April 2nd, 2008

Elizabeth Edwards goes to Harvard

Elizabeth Edwards has taken a fellowship at Harvard.
Elizabeth Edwards has taken a fellowship at Harvard.

(CNN) - Elizabeth Edwards has taken a visiting fellowship at Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government.

Edwards, the wife of former presidential candidate John Edwards, fellowship will occur next week, the school announced Wednesday. She will make a public address in the John F. Kennedy Jr. Forum on April 9.

Earlier: Elizabeth Edwards takes aim at McCain health care plan

Filed under: Elizabeth Edwards
  1. Bhuvana, Northridge, CA

This is one woman I admire tremendously. I think she'd have made a great First lady. All the best, Elizabeth Edwards.

April 2, 2008 01:35 pm at 1:35 pm |
  2. Very Concerned Community

I read the earlier article and it seems like her husband, Senator Edwards has similar views as Senator Clinton. I hope he stands up for Hillary.
    It would be the best ticket...Clinton/Edwards.

April 2, 2008 01:41 pm at 1:41 pm |
  3. VOTER FOR TRUTH AND DIGNITY IN AMERICA

We love you Elizabeth, but upon reading further, Did you just
    endorse Hillary for your husband. Oh No. Hillary is a "politics
    as usual liar". I think you just endorsed Hillary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Absolutely
    not. Obamas Health Care Plan is just as good if not more caring
    to people who cannot afford Health Care at all. This is a sham.
    Elizabeth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OBAMA OR NO ONE 2008 or no one, Mrs. Edwards!!!!!!!!

Retired Professional, White Woman for Obama from Day 1.

April 2, 2008 01:42 pm at 1:42 pm |
  4. Nicknas

I am very happy for her don't get me wrong. I hope all the best for her but...................Why all of the press all of a sudden? Are you setting us up for something? Her husband is wasteing away on the sidelines and this is a way to boost his image??

John Edwards is just another self serving fence sitter. If he goes with Hillary then I will have to believe all of the " Ambulance chaser" stuff I heard about him. Is there noone in washington who sticks by their guns??

April 2, 2008 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  5. Rita

Mrs. Edwards please tell your husband to either get back in the race or quit . He is taking important votes away from the other 2 candidates.Please tell us he isn't holding out until August so he can throw his delegates out at the last minute to send one of them over the edge to win it all!

April 2, 2008 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  6. Vig

Here's the ticket: Clinton/Elizabeth Edwards!!!!!!!!

April 2, 2008 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  7. bwlib

I truly admire her will and the manner she seems to handle adversity. Well done considering her loss of a child, mothering young children, campaign losses and her own current cancer. What a nice lady. Best wishes.

April 2, 2008 01:52 pm at 1:52 pm |
  8. CHERYL

GOOD FOR HER! SHE IS ONE SMART LADY!!!!!!!!

I AM SURE SHE WILL VOTE FOR HILLARY!!!!!!

IT WOULD BE GREAT IF JOHN EDWARDS RAN WITH HILLARY!!

THAT WOULD BE A DREAM TEAM!!!!!!!

HILLARY CLINTON FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!

April 2, 2008 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  9. MP-Pennsylvania

This is a woman I admire. Not the Clinton.

April 2, 2008 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  10. Evans Oseki, Norway

We all love you Elizabeth. God bless you and good luck. Do put in a word or two for Obama ok? That`s a good lady!

April 2, 2008 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  11. S. Daf, Jumprope, WI

She is such an amazing woman, and caourageous also.

April 2, 2008 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  12. medved

This is the woman who should be in the White House . . . as First Lady OR President.

April 2, 2008 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  13. cj-delhi ny

Maybe she'll endorse Obama on that day.

April 2, 2008 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  14. Manny, CA

Congrats Elizabeth, you go girl.

Obama/Edwards 08

April 2, 2008 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  15. Edana Popp

We need more strong, smart women in leadership positions. Mrs. Edwards, please join forces with Mrs. Clinton and pave the way for our daughters.

April 2, 2008 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  16. Obama support in Iowa

I had the honor of meeting Elizabeth Edwards at a fund-raiser in Indianola Iowa last fall. She is truly a remarkable person and I pray for her continued health. My dream ticket would be Obama/Edwards

April 2, 2008 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  17. J. Georgino

Truly someone I would have been proud to call our First Lady. He bowed out too quickly. She is awesome and even better in person.

April 2, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  18. Image that...

We dumb down our education curriculum and then wonder why American companies outsource their intellectual jobs....

April 2, 2008 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  19. linda hemmingsen canada

Good for you mrs. edwards, we admire you and wish you all the best.

April 2, 2008 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  20. HP Boston

OH ELIZABETH I AM COMING TO HARVARD TO SEE YOU.
    I HAVE A FRIEND IN THE ADMIN AND SHE WILL MAKE SURE I GET TO SEE YOU!

April 2, 2008 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  21. RealityKing

The richest, most successful man to ever have attended Harvard was a drop out, Bill Gates. Hmmm.......

April 2, 2008 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  22. VOTER FOR TRUTH AND DIGNITY IN AMERICA

Elizabeth, I was so happy to see you and in reading further, I realized
    that there was an another motive for your "coming out" Excuse me,
    but had Hillary promised you Husband, John the V.P. job? Yes,
    I know that Pa. Gov Rendall has been promised the Sec of Energy
    job IF she wins. That would be a travesty if John would go for a
    very unlikable woman who would hurt America by her, "
    old politics",. The truth will come out but please do not hurt Obama.
    No one wants another liar. We have been lied to enough and Americans crave the truth. Wonder Why???????????????????

Retired Professional White Woman for Obama from Day 1.

April 2, 2008 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  23. Bubba

What's "her r task.?"

April 2, 2008 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  24. Phil in KC

Good for her! This lady has been through a lot. She deserves some positive things in her life.

April 2, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  25. Anyone but Obamination

Thanks for the Hillary accolade....

April 2, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |