April 2nd, 2008

New Clinton red phone ad airing in Pennsylvania

A New Clinton ad is similar to “Children,” a spot that aired last month.
A New Clinton ad is similar to “Children,” a spot that aired last month.

Hillary Clinton's campaign has gone live in Pennsylvania with a new ad that features sleeping children, and a 3 a.m. crisis call - but this time, the spot takes aim at John McCain. The 30-second spot - "Ringing" - highlights Clinton's "readiness to be steward of the economy on Day One."

On a conference call with reporters, spokesman Howard Wolfson said that Clinton had not faced any economic crises before, but that she possessed "a rich and deep understanding of complex problems" that gave her the tools to deal with them.

(Full script after the jump)

Hillary For President
“Ringing"
TV :30

Announcer: It’s 3 am, and your children are safe and asleep.

But there’s a phone ringing in the White House and this time the crisis is economic.
Home foreclosures mounting, markets teetering.

John McCain just said the government shouldn’t take any real action on the housing crisis, he’d let the phone keep ringing.

Hillary Clinton has a plan to protect our homes, create jobs.

It’s 3 am, time for a president who’s ready.

Hillary Clinton: I’m Hillary Clinton and I approve this message.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton • Pennsylvania
  1. Dave M. Chicago, IL

Who in the heck helps Hillary pick out her clothes? Horrible!

April 2, 2008 06:35 pm at 6:35 pm |
  2. Ma Bell

Hillary needs to stop answering the phone in the middle of the night and get some sleep! The last time she was sleep deprived, she thought there were snipers firing at her!

If she manages the US economy as well as she manages her campaign funds – the 3 a.m. call will be from the bill collectors.

Also, when gets up at 3 a.m. to answer the phone, she'll realize that Bill still hasn't returned from his "quick trip to the store to get twinkies and pork rinds" – and then TMZ will spot him at a club with Paris Hilton.

April 2, 2008 06:37 pm at 6:37 pm |
  3. Robert IL

I agree with the several people who have pointed out that if Hillary can't remember "dodging sniper fire" because of sleep deprivation, I certainly don't want her anywhere near the "red phone" at 3AM.

Also, shouldn't the phone in the "red phone" ad be RED? Maybe she was sleep deprived during the filming of the ad and answered the wrong phone.

Don't worry, she'll have plenty of time to sleep soon after Obama gets the nod.

OBAMA 08

April 2, 2008 06:37 pm at 6:37 pm |
  4. Chris in Va.

A better ad would be "Hi, I'm Hillary Clinton, it's 3 A.M. ,.... has anyone seen my husband?"

April 2, 2008 06:37 pm at 6:37 pm |
  5. E1944

Posted by Rosa at 4:55 P.M.
    You must be kidding if you for one minute think Hiillary is a planner. She
    planned her campaign and she has campaign staffed not paid, health
    insurance carriers not paid, small businesses in Iowa and Ohio not paid
    and only God knows who else she owes. She is not a planner and the 35
    years of experience she touts is sorely lacking in being able to make
    sound judgment.

April 2, 2008 06:39 pm at 6:39 pm |
  6. Ftkeste

Hillary is a liar, Mcain is too old and wants to keep us in IRAQ, and i just don't know anything about Obama.

this country is doomed

April 2, 2008 06:42 pm at 6:42 pm |
  7. Derrick

It's 3 a.m. and the Rev. Wright answers the phone preaching biggotry... Call back later!!! We are too busy raising racial tensions in our churches to deal with any situation right now. Please leave a message!

Bottom line is that it is Hillary or McCain! No ONE ELSE.

If Obama gets the nomination, the ENTIRE COUNTRY will see how HUGE of a following the Clinton's have and they will NOT vote for Barack Obama.

Wake up folks! Caucuses are meaningless compared to primaries! Primaries speak volumes, caucuses are mute!

Hillary 08' 12' If not, then McCain!

NEVER OBAMA! NEVER!

April 2, 2008 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  8. rck

Hillary, NAFTA, SNIPERS IN BOSNIA, TAX RETURNS, and SCANDLES, LIES LIES and MORE LIES.

If Hillary answers the phone for the economy then hold on to your wallet because here come the Clinton Taxes

April 2, 2008 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  9. Mark in KC

More denial. "Maybe if I target McCain, I can pretend I already have secured the nomination!".

So pathetic. When desperation rears its ugly head.... it really gets ugly.

April 2, 2008 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  10. Perjury

well lets see, 3 AM; I don't think the phone would be available. Testimony said that was when Bill was having phone sex with Monica. Oh, thats right-he NEVER had sex with that woman, just like he still has his law license in Arkansas and Hillary remains alive to haunt us because she could do windsprints so well through a hail of bosnian bullets. anytime of day or night, this is the couple that gives perjury a bad name. sheeeshhh

April 2, 2008 06:47 pm at 6:47 pm |
  11. Pity

Bring back Ferraro!

April 2, 2008 06:48 pm at 6:48 pm |
  12. David

I come online to read Hillary suppoters make remarks such as:

Hillary will win, you'll see

or

Hillary will win all the rest of the 10 contest and secure the nomination

It makes me laugh when im feeling down

Obama 08

April 2, 2008 06:48 pm at 6:48 pm |
  13. Pity

Like others have said - NO BAILOUTS! Congress can't wait to give from the wallets of the responsible. this is not a dem or rep issue, though for once the Rep are finally not planning to waste our money. I hate McCain, but he's right – let the losers who over lent and over barrowed loose – I for one have been waiting four years for the housing bubble to pop.

April 2, 2008 06:56 pm at 6:56 pm |
  14. Derrick

Its 3:am...the phone rings
    Hello, this is Hillary....yes...I know my bills are do...well what do you expect..Im sleep deprived and tired from dodging bullets...Yes..I know DO know where my husband is...Do you want Monicas number?

My Name is Hillary Clinton...and I misspoke when I approved this message

April 2, 2008 06:59 pm at 6:59 pm |
  15. OBAMA FOR SURE WILL WIN PA. 2008

It has been said, "She plaguarized the ad." I really Hate Hillary, the
    world's best liar.

April 2, 2008 07:02 pm at 7:02 pm |
  16. thomasr@yahoo.com

Um, Hillary, that phone has been ringing for awhile and I still don't see you, as one of our leaders in congress, doing a thing about it. Indeed, perhaps if you had picked up the phone some time ago many of the people who already lost their homes would still be living their American dream.

April 2, 2008 07:04 pm at 7:04 pm |
  17. mimi de la cruz

MORE DELUSIONS. HILLARY CAN SAVE AD & PLAY IT ALL NIGHT.

April 2, 2008 07:07 pm at 7:07 pm |
  18. Gene

shameless Hillary... politics of fear and old tricks.....enough...enough.

April 2, 2008 07:08 pm at 7:08 pm |
  19. jhs

Geeze CNN, why do you keep calling it a "RED PHONE" ad? There's no stupid red phone!

April 2, 2008 07:09 pm at 7:09 pm |
  20. david goldman

THAT CALL CAME AND WENT. HILLARY DIDN'T READ THE

INTELLIGENCE REPORT. SHE WILL NEVER GET THE CHANCE AGAIN.

April 2, 2008 07:10 pm at 7:10 pm |
  21. david goldman

I KEEP WONDERING, WITH ALL THIS FER MONGERING,

IS THAT BUSH IN DRAG ?

April 2, 2008 07:12 pm at 7:12 pm |
  22. mkay

Ring ring. Hillary it's for you, its bill collectors asking you to pay up

April 2, 2008 07:13 pm at 7:13 pm |
  23. Sarah

People keep talking about experience, experience! Bush's entire administration had tons of experience and where has that gotten us?!?

April 2, 2008 07:15 pm at 7:15 pm |
  24. A CANUCK

She can't think straight wide awake.......can't imagine her handling a crisis at 3A.M !!!!!!!!!!

April 2, 2008 07:17 pm at 7:17 pm |
  25. Franky

To be honest guys, I could care less now. Plus, I had my fun with the Clintons yesterday..... I just don't care whether people are happy or not in this election, they're idiots...........I lost faith and all I know is that I'm happy...

April 2, 2008 07:33 pm at 7:33 pm |