March 25th, 2008

Clinton says she 'misspoke' about sniper fire

CNN

Listen to Bill Scheider’s analysis and Clinton's misspoken comments.

(CNN) - Sen. Hillary Clinton said she "misspoke" last week when she gave a dramatic description of her arrival in Bosnia 12 years ago, recounting a landing under sniper fire.

Clinton was responding to a question Monday from the Philadelphia Daily News' editorial board about video footage of the event that contradicted her assertion that her group "ran with our heads down" from the plane to avoid sniper fire at the Tuzla Air Base, Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Tommy Vietor, a spokesman for rival Sen. Barack Obama's campaign, said the Bosnia claim was part of "a growing list of instances in which Sen. Clinton has exaggerated her role in foreign and domestic policymaking."

Clinton told the paper's editorial board it was a "minor blip."

Related: Watch Clinton speak last December about her trip to Bosnia

Full story

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. TF

HRC supporters do you really believe her now. This is two times she has lied to us. This country needs an honest and truthful leader not anouther Clinton.

March 25, 2008 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  2. Ivar

By the way according to reports Chelsea was 16 at the time and hence a minor. She should be investigated by the justice department for child endagerment. NEED I SAY MORE.

March 25, 2008 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  3. Think - FL

Whatever. If you watched the speeches where she talked about it she tried to paint this very detailed, dramatic, romanticized event where she risked her life to help those poor people. What a total crock. I can't believe people fall all over themselves for someone so obviously disingenuous. This is a small example of a much larger character flaw.

March 25, 2008 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  4. LB

its just like her to lie to make herself look good and it doesnt matter how many trips she went on, that is something you would never for get not to mention her only childs life was endanger. in my opinion she new what she was saying was a lie not a misspoke or minor blip

March 25, 2008 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  5. Shem

She is UNTRUSTWORTHY. The polls were correct to depict her as so, and now she should shut up and endorse Barack Obama instead of dividing the party with her LIES.

March 25, 2008 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  6. Edubs

Hillary lies about Bosnia, Barack lies about Rezko and Wright, Bill lies under oath.... politics as usual for the Democrats. But the Hil-bots and Obahhhma-freaks will follow blindly along. Libs are sheeple.

March 25, 2008 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  7. HotBeans

What's really troubling about this video is Hillary's haircut. Oye.

March 25, 2008 09:56 am at 9:56 am |
  8. Joanne

"misspoke"

Hahahahahaha!
    Yeah, right. Nice try!

March 25, 2008 09:56 am at 9:56 am |
  9. Lawrence O.

Minor blip?Honestly,this is very typical of the CLINTINS.

March 25, 2008 09:56 am at 9:56 am |
  10. Clinton Supporter

Minor blip, misspoke, call it what you want! It was a plain boldface lie, and the media should tell it like it is. A LIE!

And because of this, I am changing my vote. If we cannot trust her with something as simple as that, why would anyone want her to preside over our great country?

March 25, 2008 09:57 am at 9:57 am |
  11. Herbert

So let's see. She lied about Bosnia, she lied about Nafta, she lied about being fully vetted.

How can she be fully vetted when she hasn't filed tax returns for 8 years; hasn't released her earmarks, hasn't released the list of donors to the Presidential Library and hasn't released the list of donors to the Clinton charity?

"A minor blip"; well lets see the rest of information released and let the American voters determine whether this is a minor blip or not.

March 25, 2008 09:58 am at 9:58 am |
  12. MNDem

People, is it not obvious?

HILLARY WILL SAY OR DO ANYTHING TO GET VOTES!

You are crazy if you think the Clinton's actually care about you! It is a power grab and we are all just pawns in their game.

Obama/Richardson '08

March 25, 2008 09:58 am at 9:58 am |
  13. Ladyleo Atlanta

No comment.

March 25, 2008 09:58 am at 9:58 am |
  14. Carine

Misspeakiing indeed! Then HIllary always mispeaks! b/c everything she says is so wrong! I've had it with this lady, if its not Obama, then I'll just sit at home and not vote as I don't like McCain either.

March 25, 2008 09:58 am at 9:58 am |
  15. Give us a break

So what else is going to say to get elected. I trust her about as far as I can pick up a car and throw it. As a retired military member, I would follow her into battle only out of morbid curiosity.

March 25, 2008 09:58 am at 9:58 am |
  16. Joe

Misspoke????!!!! Oh that's right...she's a democrat...they do that OFTEN! We should be used to that!

March 25, 2008 09:58 am at 9:58 am |
  17. Jessica, MI

Hillary "misspoke" just as much as Bill "did not have sexual relations with that woman"

Liars.

March 25, 2008 09:59 am at 9:59 am |
  18. Christine

"Minor blip"?

There's a BIG different between walking calmly off a plane after being told there MIGHT be sniper fire and running and ducking for cover with your head down to avoid sniper fire.

Doesn't surprise me at all.....

March 25, 2008 09:59 am at 9:59 am |
  19. todd

She just "misremembered." What a joke.

March 25, 2008 09:59 am at 9:59 am |
  20. LISA

Ok Hillary... I have heard you state this a number of times.. what is going on in that dillusional mind of yours. Ypu will say anything to get people to vote for you.. Greedy little thief. Please just go away. I used to want to vote for you.. but I cannot vote for someone I DO NOT TRUST.

March 25, 2008 09:59 am at 9:59 am |
  21. Mark in Missouri

Ah, more glorious Washington doublespeak.

If Senator Obama had "mis-spoken", I'm sure some sharped-tongue vitriol would have immediately spewn forth from Mrs. Clinton's mouth.

Mark my words, if she becomes the nominee, McCain '08 baby!

March 25, 2008 10:00 am at 10:00 am |
  22. Clinton is a fraud

Seems to me that the Clintons (Billwinsky and HRC) are pathological liars.
    You have just lost my vote forever. I hardly see anyone these days rooting for you anyway.

March 25, 2008 10:00 am at 10:00 am |
  23. Martin Howell

Make sure not to misspeak when you answer that 3 a.m. phone call.

March 25, 2008 10:00 am at 10:00 am |
  24. Robert B

Minor blip? And the Clinton supporters wonder why the Obama supporters keep saying she will DO AND SAY ANYTHING to get into the white house.

give....me...a....break!

March 25, 2008 10:00 am at 10:00 am |
  25. are you kidding me

Are you kidding me? "Misspoke" she lied!! I watched her address the public and speak about the danager she encountered on this trip. Running to cars, ducking sniper fire. She even Dismissed Sinbad's recollection because he is "just a comedian". She is a liar!! Same old Politics, not even a woman can change that. How disappointing.

March 25, 2008 10:01 am at 10:01 am |