April 2nd, 2008

McCain medical records to be released in May

(CNN) - The McCain campaign said Wednesday the Arizona senator's medical records will no longer be released by April 15. They now say the new timetable is "sometime in May."

UPDATE: The McCain campaign tells CNN the reason for the delay is because they want to gather all his doctors for a press conference to answer reporters' questions and May is the soonest that can be done.

– CNN Medical Unit and CNN’s Dana Bash

Filed under: John McCain
  1. Democracy

can someone ask CLINTON to release hers and also her tax returns?????

April 2, 2008 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  2. VOTER FOR TRUTH AND DIGNITY IN AMERICA

We know you are as well as the rest of us, John. But you have
    Medical Insurance. I have too. But, I could lose my home if some
    tragedy happened to me or my husband.

And, If you want to release the Medical Records, now or Doomsday,
    it don't matter!!!!!!!!!!!! We don't care!!!!!

Retired Professional White Woman for Obama from Day 1

I do not like liars or shady characters.

April 2, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  3. Jerry, ID

Personally, I don't think the country can wait that long. Put the records out now, so we can make an informed choice. He doesnt' look well.

April 2, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  4. Corey, Maryland

Why do we need to know this, we know he is old and that he has had a few medical problems. No one should be snooping around in anyone else's medical records!!

Obama Richardson 08!!

April 2, 2008 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  5. Karen - Branson MO

WHY? He must be related somehow to Hillary Clinton

April 2, 2008 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  6. Darth Vadik, CA

We need to see his psychiatric record too.

April 2, 2008 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  7. Amy, CO

Let's start a political pool, to see which comes out first, McCain's medical records or Hillary income tax returns. My bet is on McCain because Hillary is a liar and she said the taxes would be out soon.

April 2, 2008 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  8. Steven, VA

Clinton's medical records were released and the results and we were right. She doesn't have a heart.

April 2, 2008 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  9. HRC, it's over babe

Who cares? He doesn't seem fit enough anyway.

April 2, 2008 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  10. Bukky

Ummm why the delay...?

April 2, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  11. Remember the Keating Five Scandal

What are they trying to hide?

April 2, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  12. Mario Fabro

Why so long? John, better release them as soon as possible.. at your age things are not bound to get better.. believe me. I am some 25 years younger than you but still I see the decline every day.

April 2, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  13. Mia, NJ

I hope his health is okay, and I hope Hillary gets a severe case of chicken pox.

McCain 08

April 2, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  14. Sean

That's not a good sign...

April 2, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  15. Alex H

Well, those may be important but -unlike tax returns- medical reports aren't going to tell us how corrupt the candidates is... unless they have something that can look into their heart... like metaphorically or something.

April 2, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  16. Madge, OR

Are the medical records in file 13, along with Hillary's tax returns.

Tick tock Hillary...you've exhausted your 15 minutes.

April 2, 2008 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  17. VOTER FOR TRUTH AND DIGNITY IN AMERICA

Clinton's trial Paulson-Clinton coming up soon. Yes, real soon.
    About The time of the elections in Nov. Republicans can even name
    the Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crooks with Campaign Money=Clintons
    Didn't pay $2,000.00 Bill for Insurance for Campaign Staff. Past Due!!!!
    Stays in the race because she likes Campaign Money=Hillary.
    Lies=Hillary

Retired Professional White Woman for Obama from Day 1.

April 2, 2008 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  18. Dwayne, MO

I hope this man is okay so he can spend more time with his family. I think he is too old to be president. He has a hot temper, and I think the stress would be too much.

However, he has every right to run.

April 2, 2008 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  19. Mike

Thank goodness I have been wondering if he was still alive or was this a "weekend at bernie's" situation.

April 2, 2008 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  20. April in Texas

I am shocked... Ok Im not really shocked and don't really worry about his medical records.

What is important to me is Hillary and those tax returns as is the fund raising issue in regards to Peter Paul with which the trial is set for November... We arent stupid here and do have the internet. I am curious what her spin is, ya know kinda like that Bosnia thing. Btw you tube has it on tape too.. Look under Nuffsaid...

Obama 08
    Austin Texas

Ponders on if this will get posted and how many really read these posts.

April 2, 2008 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  21. Levae

Shame on you John. Shame on you also Hillary for not releasing your tax returns. Shame on you Obama for telling the truth. The election is not about telling the truth, it's about out-slicking your opponent. I can only imagine what's on Hillarys Tax Returns. Shame on you Hillary

April 2, 2008 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  22. After further review,Texas

He looks like a flat liner.

April 2, 2008 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  23. Chris

I am a Democrat so it is unlikely that I will not vote for McCain. I think that releasing medical records however is pathetic. No one should have to do that...what a total invasion of privacy. I don't care if he is running for President...that is between him, his doctors and his family. What have we come to?

April 2, 2008 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  24. j

huh? Why does he have to release his medical records? Is he accountable to others for his personal health? I can see the need for Clinton to release her tax returns if she is funding her campaign, but this is just odd.

April 2, 2008 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  25. MBFLA

I believe this is not an abnormal request for someone with a history of a terminal illness, Chris.

April 2, 2008 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |