March 13th, 2008

Pelosi again rules out joint ticket

Pelosi again said a joint ticket with Obama and Clinton won't happen.
Pelosi again said a joint ticket with Obama and Clinton won't happen.

(CNN) – The Democratic presidential ticket will be a "Dream Team," Nancy Pelosi said Thursday, it just won’t have both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama's name on it.

Speaking to reporters on Capitol Hill, the House Speaker reiterated comments she made earlier in the week that the two presidential candidates will not end up sharing a ticket.

"I do think we will have a dream team, it just won't be those two names," She said. "Whoever our nominee is and whoever he or she is and whoever he or she chooses, will be a dream team as the Democrats go forward.”

When pressed further about the possibility of a joint ticket, Pelosi stated flatly, "Take it from me, that won't be the ticket."

The comments echoed remarks the Speaker made Tuesday, when she emphatically told a Boston television station that a joint ticket with Clinton and Obama is "impossible."

"I think that ticket either way is impossible," she said. "I think that the Clinton administration has fairly ruled that out by proclaiming that Senator McCain would be a better commander-in-Chief than Obama."

Pelosi’s remarks came a day after Obama mocked Clinton and her campaign surrogates for raising the implication he would make a good vice president.

"With all due respect, I won twice as many states as Sen. Clinton. I've won more of the popular vote than Sen. Clinton. I have more delegates than Sen. Clinton. So, I don't know how somebody who's in second place is offering vice presidency to the person who's in first place," he said at a campaign event in Mississippi.

Related: Does Clinton benefit from so-called 'dream ticket' talk?

– CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

1. Yeswecan

Obama and Jon Paul are right ticket - one on the left most and one on the right most.

March 13, 2008 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  2. dimitri

she is out left field!!

March 13, 2008 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  3. prakash chand for HILLARY

OBAMA PELOSI ,thats what she is after.

Pelosi does not want any women to be i n ahigher position than her.

Get real Poolosi.

March 13, 2008 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  4. KS

Sorry, I meant "can't resort" in the last posting.

March 13, 2008 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  5. LA

Silvia, admit it; you were voting for McCain anyway. It's only a matter of time before your home is up for forclosure. Repub created this RECESSION, now the Dems have to clean it up. If you were a true Dem, you wouldn't care if HRC or OBAMA wins; you woud vote for the DEMS.

March 13, 2008 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  6. Michelle in KS

While I completely agree with Pelosi, I can't help but wonder....

Does she know something we don't know????

March 13, 2008 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  7. Belle

There won't be an Obama-anyone tickets now thanks to his racist minister. Interesting this story isn't on CNN.

March 13, 2008 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  8. obama

Hi, Guys, I don't like her, I'll choose a black girl, like my wife...

March 13, 2008 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  9. viv

WE AS AFRICAN AMERICANS ARE NOT RACIST BUT APPARENTLY YOU RE PATRICK. GET A CLUE. LOSER

March 13, 2008 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  10. Dee

To Sylvia:

Recent Obama's behavior towards Hillary is bad????

Am I missing something?

Am I in some other world?

Enlighten me....

March 13, 2008 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  11. Go Hillary!

What's wrong with this woman–Pelosi!

She thinks she is God! Actually she is just evil!

2008 Hillary!

March 13, 2008 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  12. Rose - Baltimore, MD

Annamica, "I don't want Obama anywhere near a Clinton ticket. He is the embodiment of hypocrisy, but I do believe Pelosi will come to eat her words".

Annamica, the only ticket Clinton has is the one to go back to New York, there is no dem nomination for her. Even the super delegates can't stand her anymore.

March 13, 2008 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  13. vj

stupid speaker

March 13, 2008 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  14. Tim

Anyone who thought they would be on the same ticket is foolish. This is just another case of Clinton trying to manipulate the press and creating sound bites because she knows most of the voting population is uninformed. She is a master manipulator.

Did anyone happen to hear her on NPR this morning? If you really listen to her, you realize she never answers ONE question. She straddles every question. I just don't get what people see in her...it's sad really...

March 13, 2008 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  15. LA-Ann Arbor

Pelosi's comments strike me as odd–perhaps she is hoping to be on the ticket with Obama. The race is far from over so why the need to make the same statement twice in one week?

Any of these three work for me: Clinton/Edwards, Clinton/Biden, or Clinton/Obama.

March 13, 2008 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  16. king from toronto

now we all know she is exactly right.there's no argument there.we hear clinton sayin it over and over.

March 13, 2008 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  17. Interesting

Many comments show people don't even know how their gov't works. Pelosi, (excluding Oprah) is the most powerful woman in the world. She is #3 after President/VP it's her. Her position makes he also the most powerful democrat. No one had to die for her to say this, she is 'Da Man'.

She is showing real leadership with these statements.

If only Howard Dean could follow her lead & grow a pair.

If Clinton tries one more major I'm sure Pelosi will be endorsing Obama.

March 13, 2008 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  18. Africa for Hillary

Well , typical small minded female jealousy .. Poor Mrs Pelosi you will soon lose your place as the hightest DP female leader to Hillary .. Just sit tight and take it gracefully..

March 13, 2008 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  19. Mireille, Charlotte

Black people don't share a brain. contrary to popular society who thinks they can tell us why we are voting for whom.

It seems like popular society always pulls out that shared brain of theirs when they try to peg us.

The black candidate isn't even black. He's half and half.

March 13, 2008 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  20. He won Texas, too!

Obama also won Texas!

March 13, 2008 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  21. rk

With all due respect Sen Obama your Sr advisor even said that you were not ready to be Commander of Chief .!!!!!!!!

March 13, 2008 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  22. jimbo

If OH-bama is on ANY ticket alot of us will be voting for McCain. Watch Obama's ""pastor" – if you can call him that " – spew his hatred toward whites and this country on the latest videos

That man is NOT a man of God and Obama has been influenced by him for "over 20 years. " Now I can see where Michelle "pickles" Obama gets her anger ...

We don't need these "3" in the White House !!!!

March 13, 2008 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  23. Ka

I will never vote for Obama/ Clinton ticket ..

I am supporting Obama but I just do not trust Clinton..

Who knows Obama will be dead in a month and she be the President...I cant take that risk...SORRY

March 13, 2008 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  24. Katy

I am glad Pelosi talked about Hillary comparing Obama is not ready as commander in chief, only her and McCain while none of the Demoract leaders stand up for that remark. I don't like Pelosi, but I give an A+ to her.

I will never vote for Clinton-Obama or Obama-Clinton. I will vote for McCain if Clintons get nomination and I am not alone in this decision.

Hillary portrays herself as victim to get sympathy from women alike.
    I am a female.

March 13, 2008 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  25. Independant/Iowa

As usual it is better pelosi keeps her mouth shut
    Democrats would be better off!

March 13, 2008 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |