March 19th, 2008

Poll: Bush's approval hits new low

A new CNN poll shows Bush's approval has reached a new low.
A new CNN poll shows Bush's approval has reached a new low.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Just 31 percent of Americans approve of how President Bush is handling his job, according to a poll released Wednesday, the fifth anniversary of the start of the Iraq war.

Sixty-seven percent of those questioned in a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey disapprove of the president's performance.

The 31 percent approval number is a new low for Bush in CNN polling, and 40 points lower than the president's number at the start of the Iraq war.

Full story

Filed under: President Bush
  1. Indy in AZ

I'm shocked its that high!

March 19, 2008 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  2. prakash chand

DONT WORRY ABOUT bUSHS APPROVAL,HE IS GONE.

BAD NEWS WOULD BE IF OBAMA IS IN THE WHITE HOUSE.

March 19, 2008 07:30 pm at 7:30 pm |
  3. Dan

Who cares McCain is winning because of the politics of hate and division, so be it .

March 19, 2008 07:34 pm at 7:34 pm |
  4. Jenny, Rio Vista, CA

That would indicate that 31% of the country are benefitting from the spoils of war and the illegal maneoverings aof this administration or their last name is Bush or Cheney.

March 19, 2008 07:35 pm at 7:35 pm |
  5. Sara in MN

It's incredible that his approval rating is as high as it is. What the heck is wrong with that 31% of Americans? Imagine the statue of three monkeys: "Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil." That's the only way to ignore the disaster that has been the Bush administration.

March 19, 2008 07:43 pm at 7:43 pm |
  6. Robbin

The only thing surprising about this article is who is the 31% that are actually approving of this moron???? What planet are they living on?

March 19, 2008 07:44 pm at 7:44 pm |
  7. Willy

Thank you Mr. President for staying the course and for not falling for the liberal media low rating trap. We don't see CNN broadcasting the low low ratings of the DEMOCRATIC controlled Congress now do we?

March 19, 2008 07:44 pm at 7:44 pm |
  8. Brian

Listen e MUST stay in Iraq until the job is done.

The job is done when:
    America is bankrupt
    All American soldiers have been killed
    Gas prices are over $300.00/gallon.
    The Iraqi's decide to hit America with more 9/11's suicide bombers.

4 more years!

P.S. The rich need more tax breaks.....

March 19, 2008 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  9. JM

You claim Bush’s approval rating is at an all-time low? What’s your evidence? Oh yeah, cnn’s TELEPHONE survey! Seriously, did any of you guys go to college? Because any idiot who has taken an introductory-level statistics course can tell you that phone surveys disproportionately favor democrats (look it up). Your network is the most blatantly liberal, one-sided, propagandist, communist, heartless, gutless, terrorist-loving, U.S.-hating, group of individual pieces of fecal matter I have ever seen. The majority of Americans do not agree with your leftist rhetoric. I dare you to publish this.

March 19, 2008 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  10. minnie

Not low anough....

March 19, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  11. jasper

I simply can't believe no one has commented on this article.
    Is the DELETE KEY stuck?

March 19, 2008 07:52 pm at 7:52 pm |
  12. Independent-Latina-voter, Salt Lake City, UT

I am surprised that his approval rating is SO high! Considering he has run our country into a ditch!

Hope the Democrats get their act together, unite and win in November. But if the comments in these blogs are any sign, it looks like they are divided and hating each other. God help us, if McCain wins, because the Dems couldn't get their act together!

March 19, 2008 07:56 pm at 7:56 pm |
  13. Jack from California

WHAT A SURPRISE! Duh, the 30% are the rich and foolish that are too greedy or too stupid.

As a democracy having this grinning fool sitting in the white house as our country is suffering from coast to coast is an absolute disgrace!

When Bush talks about what he is doing for the people, he is talking about these 30% and NOT the rest of us.

March 19, 2008 07:59 pm at 7:59 pm |
  14. Geri

Who are the people CNN calls that make up their polls???

March 19, 2008 07:59 pm at 7:59 pm |
  15. Sonia, California

NO KIDDING! I'M NOT SURPRISE AT ALL, after 7 years Americans are just beginning to realized Bush did and will not do NOTHING for the people, except bringing us down in the world more and more. I still cannot believe how people voted twice for him! THIS IS THE MESS WE ARE IN NOW, thank you George W. Bush!

March 19, 2008 08:01 pm at 8:01 pm |
  16. Grif

How is it my comments, never qualify... Lou? I don't like to direct to you! Still you're name is Lou Dobbs???

One World. One Child?

I suppose you were one some time???

March 19, 2008 08:01 pm at 8:01 pm |
  17. D.Kimbro OHIO

I hope we all remember the margin this man won by. Let's not be so quick to jump on the next best thing. Anyone, who had any foresight could see this coming. I know I am not better off now then when this man took office. It will all be over soon???? I hope... I don't think legacy is a concern to this president.

March 19, 2008 08:01 pm at 8:01 pm |
  18. jen in cali

I can't believe it is even this high!

March 19, 2008 08:03 pm at 8:03 pm |
  19. Allan

He still manages to get 31%?? I guess Hannity and Coulter still manage to persuade a few people who can't think for themselves.

March 19, 2008 08:07 pm at 8:07 pm |
  20. JOHN

BUSH'S APPROVAL RATING IS SO LOW HE CAN PLAY HANDBALL ON THE CURB.

March 19, 2008 08:07 pm at 8:07 pm |
  21. Grif

How is it I'm always too Late ... To cvonnect to Lou? I caught the first train out, still I forgot about summer change on your clock.. Mr Dobbs By the way? How is your clock...

Tickety tick! I hope....

March 19, 2008 08:07 pm at 8:07 pm |
  22. Spirit of America

Why do We, The People have to put up with another day with him as President? Either impeach him or call an election tomorrow to replace him. Our economy cannot tolerate another 9 months of this man gone wild. Do we have to wait until he bombs Iran and the stock market crashes?

March 19, 2008 08:14 pm at 8:14 pm |
  23. Conan

Wonder if he can get to 21? BLACKJACK!!!!!

March 19, 2008 08:18 pm at 8:18 pm |
  24. Ed, Santa Fe, NM

it couldn't be low enough to suit me.... what a disaster and a delusional fool Bush is.

March 19, 2008 08:20 pm at 8:20 pm |
  25. Jen

LOL...Bush is such a joke.

March 19, 2008 08:25 pm at 8:25 pm |