March 25th, 2008

Obama girl pleads with Clinton to stop

The Obama girl is out with a new Web video.

The Obama girl is out with a new Web video.

(CNN) - She's back.

Amber Lee Ettinger, the star of the last year's wildly popular online video "Obama girl," is out with a new video this week that decries Hillary Clinton's insistence on remaining in the presidential race.

The new video - titled "Hillary, stop the attacks!" - opens with a takeoff on Clinton's now-famous "3 a.m." ad, and quickly transitions to Ettinger addressing the New York Democrat head on.

"I know Obama's gonna win it/but you're sorta kind of stayin' in it. I think sometimes in this campaign/You've got a crush on John McCain," she sings.

"Can't you see its hopeless? It's become an Obama-nation. Is their any chance you'll back off? So he'll get that nomination," she also says.

In the 3 minute video, Ettinger also makes clear CNN.com is her political Web site of choice:

"I watch CSPAN and they're always showing one of your rallies/Checking the CNN Ticker, can't keep my eyes off the tallies."

Created by the Web site barelypolitical.com, the first "Obama Girl" video debuted last June and quickly became an Internet sensation. To date, it has been viewed well over 7 million times, according to You Tube. The video spawned several spoofs, including "Hot 4 Hill" and the "Brownback girl."

- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Reality check #1

Sung from Obama Girl who admitted she did not vote. Really carries alot of weight, huh?

March 25, 2008 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm |
  2. Rob

Someone should look into this girl's background. Wonder what club she dances in? Or maybe she has other videos to see?

March 25, 2008 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm |
  3. loveamerica

Michelle Obama, watch your man, so you won't regret what you said about others!

March 25, 2008 12:31 pm at 12:31 pm |
  4. Marjon

O no, why is she half naked? Not that I do not agree with her but girl put on some clothes!

Obama '08!!

March 25, 2008 12:31 pm at 12:31 pm |
  5. Connie Alabama

CNN needs to come clean an admit that it TOTALLY supports Obama!
    This girl needs to understand that if you don't vote I don't care what you think! GO Clinton 08

March 25, 2008 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  6. Tiffany

So THIS is how we pick our political leaders these days?

Lord have mercy!

No wonder we ended up with George W. Bush. No wonder the Democratic Party is so screwed up.

March 25, 2008 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  7. Miller

Misspoke? That's a nice way to say it. Usually, when you say you were under fire (and you weren't) that you had to cover your head and run for safety (and you really didn't) it's called lying.

March 25, 2008 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  8. Chris, Orlando

CNN, is this news? Really? Shame on you.

March 25, 2008 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  9. oneman

and this is relevant how?

March 25, 2008 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  10. Amanda

I'm an Obama supporter, but I can't help but wonder how this is news.

March 25, 2008 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  11. Midge from Ohio

Is this the mentality of people who vote for Obama?? Oh please, it scares me that people like this are allowed to vote. What a ditz!

March 25, 2008 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  12. Obama supporter

CNN...this is a new low. All we want is the news...

March 25, 2008 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  13. Michael McMurray

I am increasingly saddened by the current definition of "news". CNN, why do you feel it necessary to pander to the idiots who would actually watch a video clip of that ilk. I never saw the first one and have no intention of watching this one. Please listen to your intelligent readers and reconsider tagging something like this as "news".
    Thank you!

March 25, 2008 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  14. Richard

This is ridiculous! So when is a twenty something woman who speaks with her cleavage, the dictator of who gets elected?

March 25, 2008 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  15. Hillary 08!

CNN, please – these are not news! I am going to Fox News, see ya CNN.

March 25, 2008 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  16. Praetorian, Fort Myers

I am now truly convinced we must institute an IQ test before allowing people to register to vote.

March 25, 2008 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  17. Zoi

Has anybody notice how wonderful Britney Spears is doing?

March 25, 2008 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  18. Wendy

Why are you covering something so STUPID! Not only are you giving Obama as much free time on TV that you can get away with but know you are promoting a ditzy girl who is making a buck off a sleezy video. CNN I am so disappointed in you! Shame on you! You are almost to the quality of tabloid reporting! Are you going to censor me again??

March 25, 2008 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  19. Dave

I believe Ludacris had an appropriately named song for this juncture...

March 25, 2008 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  20. Doug, DC

Wow, I was leaning towards Clinton but now I'm strongly on board with OBAMA!!

OBAMA for Pres and Obama Girl VP!!!!

March 25, 2008 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  21. Iamwmd

This is not a lying contest so Hillary supporters, your candidate has no chance of winning.

We will see who's viable when the nominee is selected. She needs a better spin than that.

I personally enjoy seeing Hillary and Bush on the tv. It's practically impossible to tell who's the better liar. I guess it's her Republican upbringing. and you wonder why she likes McCain

Obama 08

March 25, 2008 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  22. Peggy S

Clinton is a Liar.

You do NOT misspeak about a life threatning moment in your life!! That memory is not a slip up, its not fuzzy, that memory is crystal clear... if it actually happened!!

She is not trustworthy.

March 25, 2008 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  23. IrisDevenport

Obama girl did vote, she said so in her latest television interview. That was a vicious rumor started by a NYC gossip columinst. They said, they found her drunk in a bar on election night.

March 25, 2008 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  24. Anonymous

I am deeply shocked that CNN choses to run stories with grammatical errors laden in them. Seriously, is it that difficult to figure out if you should use there or their?

March 25, 2008 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  25. brandon

this is so pathetic. are people really going to attach any worth to the words of this loser?

March 25, 2008 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |