March 19th, 2008

Poll: Bush's approval hits new low

A new CNN poll shows Bush's approval has reached a new low.
A new CNN poll shows Bush's approval has reached a new low.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Just 31 percent of Americans approve of how President Bush is handling his job, according to a poll released Wednesday, the fifth anniversary of the start of the Iraq war.

Sixty-seven percent of those questioned in a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey disapprove of the president's performance.

The 31 percent approval number is a new low for Bush in CNN polling, and 40 points lower than the president's number at the start of the Iraq war.

Full story

Filed under: President Bush
  1. Thomas Jefferson

First of all, I am turning over in my grave.
    To see what this man has done to the Union is appaling. I don't understand why everyone does not just vote Democratic!

March 19, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  2. Thomas Jefferson

First of all, I am turning over in my grave.

March 19, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  3. Craig a Democrat in Texas for Obama

HAHAHAHAHA like a needed a poll for that one.

March 19, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  4. abm Habibullah

John Mccain is a fine man but I can not support him as long as he is walking in Bush's shoes.

March 19, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  5. Pat M Canada

Here's my Disapproval for one more! Do an International Survey on that same question and I'm sure the Disapproval rating would be 90% or higher !

But don't feel too bad Mr. President after watching your You Tube videos I am betting you'll be making a fortune as a Comedian when your term is over! I laughed so hard I had to use tissues to see my monitor screen!

March 19, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  6. Vig

This should be rephrased to his disapproval rating of 69%,

March 19, 2008 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  7. Independent in IA

This is a man who has to ask the snake, "...how's the weather up there?"

March 19, 2008 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  8. Lou

I wonder who are these mysterious 31 percenters.

Didn't think there were that many CEOs and bloodthirsty warmongers in the USA.

March 19, 2008 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  9. peter

people are finally beginning to see how much Bush really hates America. The american flag lapel pin just isnt cutting it anymore.

March 19, 2008 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  10. Seattle Sue Seattle, Wa.

I can't believe 31 percent of Americans still approve of this man Bush.

March 19, 2008 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  11. Kenneth

31 % of Americans are morons if they actually approve of Bush.

March 19, 2008 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  12. Pauline Schneider

It's impossible to believe that anyone can still support this clod.
    I feel sorry for those who have so bought into the Bush rhetoric that they cannot believe the wool has been pulled down to their feet.

31% is still too many people who have been successfully fooled
    by Rove and Bush.

March 19, 2008 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  13. John Smith

'Thou shalt not commit adultry" This is one of the highest laws in life!

Hillary STAYED with Bill after Bill's multiple infedilities. May be we should DUMP Hillary for sticking with a sinner, her husband!!

Well for those who want Obama to go back to his pastor, who would be the greater sinner here: Hillary who stays with .......after all his.....; OR Obama who stays with ...after a .....? Becuse you like to JUDGE, you go ahead and throw the first stone with a clean conscience!!!!

March 19, 2008 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  14. Bob

I guess this poll only shows that 31% of Americans are either profitting from Bush administration policies or are brain dead. I'm betting that out of the 31%,,,the lion's share of those are brain dead. There can't be many (percentage wise) who are profitting,,but imagine the extent of those profits!

March 19, 2008 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  15. Useless

This guy is an Idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!................can someone please give me some VALID, extra emphasis on VALID, reasons why this guy got nominated, elected, and why are there still some people who support his policies, ideas, and JUDGEMENT!!. I have listened, researched, and listened somemore. I can't understand how he became the leader of, and arguably the most powerful country in the world. TWICE!!!

March 19, 2008 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  16. Tim Eastman

For any Poll to be taken seriously, one needs to know how many participated and where.
    If 2 people are polled and one disagrees, then the Polls show 50% disapprove.
    IF this Poll, say of 1000 people, was taken at the Democratic Convention, it too would be 'skewed', and obviously worthless.
    For ANY NATIONAL Poll to be actually 'worth' anything, there needs to be Significant numbers from ALL areas to get a 'pulse' beat of the issues at hand.
    There are, after all, 50 United States.

March 19, 2008 05:41 pm at 5:41 pm |
  17. Tiffany

Who ever the 31% is must be trying to move on the moon with the President cuz there is no way anybody just be in agreement with this man.

March 19, 2008 05:41 pm at 5:41 pm |
  18. Saad

My fellow Americans, leave my Bushie alone. It's not his fault! We elected him to the office.

My Bushie will leave a terrible legacy behind. Devastating consequences for our country for years to come. But it's not my Bushie's fault. Why did we give him a 2nd term when we had seen during the 'evils' surrounding him in the 1st? Dick and Rumsfeld needed to be thrown out. But what did we Americans do? Elected my Bushie to the office and gave Dick and Rumsfeld a chance to add to their counts of evils.

We need to disapprove ourselves and rate ourselves lower... Not my poor Bushie.

March 19, 2008 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  19. Roxy

Are you kiding me? Are there still any Americans who actually approve of Bush after all he is done to us?!!! What are smoking?!!

March 19, 2008 05:45 pm at 5:45 pm |
  20. DMAC in ID

And this should surprise anyone???? Look at how the stupidity done by this administration has really messed up not only our country but other countries and made us even the "Uglier AMERICA" to other countries by this man that thinks "War is romantic".

March 19, 2008 05:48 pm at 5:48 pm |
  21. Gee

That iswhere he should be headed. Wonder if zero is allowed.

March 19, 2008 05:49 pm at 5:49 pm |
  22. Al

Mr Wright will have to answer to god for using the lords name in vain when cursing the United States.
    Mr Obama condoned all the preachers remarks made about this great country, and then lied about it. I no longer respect him.

Al

March 19, 2008 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  23. Never McCain

Hmmmm only 31 percent? That is too high. I am sure it must be lower. More like 8 percent.

March 19, 2008 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  24. pANNA

As long as he does not have to fill his gas tank at the gas station, or to spend nearly 200 dollars in groceries and get not nearly a cartful, then he will not know the pain of hard working, ordinary people.

I can't wait for him to leave the White House for good. Eight years to eternity, seems like. I am ready to exhale!!!

March 19, 2008 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  25. Jenkins

Can the amercan see a brighter future for this nation and our children.

It all starts with us!