March 18th, 2008

Murtha endorses Clinton

Murtha endorsed Clinton Tuesday.
Murtha endorsed Clinton Tuesday.

(CNN) - Pennsylvania Rep. John Murtha announced Tuesday he's backing Hillary Clinton's White House bid.

Murtha’s announcement comes several weeks before the critical Pennsylvania Democratic presidential primary. He is also the latest so-called Democratic “Super Delegate” to choose sides in the contest between Clinton and Barack Obama. According to CNN's latest estimate, Clinton leads Obama among super delegates by 30, though that margin is significantly less than it was before Super Tuesday.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton • John Murtha
  1. marty

who is this mather?? i this a big endorsement??
    Anyway Obama will win...

March 18, 2008 09:12 pm at 9:12 pm |
  2. kitty

Hillary 2008

March 18, 2008 09:13 pm at 9:13 pm |
  3. Pat M Canada

Senator John McCain will DEFINITELY not bring about any change.
    He will continue Bush Business as usual.
    Anyone who doesn't believe that must be a Bush Fan!

March 18, 2008 09:13 pm at 9:13 pm |
  4. cph

VOTE FOR HILLARY IS BETTER THAN OBAMA HIS A BIG BIG LIAR.

March 18, 2008 09:13 pm at 9:13 pm |
  5. Roxanne NY

Great choice! I think Sen Clinton would bring a measure of stability to our defense need as we adjust to fight not countries but state-sponsored terrorism, while getting the heck out of Iraq but achieving that without placing a target sign on the backs of our troops as we withdraw.

I am a Clinton supporters. She may be overly nuaced, but at least her judgement is much better than staying in a church with a pastor who shout GD America! I wince even to write it.

And what did he do with that today, he didn;t throw his pastor under the bus for that, he threw his poor grandmother for expressing a private concern to him. What a coward–Obama!

Hillary all the way!

March 18, 2008 09:14 pm at 9:14 pm |
  6. Kelly Anne

""I've known Senator Clinton for fifteen years," he said. "I know that she continually reaches out for opinions and ideas not just from our nation's leaders, but from all Americans.""

Yeah right!

Hillary reaches out with her fist to people with different ideas.

Definitely NOT a team player!

March 18, 2008 09:15 pm at 9:15 pm |
  7. Bonbon

good for you Mr. Murtha, I hope the rest of the democratic officials get on the Hillary bandwagon and get on it soon, it is the best ride in town

and HILLARY is the right. person to lead this country forward to a strong economy, more jobs here on US soil, a better standing in the world.to an end to the Iraq war, to benefit both Iraq, the USA, and the world.

Hillary will not only make changes, but she will make changes that will make POSITIVE differences in the lives of the American Public, and isn't that what the American Public want. all the american public,regardless of gender, race, creed, or religious affiliation.

March 18, 2008 09:16 pm at 9:16 pm |
  8. Mary

"In a statement, Murtha said Clinton is "the candidate that will forge a consensus on health care, education, the economy, and the war in Iraq."

Clinton failed miserably on heatlh care in 1993.

She failed on Iraq in 2002.

It's remarkable for someone who hads a record of failure, she talks about socalled "experience"

March 18, 2008 09:16 pm at 9:16 pm |
  9. Ron

I am sorry to learn of your preference, Murtha. It took you a while to decide! I'm wondering about the timing! Did this "race" furor Obama is caught up in have anything to do with your decision?

March 18, 2008 09:17 pm at 9:17 pm |
  10. SWING STATE FAMILY

Good for her ... now she has 'only' NEGATIVE SIX superdelegates since February 5th.

March 18, 2008 09:20 pm at 9:20 pm |
  11. sad

Murtha was one of the first leaders in America to question and challenge the Iraq war in a serious way. This is very significant that this anti-war leader is supporting Hillary. I would hope CNN would make this a headline of sorts.

March 18, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  12. NickNasc

SO....................... Murtha? That MIGHT get her 12 votes. Now ALL of the BillyBots come on out and say how great this is when you always say they mean nothing when they are for Obama.

This game is getting too predictable and Boring.

March 18, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  13. Corey, Maryland

Mistake Mistake Mistake.....unless you like losing!

Obama Richardson 08!!!

March 18, 2008 09:22 pm at 9:22 pm |
  14. Betsy

Thanks Murtha!!

March 18, 2008 09:22 pm at 9:22 pm |
  15. nobama pretty mama

WAY TO GO MURTHA. I AGREE WITH YOU.OBAMA IS OUT AFTER BIG LOS IN PA...HILLARY WILL CRASH HIM ..THANK YOU JOHN MURTHA. HILL-ARY,HILL-ARY.....08

March 18, 2008 09:23 pm at 9:23 pm |
  16. Danny

Does anybody REALLY care what this retired RESERVE Marine officer has to say?....

March 18, 2008 09:24 pm at 9:24 pm |
  17. Wanda

A lot of elderly white males will now endorse Hillary, most of the Good Ole boys were just waiting for an excuse not to vote for Barack. I am not saying Mr. Murtha is a Good Ole boy, only he as well as many others knows the comments they have had at their kitchen tables.

March 18, 2008 09:27 pm at 9:27 pm |
  18. lily

Thanks John. You got the right choice. We know Hillary better than any other candidate.

Hillary 08

March 18, 2008 09:31 pm at 9:31 pm |
  19. Bill, Covington

I enlisted in the USMC in Jan.1945 and it has become embaressing to me to admit that a John Murtha was also a member of that magnificient group of people.
    Sometimes you just fooled and wind up with a member full of magots.

March 18, 2008 09:32 pm at 9:32 pm |
  20. Vote Obama

This is a man who does not support the withdrawal of troops from Iraq...

He and Ed Rendell are involved with the clintons in very underhanded ways!!!! Ed Rendell is involved in a lawsuit with the clintons and Peter Paul a felon who raised money for the clintons. Ed Rendell and John Murtha are supporters of the clintons because they have been promised favors from the clintons if they support them and cover their backs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Know who you're voting women!!!! I'm a woman but I would never vote for Hillary.....She's a liar and ravenous for power and she will do and say whatever she needs to to get this nomination!!!!!

DON'T BE FOOLED PENNSYLVANIANS!!!!!! SHE'S NOT WHO SHE SAYS SHE IS....

VOTE FOR HONESTY AND CHANGE, VOTE OBAMA!

March 18, 2008 09:34 pm at 9:34 pm |
  21. gENO

Let's see now. Murtha is against the war. Hillary voted for the war, and does not apologize for that vote. Barack was against the war. So it follows that Murtha endorses HILLARY? Something under the table must be going on that the rest of us can't know.

March 18, 2008 09:36 pm at 9:36 pm |
  22. Bob G.

Another TRUE AMERICAN HERO for Hillary –
    God Bless America!

March 18, 2008 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  23. Justin from West Haven, CT

Just like Clinton but the opposite, I was for the war, then I was against it, now I am for it again.

March 18, 2008 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  24. JFK

Overall the best candidate! Smart move Mr Murtha, at least someone is not drinking the Obama Koolaid!

March 18, 2008 09:49 pm at 9:49 pm |
  25. Connie Levy

As the primary season unfolds I admire Hillary Clinton more and more. She is attacked viciously by readers, many of them asking why she doesn't get out of the race. She continues in the race with dignity and spirit. Why people hate her, I do not understand.
    She was a great First Lady and has been an outstanding Senator. And even now, she has to live through cutting remarks about her husband's scandal, brought out by a vindictive Republican Congress. It is obvious to me that the Clintons have spent their political lives embracing all Americans, speaking for the needs of our country. As I watch the news, I see how much love there is in the Clinton family. I have no problem with Senator Obama, but I am hoping that Mrs. Clinton will be the nominee. She is extremely capable and will restore to this country the respect that we seem to have lost in the world.

March 18, 2008 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |