March 25th, 2008

Lewis Black sounds off on politics

CNN

Watch Lewis Black on CNN's Larry King Monday night.

(CNN) – Comedian Lewis Black sounded off on what's making him mad on the political front in an interview with CNN's Larry King Monday.

On Hillary and Bill Clinton:

"Oh, boy. Could she - ambition. Ambition to the point of distraction, like exhausting ambition. Like, who's got that kind of energy? Like, who wants it that much? What could she be thinking? Why - why - what's really irritating is the two of them both. You know, they care so much about our country that they're going to kill each other to prove how much they love this country, because we won't be - we won't be going in the right direction unless we pick one of them!

On Barack Obama:

Barack Obama, I don't like hope. OK?

On John McCain:

"The year 2000, you have the opportunity of electing George Bush, what kind of governor of Texas. They meet like twice a year in Texas. Or you have the possibility of electing John McCain when he was sane, when he was a sane man, really, like spectacularly sane. And then they go, well, let's wait until he loses his mind, until he's got to pander to every idiot in sight. "

1. Arkansas Undertaker

Lewis Black, for years I have always wondered, what in the world people find funnny about you. ANd you know what Im still wondering.

You are not funnny at all. GET LOST!

March 25, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  2. McCain Clinton 08

Oh Come on, the Clintons won't kill everyone, just the democratic party!! :)

March 25, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  3. Hanging Chad

LEWIS BLACK FOR PRESIDENT!

March 25, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  4. gerard morei

Very smart person, funny but very accurate.

March 25, 2008 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |
  5. tomdavie

More free advertising for Obama.

deep cuts for Clinton and Mc Cain, and basically nothing about Obama.

golden rule:

When a candidate talks about HOPE, then just elect the sucker. Nothing else can ever be as important as the guy standing up there talking about hope. There is no other requirement at all.

March 25, 2008 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |
  6. sacto joe

First choice for President:

Barak Obama

Second choice for President:

Al Gore

Third choice for President:

Hillary Clinton

March 25, 2008 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |
  7. Julia

I love this guy. He says what we're all thinking even though we're backing candidates.

March 25, 2008 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  8. Mary

That's about it – in a nutshell!

March 25, 2008 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  9. maya

What? Was that more coherent on air?!! And why was this posted as news?....

March 25, 2008 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  10. Darth Vadik, CA

He is awsome, I love Lewis Black.

March 25, 2008 02:41 pm at 2:41 pm |
  11. Adam FL

LOL! " I dont like Hope" That is just so funny. I mean, everybody likes hope, but hope isnt what I am willing to gamble on right now, I need Solutions!!!

Hillary Clinton 2008!!!!

March 25, 2008 02:44 pm at 2:44 pm |
  12. Obama all the way...

I LOVE Lewis Black. He must be having a field day with this election!!

March 25, 2008 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  13. Slept in Church for 20 years

Another isntance of media "personalities" swaying idiots votes with their opinions.

If you're drinking in all the swill the media pumps out about the candidates, you deserve another Bush for president.

March 25, 2008 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  14. Grif

Don't Blame Hillary because of your Bias .. Mr Black!!

You are the Biggest Loser's.. You and the "Black Dreamers"

"I had a Dream".. You all live in an altogether different: "World"...

CONCEDE! Or RECEDE!!! Never to Rise again

March 25, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  15. Rob

LoooL.

i love the comment about Barack. loool

rob

March 25, 2008 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  16. Mike

CNN needs to sign Carville and this guy up...

New segment called "Straight Talk"... the show that is not afraid to be politically incorrect!!!

March 25, 2008 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  17. Uncle Sam

"I was inspired by a dynamic orator whose rousing rhetoric, until just recently, had avoided serious media scrutiny..."

Obama/Wright '08

March 25, 2008 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  18. Funny Man

LOL. He's funny.

I do like hope–Barack 08

March 25, 2008 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  19. Alex H

HAHAHAHAHA I love Lewis Black!

March 25, 2008 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  20. April in Texas

This whole section of Larry King Live just kept reminding me of dumb dumber and dumbest ( that comedy movie with Jim Carrey) I am 38 years old and I still have HOPE that one day the world will be better if not for me then for my children. If you take away hope then you are really left with a rut.

Obama 08
    Austin Texas

March 25, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  21. Corey, Maryland

Oh Lewis Black, you are an awesome guy. I am sad though that i haven't been able to see your new show, you deserve a medal for being so awesome.

Obama Richardson 08!!

March 25, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  22. Hillary

I do not like talking. Give some real idea.

You can find out bone from egg if you, with "that much energy".

But I agree his last words at the end of the show "Anderson, enjoy your 1996"(about which he said, who cares)

March 25, 2008 03:09 pm at 3:09 pm |
  23. Luis

This is news worthy?

March 25, 2008 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  24. LatinoNation

Hope is not tangible ! I want my SSI when i retire and if these young people get there way with Obama I wont have anything thats what I believe ! I want someone who looks out for those of us who have put and put and put into the country with are tax dollars for so long and dont have a whole lot of money not like some persons who make 100,000 dollars or more who can care less about me!!

March 25, 2008 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  25. Tyler in Raleigh

Hillarious... and so true. I love te guy, we should have him as commentator on CNN.

March 25, 2008 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |