March 25th, 2008

Obama girl pleads with Clinton to stop

The Obama girl is out with a new Web video.

The Obama girl is out with a new Web video.

(CNN) - She's back.

Amber Lee Ettinger, the star of the last year's wildly popular online video "Obama girl," is out with a new video this week that decries Hillary Clinton's insistence on remaining in the presidential race.

The new video - titled "Hillary, stop the attacks!" - opens with a takeoff on Clinton's now-famous "3 a.m." ad, and quickly transitions to Ettinger addressing the New York Democrat head on.

"I know Obama's gonna win it/but you're sorta kind of stayin' in it. I think sometimes in this campaign/You've got a crush on John McCain," she sings.

"Can't you see its hopeless? It's become an Obama-nation. Is their any chance you'll back off? So he'll get that nomination," she also says.

In the 3 minute video, Ettinger also makes clear CNN.com is her political Web site of choice:

"I watch CSPAN and they're always showing one of your rallies/Checking the CNN Ticker, can't keep my eyes off the tallies."

Created by the Web site barelypolitical.com, the first "Obama Girl" video debuted last June and quickly became an Internet sensation. To date, it has been viewed well over 7 million times, according to You Tube. The video spawned several spoofs, including "Hot 4 Hill" and the "Brownback girl."

- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Shane, NY

Stop attacking CNN. If you don't like what they post just don't come on the site. Some of you people really need a life. I also I can't stand it when people say if my candidate doesn't get nominated I won't vote for the other one. You need to get over yourself. How childish can you be. Also Mr. Lou Dobbs said 99.9 percent of the people in this country aren't racist. What a joke that statement is. I think Lou Dobbs needs a reality check. He should be a minority and live in the hood and he will see if racism doesn't exist. I know we have gone a far way with racism. But 99.9 percent is crazy. I get pulled over sometimes because i'm driving a nice car in Queens, NY. One cop had to the nerve to ask me "how can i afford this car". I wanted to tell him becuase my father came to this country with 17 dollars in his pocket and work hard to provide me with a great education. That's what people do when they come to this country as immigrants. Look at the Iran-Contra affair when the C.I.A introduced drugs into the south central L.A. Now there is a fact showing socio-economic racism. If you think that doesn't exist you need a reality check.

March 25, 2008 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  2. chris

This idiot did not even vote in the primary, but she did go out drinking on the same night. What a moron. I like what she is saying, but the truth is Hillary will not stop until she tears the party apart that the clintons have been running for nearly two decades. You see if she stays in it then she can blame the party not herself for blowing what was once a lead that was near impossible to overcome. Seems There should have been a 50 state campaign instead of a "this will be over on super tuesday" campaign. Ready on day one.....ha you were not even ready for your primary.

March 25, 2008 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  3. santori

Wow....this is considered news? For a second I thought I was reading ET magazine. It wouldn't hurt for someone at CNN to check their usage of "there, their, and they're".

March 25, 2008 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  4. Paris

Is this really worth talking about?!

March 25, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  5. DemocracyNow

Senator Clinton cannot remember which story on Bosnia is the right one Oh I am tired its been a long campaign .
    Senator Clinton now will be know CNN News as Senator Liar.
    Obama girl your the Best keep it up ,
    Senator Obama brings Solutions and Hope to the American People
    Senator Liar just keeps feeding us more lies.

March 25, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  6. April in Texas

While I don't get why this is political news the video was extremely cute and an accurate view on the division of the democratic party. Clinton backing out now would be best to unite the party and help her in future runnings but right now Hillary is just leaving a bad taste in my mouth and thats without the remembering of Bill Clintons bad taste... EWWWWWW

Obama 08

March 25, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  7. Bruce

WOW! A political message from TRASH! Really makes me wanna go vote! BARF!!!

March 25, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  8. Paul

Obama supporters are retarded, spoiled human garbage, and they should be culled, like sick cattle.

March 25, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  9. DemocracyNow

Senator Clinton now will be known on CNN News as Senator Liar.
    Obama girl your the Best keep it up ,
    Senator Obama brings Solutions and Hope to the American People
    Senator Liar just keeps feeding us more lies.

March 25, 2008 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  10. SS

This is crazy and why would I care what see thinks!!!!

March 25, 2008 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  11. Christopher G

She is just a retarted online geek trying to be famous. Try American Idiol!

March 25, 2008 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  12. Mark

pathetic. CNN isn't it sad you aren't even reporting news?

If Obama gets democratic nomination, he'll give our country away. As a life-long democrat, I'll vote McCain. Simple as that.

This country can do better. Obama would be like a 1st grader teaching college courses.

March 25, 2008 02:07 pm at 2:07 pm |
  13. Willie

People keep talking about how Clinton misspoke. I dont care that she misspoke. Why isn't the media talking about how Obama misspoke about never being in the church to hear controversial comments. How about that?

March 25, 2008 02:07 pm at 2:07 pm |
  14. Trudi

This is news...how?

March 25, 2008 02:07 pm at 2:07 pm |
  15. Paid Staffers

The paid staffers, for you know who is out in full force. LMAO

March 25, 2008 02:07 pm at 2:07 pm |
  16. Tyler Clay Collins

I am an Obama supporter and I think she is funny and all but, cnn come on and deliver real news. If you want to publish this... ok; but do it underneath the title of entertainment.

March 25, 2008 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  17. Kimmie

Funny.

March 25, 2008 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  18. 18YearsRule

Those young kids are politically naives. They don't know what they are doing, like Millions youths blinded followed Lenin in Soviet Union and Mao in China.

March 25, 2008 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  19. janlorene

??? "Is their any chance you may back off?" Do you by any chance mean " Is there any chance you may back off?"

March 25, 2008 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  20. GAIL NY

SHE, LIKE ALOT OF OTHERS, JUST WANT THEIR MOMENT OF FAME AND HOPEFULLY CAPITALIZE IN THE POCKET BOOK. SHE NEEDS A JOB AND A REAL LIFE NOT DEPENDENT ON THE COAT STRINGS OF THE FAMOUS.

March 25, 2008 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  21. Obermann

Never let Bill get close to Obama Girl. Eres Tu, Viva Obama esperanza !
    Now that Hillary has revealed herself telling lies over Bosnia,
    Lies have only short legs !

March 25, 2008 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  22. Don from Indiana

Just like Obama all flash and no substance.

March 25, 2008 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  23. Bilbo983

A vote for Senator Clinton is a vote to separate the Democrats and to allow Senator McCain to rise in the Poll. Senator Clinton has done enough ham to the Democratic Party with all her kitchen sink tactics and her misleading lies about her experiences.

Americans have to come together to bring this nation out of its woes, whether it may be the economic issue, the Iraq war, education costs, the rising oil prices, health plans to cover all Americans, the booming illegal drug activities in Afghanistan, etc. Where was Senator Cinton's (and where was Senator McCain's leadership in the Senate?) SUCCESSFUL leadership when she was in the Senate to stop all these problems from happening. She showed little real successful leadership in her years in the Senate then, so it's obvious that her leadership will also fail as America's President.

Obama Girl, go... go... go.. continue to represent the majority of American voters' voices.

As JFK had said, "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country." We desperately need a Presidential Leader who can inspire the American voters to come together and do what's best for this nation, not divide them for their selfish gains and interests. Senator Clinton has a talent to divide voters, not unite them. She lures voters through her misleading claims. Expect her to provide empty promises... just as empty as her claims about her foreign policy experiences.

March 25, 2008 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  24. TK

Charlotte,
    Why are you always the first to give the dumbest comment on ticker. Don't be a symbol of the angry, hatefull supporters of HRC has become.
    TK

March 25, 2008 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  25. john

people, learn to take a joke.

go obama!