April 2nd, 2008

Ventura is back

CNN

Watch Jesse Ventura on CNN's Larry King Live Tuesday night.

(CNN) – Former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura is back and angrier than ever at both political parties.

"I never vote Democrat or Republican," the former wrestler said on CNN's Larry King Live Tuesday night. "I will pick someone else, a libertarian on the ballot. Someone else. I will not vote for a republican or democrat. I don't do it every election - I wish they would allow none of the above on the ballot."

On his own political future, Ventura said he is not planning on running for president because of the difficulty third party candidates have in securing ballot access.

"Am I going to run? Too difficult," he said. "Because they make an independent like me jump through 50 different hoops because every state has different things you have to do to qualify to get on the ballot."

Click here to watch more highlights from the interview!

Filed under: Jesse Ventura
  1. Sylvia

Hillary needs to run as an independent

April 2, 2008 11:14 am at 11:14 am |
  2. FEDUP

This jerk couldn't handle being Governor much less president, why is he even being ask this question?

April 2, 2008 11:17 am at 11:17 am |
  3. Michael Guinn- Ventura, CA

I can't believe this guy was the governor of a State!

April 2, 2008 11:18 am at 11:18 am |
  4. Bryan

CNN is this really important news????
    Who cares what this guy has to say anyway !

April 2, 2008 11:19 am at 11:19 am |
  5. KC

Jesse,
    There is no way that you would win the presidency anyway. We have been humiliated enough having a cheerleader-dolt for the past 7-plus years. We do not need a pro wrestler! Good God!
    Please let us elect someone with a brain this time!

April 2, 2008 11:20 am at 11:20 am |
  6. Nancy

Why are we even covering this guy???????

April 2, 2008 11:21 am at 11:21 am |
  7. Tex

Golly gee, this is really news worthy. I will now sleep better at night.

April 2, 2008 11:23 am at 11:23 am |
  8. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

It would prove interesting if he or some other well known independant could be on the ballot on all 50 states. As of now, I don't think that there is anyone out there that is good enough and could get on the ballot in all 50 states that would be electable. If you are going to to do that, there needs to be a really wealthy guy (or group of people) to gather behind one person that could rally behind.

April 2, 2008 11:24 am at 11:24 am |
  9. Stu Smith, CA

So now we've heard from Fifty Cent and Jesse Ventura. When is Carrot Top going to weigh in?

April 2, 2008 11:24 am at 11:24 am |
  10. JDC

Jesse understands how all we get fed from the two parties is political HACKS!

April 2, 2008 11:27 am at 11:27 am |
  11. Marc

You ran Minn. like a big dummy. Vince your long time boss for WWE was holding the strings and you did just what he said and Minn saw unemployment rise and job losses. Go do something with your hair and leave this kind of work for people like Obama.

April 2, 2008 11:28 am at 11:28 am |
  12. Chris from San Antonio

He doesn't have time to bleed. Or vote in a two-party system.

April 2, 2008 11:30 am at 11:30 am |
  13. Richard, FL

Jesse is back!!! Way back.

April 2, 2008 11:31 am at 11:31 am |
  14. Dee

Get a hair cut!

April 2, 2008 11:32 am at 11:32 am |
  15. AMY

I agree 100% with Jesse. I wish none of them were on the ballot. I will not vote. They lost me a long time ago. Too much bickering and no solid answers to anything. This whole thing is a joke. Not one of them has told me what they are going to do for me.

April 2, 2008 11:33 am at 11:33 am |
  16. Victor

You have to admit the man is colorful. People will listen to him, good or bad, they will listen to him

April 2, 2008 11:34 am at 11:34 am |
  17. Floridian

If it is "too difficult" for you to jump through the hoops of registering in all the 50 states you want to lead, then you certainly shouldn't be running for president. Good call, Ventura.

April 2, 2008 11:34 am at 11:34 am |
  18. Donald S.

A slow news day CNN?

April 2, 2008 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  19. David

Hey Jesse, Maybe Lou Dobbs can convince you to run for president. Any Independent to him is better than the qualified candidates we have now. But be careful, he changes his mind daily.

April 2, 2008 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  20. Will

I would vote for Jesse Ventura for President!!

April 2, 2008 11:37 am at 11:37 am |
  21. Teresa

Too Bad Jesse. It all about money which you probably don't have enough of.

April 2, 2008 11:37 am at 11:37 am |
  22. Chris from NC

Nice haircut

April 2, 2008 11:42 am at 11:42 am |
  23. Anyone but Obamination

At least he is a better choice then Obama...

April 2, 2008 11:42 am at 11:42 am |
  24. George from Minneapolis

I am from Minnesota and I can say WHAT A CLOWN. No one but the intellectually challenged should care what he thinks about politics. Now, if he was talking about wrestling them maybe he should be acknowledged.

April 2, 2008 11:44 am at 11:44 am |
  25. Sherry in Kentucky

I saw this interview with Larry King last night and he was really good. I agreed with just about everything he said. He made the other talking heads look like the spinsters they are.

April 2, 2008 11:44 am at 11:44 am |