during his brief stay in the senate. He was more interested in being a "star" than doing all the work needed to make change happen. Change takes hard work people, and if you've ever tried to make changes on a micro level (personal life), you will understand just how much work is needed to make change on a macro level (a country). Let's start being realistic about change and the amount of WORK needed to make change happen. Is Obama really ready to work that hard for the country or is he just more interested in the prestige that comes with the position? His senate record points to the latter.

March 11, 2008 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  3. Wayne

i've taken the time to look at other news outlets and it is interesting that CNN seems to be the only one that harps on the divide in terms of how people are voting. I think this reporting stokes the fire of racism and racial divide. for once it seems the country is moving it the right direction away from race being at the forefront of the discussion whenever a minority is doing well...it is unfortunate that CNN cannot just focus on the results of Americans voting rather than try to find stories between the lines. How is this helpful to our country CNN?

March 11, 2008 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  4. Carol

There is such a low key win playing out in Mississippi it makes me sad. I am a white,elderly woman who has seen a lot of dirty politics and am here to say, it never wins me over. Barack Obama had something working for him, and that was the "Audacity to Hope," and it didn't matter to me what else he offered right now. People were catching on to his messages because he gave us hope!!! This Bush administration has been such a long drawn out lesson in losing hope, it left me flat, and apparently a lot of other people. I hate that Geraldine Ferraro made the statement she made, but word to Barack, don't let it take you off message! Offer us hope, please! Let that gift of oratory work for you and don't let anyone steal it from you! If Bush learned as he went, I know you can! Keep the faith!

March 11, 2008 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  5. Jay

Only a 6% Obama Lead with 25% of the vote. Good news for Hillary. He should have won this state 70-30. Maybe his star power is on the wane.
    New polls show her up by 19% in PA. If she can win by that percentage, the race goes on to the convention.

March 11, 2008 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  6. Thelma [Chicago]

Hillary's pride won't allow her to call Senator Barack Obama and thats ashame.

March 11, 2008 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  7. WISCONSIN GIRL FOR HILLARY

HILLARY 2008 HILLARY NOT A BAD JOB IN MISSISSIPPI. KEEP GOING GIRL. IN CASE YOU PEOPLE IN MISS DON'T KNOW HILLARY DIDN'T HAVE MUCH OF A CHANCE IN WISCONSIN BECAUSE MR. OBAMA CAME IN WITH ALL OF HIS MONEY AND ADS. HILLARY DIDN'T HAVE THAT MUCH MONEY, THEN AND DID NOT HAVE THE MONEY FOR AD'S IN THIS STATE. SHE HAD TO PUT IN SOME OF HER OWN MONEY AND NOT SOMEONE ELSES!!!!!!!!!

March 11, 2008 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  8. SHAME ON YOU HILLARY CLINTON!

Where are you to denounce and reject Ferraro's comments?

You don't like being called a 'monster' and call for the resignation of someone who calls you one yet days later not only won't fire but won't denounce and reject her after racial bigotry???

YOU ARE A MONSTER and the people of PA will see it and denounce and reject you.

SHAME ON YOU HILLARY CLINTON!

March 11, 2008 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  9. Geraldine

People wise up . The republicans love this and you are falling for it hook line and sinker. I am a democrat and I will vote for my party no matter what. Are you going to vote another Bush in because of a race issue? The media are playing you all for suckers. Carl Rove must be laughing.

March 11, 2008 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  10. TJ

BEST SCENARIO NOW:

BILL GOES BACK TO HARLEM WHERE HE DOES MORE GOOD THAN ON THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL AND

HILLARY GOES BACK TO THE SENATE TO HELP PRESIDENT OBAMA GET THIS COUNTRY BACK ON THE RIGHT TRACK.

THANK YOU MISSISSIPPI!

ALOHA FROM THE 50TH AND PROUDEST STATE OF HAWAII!
    TJ

March 11, 2008 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  11. Chris in Va.

I am tired of posters referring to southeners as racists. Last I checked Obama is carrying the South. Clinton the North. Perhaps yall up Nawth should look in the mirror. (Ohio, New York, New Jersey, New Hampshire) You might not like what you see.

March 11, 2008 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  12. Black Republican in New York

On the 'dream ticket' point, please note the following from Nancy pelosi:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California, who hasn't endorsed either candidate, said a unity ticket was impossible.

She said the Clinton campaign "has fairly ruled that out by proclaiming that Senator McCain would be a better commander in chief than Obama."

March 11, 2008 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  13. Jenn in Va

Obama supporters are the MOST hatefull bunch of children in the blodosphere!

I guess the KOOL-AID is wearing off.

When it comes to the only real defining platform issue between Clinton & Obama, healthcare, her plan is better, period. Her economic plan is also stronger & more detailed than his, and her educational platform is equal to his.

Like Hillary & her political style or not, she's the candidate with the best plans for our country, and that's why she should be our next President!

March 11, 2008 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  14. linda

JUDGMENT WITHOUT EXPERIENCE IS VERY, VERY DANGEROUS TO OUR COUNTRY. OH MY GOD, PEOPLE, OPEN YOUR EYES TO REALITY. THAT'S A RISK WE'RE TAKING IF YOU WILL ALLOW AN INEXPERIENCED CANDIDATE WIN. I PRAY THAT PEOPLE WILL WAKE UP.

IF OBAMA WAS IN THE SENATE FOR, I'LL SAY, 8 YEARS
    AT LEAST, HE WOULD HAVE A LOT OF ENEMIES AND HE WOULD NOT BE THIS POPULAR. POPULARITY DOES NOT MAKE A PERSON A BETTER CANDIDATE.

March 11, 2008 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  15. MarySue22

There's a part of me that believes Hillary will win the nomination. I won't vote for her but that doesn't mean she won't win the general election. I'm going to go with a write-in GENERAL ELECTION vote for Sen. Obama. I know it won't make a difference but it will make me feel as though my vote still counts for something.

March 11, 2008 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  16. david

Obama won states where African American are in vast majority like Meine, Washington, Wyoming, Wissonsin and the likes. Am I right? i am very poor in demography. oh Hillary didnt congratuale. this is not an issue. she is furios now. she will say, shame on you Barack Obama, you won almost all the states,

March 11, 2008 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  17. JW

This will be my 12th time to vote for president. I have voted mostly Republican, but I have seen the light. And to be able to choose between a woman and a black is a win / win to me. Either way, good-bye to the white man's rule. BTW, I am a white woman.

March 11, 2008 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  18. Peter

Hey, "changing times,"

As a Southerner who's lived much of my life in the North, in the West, and overseas, I find your comments about the "white blue collar 'southern' type mentality" and your comparison of Hillary to Hitler sad, pathetic, and disgusting.

If you're supposed to be a representative Obama supporter, which thank God I know you are not, I'd rather vote for Bush.

March 11, 2008 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  19. steve in georgia

stop turning this into a race issue. Obama has won alot of states that are predomintly white. lets try and reunite the country and stop this race issue. why is it that when there all white candidates running for president there is no race issue yet since there is a black person involved CNN is trying to turn this into a race issue to stop Obama momentum by turning it nto a race issue.

March 11, 2008 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  20. A A Hilal

Tom Grippe wrote:

How can CNN call a race, such as the Mississippi one when only 14% of the vote has been counted and one canidate is only a few percentage points behind the other? Doesn't this sway uncommitted voters and isn't it irresponsible news reporting?

Tom Grippe, you should get a grip...

First of all, the predictions are done after an analysis of the exit polls where voters tell who they voted for, as well as an analysis of who is voting in what precincts, etc. It is very accurate and has been pretty much spot on for years.

As for the swaying of uncommitted voters... the prediction is not made until AFTER the polls have closed, so no voter can be swayed. Duh!!!!

March 11, 2008 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  21. Angelino, CA

Reading all these comments would seemed like Hillary has no support at all. That is simply not true! Obama is fine, but I simply believe Hillary is the best. Every time I posted a comment supporting her, CNN just ignored me. Who said CNN is not biased? Prove me wrong, post my comment this time!

Let's go, Hillary!

* Support whoever you want, this is a free country. Don't attack others for supporting someone other than your choice!

March 11, 2008 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  22. Leeza

I think he's got this thing! If not i look forward to rioting in the streets!

March 11, 2008 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  23. dave

Obama does not want the support of Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and Louis Farrakhan, because he does not want to be identified as a black candidate. Even though he is getting all the black voters, he does not want nothing to do with this people until he gets the nomination. He did not even showed up in New Orleans for a Black event. The guy is a fake and a phony and I don't even know why the blacks are supporting him, when he does not even want to be one of us. As a black man I am asking my brothers and sisters not to vote for this hypocrity just because he is black.

March 11, 2008 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  24. Micheal

I have always thought that only some of Whites are racists but from this election, it has proven that Blacks are racists too!.

Even with the most support from Blacks, Obama didn't win big in Mississippi!

What's the big deal of winning some states which have the most Black voters?. Nothing!

It shows that Obama will end up losing everything without those Blacks' support

And the old lady friend of Hillary Clinton doesn't have to appologize nothing because whatever she said is TRUE!. YOU ARE SO BRAVO, MRS. FERRARO!!!!

I hope Obama can really win the nomination, so the Democratic Party will be sorry for their STUPID LOSS in November!.

March 11, 2008 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  25. Pat in Richmond

Hillary, all this talk about fighting sounds pretty desperate. Just deal with issues and let the people decide if they agree with you. So far, the majority do not.

March 11, 2008 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |