March 25th, 2008

Clinton says she 'misspoke' about sniper fire

CNN

Listen to Bill Scheider’s analysis and Clinton's misspoken comments.

(CNN) - Sen. Hillary Clinton said she "misspoke" last week when she gave a dramatic description of her arrival in Bosnia 12 years ago, recounting a landing under sniper fire.

Clinton was responding to a question Monday from the Philadelphia Daily News' editorial board about video footage of the event that contradicted her assertion that her group "ran with our heads down" from the plane to avoid sniper fire at the Tuzla Air Base, Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Tommy Vietor, a spokesman for rival Sen. Barack Obama's campaign, said the Bosnia claim was part of "a growing list of instances in which Sen. Clinton has exaggerated her role in foreign and domestic policymaking."

Clinton told the paper's editorial board it was a "minor blip."

Related: Watch Clinton speak last December about her trip to Bosnia

Full story

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. OBAMATRUTH.ORG

Who cares its the ECONOMY STUPID..

Why most of us are going to work..Some PRESIDENTIAL are off on vacation...

Only Hillary can deliver

March 25, 2008 09:28 am at 9:28 am |
  2. Patty

You misspoke? Or did you LIE, Mrs. Clinton??

March 25, 2008 09:28 am at 9:28 am |
  3. suzyq-philadelphia

Here she goes again , as a kid we called it diarrehia of the mouth........
    ..enough said

March 25, 2008 09:28 am at 9:28 am |
  4. rdbtwthlins

Believe me, you will never forget sniper fire. In fact, the little voice in your head will be telling you to watch the horizon for years, decades after its experience. Sorry Hillary, 'misspoke' is a bad choice of words too..

March 25, 2008 09:29 am at 9:29 am |
  5. Mike from Pennsylvania

She lie to ohio about comander and chief and it worked.

They say Pennsylvania is like ohio, so making this lie should also work.

Its easy to trick voters so easy.

I see why Bill Richardson endorse borack.

Voters open your eyes.

I'm going back to vote for Obama.

The Clinton's not tricking me.

March 25, 2008 09:29 am at 9:29 am |
  6. maxwellinformed

Between this boldface lie and McCain's "senior moments" I don't know how you can argue who the best president would be.

March 25, 2008 09:29 am at 9:29 am |
  7. jaded

Only in politics can a lie be called "misspoke"

March 25, 2008 09:29 am at 9:29 am |
  8. Ernestine

As I have said in other blogs, Hillary can lie with a straight face.

March 25, 2008 09:29 am at 9:29 am |
  9. E. D.

Lie.

March 25, 2008 09:29 am at 9:29 am |
  10. Kathy

Oh, I'm sorry. Did I say that I have experience in foreign policy? I misspoke. Oops! No biggie.

March 25, 2008 09:29 am at 9:29 am |
  11. E. D.

Mispoke, another word for "lied". Or perhaps she was just hallucinating, and this is the person some people want to answer the red phone. Really, it's time everyone woke up.

March 25, 2008 09:30 am at 9:30 am |
  12. dmw

At least Hillary has a record to look at; Obama does not have any record of anything. His only mantra is 'change', 'yes we can', and my pastor is a racist whose church I attend for 20 years-oh yeah, he was a community organizer and voted 'present' in the State Senate.

I'll take Hillary any day over Obama.

March 25, 2008 09:30 am at 9:30 am |
  13. Renee Day

Misspoke is just another wordfor LIE. What else is she lying about. And you want this liar to run the country,built on just more lies. Did I say lie enough for you or should I have used the word misspoke.

March 25, 2008 09:31 am at 9:31 am |
  14. Rick in Florida

Now the definition of lying and exaggerating is to "mis-speak"??
    AMAZING. When will we finally be rid of these people??

March 25, 2008 09:31 am at 9:31 am |
  15. TN Voter

"millions of words a day"? That's 23 words a second! OK, so she mispoke again - or either spends all her time in words and not action. GO OBAMA!

March 25, 2008 09:31 am at 9:31 am |
  16. Pegg

She has used this description IN ONE OF HER SPEECHES!!

HOW is that misspeaking?!!?

March 25, 2008 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  17. Tom Swift, Shopton

Misspoke? If it were someone else, people would say she lied.

I can see misspeaking about what she had for breakfast that day, but there is a world of difference between her saying she had to low crawl thru sniper fire and what really happened.

I guess it all depends on your definition of "spoke".

March 25, 2008 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  18. lugina

I am from Bosnia...Clintons did great job in Bosnia–Kosovo,save millions of lives...period...

THANKS U.S.A.
    THANX CLINTONS for HELP in CROATIA-BOSNIA-KOSOVO...WAR.

March 25, 2008 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  19. Jasmyne

I don't know about you but I think I would remember being shot at.... So i definately don't buy her "I misspoke" argument. I buy it just as much as I bought "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." Pergury all over again. The Clinton are definately a scandelous bunch. SMH

March 25, 2008 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  20. Monika

When she is using it as an argument for becoming president, its a big misspoke. She tryed to pictured herself as brave and it came out very wrong. hahaha. Go Barack!

March 25, 2008 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  21. BobW Rochester, NY

Hillary has "misspoken" about much of her record. She "misspoke" about Northern Ireland, opening borders in Kosavo, SCHIP and other legislation. She has demonstrated she is ready on day 1...to "misspeak". In face of contradicting eveidence and her detailed account, it looks more like she just plain lied!

March 25, 2008 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  22. Haley Rodman Clemson

Misspoke=knowingly lied. It's only a lie if you get caught, right?

March 25, 2008 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  23. Not shocked by HRC

SHE IS A LIAR!

March 25, 2008 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  24. ross

re-ordering the posts in the ticker so the Obama paparazzi beach story is on top of THIS? really??? Is Star magazine or OK magazine owned by Time Warner too, or is the quality of CNN just going down?

March 25, 2008 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  25. Paulinus

Would she have gone to Bosnia with the knowledge of possible sniper attack? No. She should not be excused for this blatant lie. Such life threatening instances should be vividly remembered. Her intension was to deceive the people of Pennsylvania like she did to the people of Ohio. How can she be trusted in the White House?

March 25, 2008 09:34 am at 9:34 am |