March 17th, 2008

Poll: Majority of Democrats prefer Obama

A new poll out Monday shows Democrats prefer Sen. Obama over Sen. Clinton to win the nomination.

(CNN) - A majority of Democrats would like to see Barack Obama rather than Hillary Clinton win their party's presidential nomination, according to a national poll out Monday.Fifty-two percent of registered Democrats questioned in a new CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey say the senator from Illinois is their choice for president, with 45 percent supporting Clinton.The poll also suggests Democrats are more enthusiastic about an Obama victory (45 percent) than for a victory by the senator from New York (38 percent).Full story

1. aabaha-umada

Iam an Independet and i will be votig for Obama, because he is the only candidate who can put America back to the right path again. Why we need another four years of Push, Macain or Hillery. Because they are all in a same way of politics we need change and Barack can change

March 17, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  2. ImnIdaho

Since when is the Clinton News Network (CNN) pro-Obama? It must have hurt them to write this. It's good they did anyway. :) We have ONE candidate who is for all the people . He is looking to represent us in Washington, not represent Washington to us. He has shown honesty and transparency. He is the only candidate to release all his records! That's the kind of leader we need. Someone who considers all 50 states important – even mine!

March 17, 2008 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  3. Lilia, from MD

I am glad. I am a Republican and he will get my vote too.

It is time for HRC to go and take care of her husbund. Or maybe divorce her husband for ruin it for her. I guess it didn't pay off to stick it up for him, in the hopes of his support for her nominations.

March 17, 2008 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  4. Randall

Take that Right Wing America! We will prove once again that we care less about what's in a candidate's pastor, and more about what's in the actual candidate's heart and mind that matters most! We don't even care if he hasn't done anything noteworthy. He has said a lot of amazing stuff and it gives me the chills.

GObama!

March 17, 2008 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  5. critical thinker

I wonder what the obama haters are going to do when you see the reality that many of us have been seing (Obama is the Nominee, everyone close to the political process knows this. The news is just keeping this close to generate excitement. Nothing more).

March 17, 2008 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  6. Susan

Obama is a reflection of the friends he keeps. His friend Rev. Wright is a clear racist. Therefore, Obama must be a racist.
    Obama will never receive my vote, nor will he ever receive the vote of anyone with a fair, objective mind free of racist views.

March 17, 2008 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  7. Sugar

Only the democrat's people can end this mess. There is no way Hillary can catch up. She is only making things worst with the fighting and staying till the bitter end. McCain is on vacation while the dems are fighting. Vote for Obama so Hillary can go away. And because of all the games the Republicans have been playing by voting for Hillary to keep the fighting going, this will stop them in their tracks.

March 17, 2008 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  8. Hillary LOL

For all those who are looking at other polls, give Hillary a chance, she'll lie again, and bring her poll numbers down. Oh, her taxes will be out soon, and she will have to lie.

For once it's a good thing that Hillary is a liar.

Obama 08

March 17, 2008 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  9. Mike

The CNN-Obama team is losing their momentum.

March 17, 2008 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  10. Lily

Why is CNN poll so radically different than other polls? In Rasmussen poll today, Hillary leads 48%-42% among Democratic.

Obvious CNN is pro Obama, I don't trust CNN!

March 17, 2008 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  11. Renee

Mr. Obama, can't be held accountable for everything someone else says, I think people are trying to find any and everything to bring this
    man down, face it, there is nothing you will be able to do to bring himdown, I hate he is even addressing this issue, he shouldn't have to.

March 17, 2008 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  12. Nate in Mpls

I can't stop reading these comments. Some people are so stupid.

March 17, 2008 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  13. Mike Brian

That's impossible!

Obama followers, don't fool around.

March 17, 2008 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  14. Amy

I don't ever want to be called a racist again, so I am voting obama.

March 17, 2008 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  15. E. C., Houston, Texas

CNN: Where is my comment that was just submitted?

March 17, 2008 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  16. Connie Powers

I cannot understand who is in your survey because everyone I talk to is not for Obama. I can't understand the USA and where we as a nation are going. Wake up America.

March 17, 2008 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  17. manny t

Like I said boys and girls the next president of the united stated. President Obama!!! I like the sound and so does America and the world.

Obama 08
    Yes we Can....

March 17, 2008 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  18. katie

well I know how CNN conducted its poll, by deleting different ones, just like the comments board on its ticker!!!

Freedom of press, give me a break!

March 17, 2008 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  19. annie

Either candidate winning the nomination will split the democrats. Clinton supporters will not vote for Obama and vice versa. Clinton dropping out will not help Obama. Obama can't win. True Democratics won't vote Republican but may not vote at all.

March 17, 2008 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  20. ObamaJoy

So glad to hear...America is heading in a new direction FOR ALL AMERICANS – white, brown, and black – with Obama as its leader!

I'm so sick of Billary...but I'm sure they'll continue slinging mud until the very last day of this campaign!

March 17, 2008 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  21. Bob NH

I don't believe it.

March 17, 2008 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  22. Edgar

Really! Not from my end! CNN please report things that are worth if we are going to be blogging everyday for the next couple of weeks.

March 17, 2008 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  23. NONONONO OBAMA

Shame on you! CNN......The only thing you can do is delete Hillary supporter's posts!

No Obama! No CNN!

March 17, 2008 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  24. Sean

This is too funny. Obama supporters seem to think this is a non-bias poll that polled everyone in America.

You guys are extremely pathetic.

Don't worry, us Republicans will give you a far more accurate poll come November.

By the way, thanks for causing drama between the two camps for us, it beats watching Days of Our Lives.

March 17, 2008 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  25. you

Who cares about cnn poll. CNN polls have been proven jokes in this election.

March 17, 2008 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |