April 2nd, 2008

Ventura is back

CNN

Watch Jesse Ventura on CNN's Larry King Live Tuesday night.

(CNN) – Former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura is back and angrier than ever at both political parties.

"I never vote Democrat or Republican," the former wrestler said on CNN's Larry King Live Tuesday night. "I will pick someone else, a libertarian on the ballot. Someone else. I will not vote for a republican or democrat. I don't do it every election - I wish they would allow none of the above on the ballot."

On his own political future, Ventura said he is not planning on running for president because of the difficulty third party candidates have in securing ballot access.

"Am I going to run? Too difficult," he said. "Because they make an independent like me jump through 50 different hoops because every state has different things you have to do to qualify to get on the ballot."

Click here to watch more highlights from the interview!

Filed under: Jesse Ventura
  1. Uncle Sam

Jesse makes a good point. Independent candidates have a very difficult time competing against the two-party establishment. This despite the fact that there are now more Independents than Democrats or Republicans.

April 2, 2008 11:45 am at 11:45 am |
  2. RJ from Texas

Jesse Ventura is an absolute idiot.

April 2, 2008 11:49 am at 11:49 am |
  3. FNJ in PA

Really he needs to go away!

OBAMA 08...OR ELSE MCCAIN!

April 2, 2008 11:50 am at 11:50 am |
  4. skyhawk

Starring in "Predator" turned out to be a pretty good poltical move! I am from Minnesota and I got a chance to shake his hand after he gave a speach @ the U of Minnesota and took a pic w/ him. What a cool guy!

April 2, 2008 11:50 am at 11:50 am |
  5. BEEN THERE...

AS A RESIDENT OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA, I CAN SAY FOR A FACT THAT THIS GUY IS A BUFOON. HIS TERM WAS A TRUE BLACK EYE TO OUR STATE.

April 2, 2008 11:51 am at 11:51 am |
  6. Change 4 America LA, CA

Wrestling is fake and so it this guy... Where do these people come from...
    Please just go away...

April 2, 2008 11:52 am at 11:52 am |
  7. Tom

He should use his time somewhere else. There is no ways that he could win. I’m not even sure how he was elected to gov. of MN before.

April 2, 2008 11:52 am at 11:52 am |
  8. Anyone but Obamination

At least he is a better choice then Obama..

April 2, 2008 11:52 am at 11:52 am |
  9. Alex H

KC – You mean like the actor Ronald Reagan who was governor of California before becoming President?

No no no, not like that... that would discredit your point!

April 2, 2008 11:53 am at 11:53 am |
  10. Karri, Minnesota

I'd vote for him, and I think he did a great job as govenor. I don't care if he was a wrestler or not. People just can't handle having the truth laid out in front of them sometimes the truth hurts and people can't handle it. I love being an independent.

April 2, 2008 11:53 am at 11:53 am |
  11. Joe Black

This is important, because?

It is a sad day for America, when political commentary from someone who faked fighting with people is considerd "insight".

While he is entitled to his opinions (as we are all), his are hardly news.

His only brush with politics was a total disaster.

April 2, 2008 11:54 am at 11:54 am |
  12. Kmp;

Better him than Nader

April 2, 2008 11:56 am at 11:56 am |
  13. D.D.

As VP Cheney would say: "So?"

April 2, 2008 11:57 am at 11:57 am |
  14. Lydia

I watched thus yesterday. Governor??? What a joke.

April 2, 2008 11:57 am at 11:57 am |
  15. AlanBTR

Yes, I remember when he ran for governor of Minnesota. His speeches were very convincing. He really sounded like he was going to bring on CHANGE. Sound familiar?

We cannot elect people because they give good speeches. We need to elect those that can bring about REAL CHANGE.

Hillary ‘08

April 2, 2008 11:58 am at 11:58 am |
  16. bob in la

Jesse needs to find a life outside politics. He sounded like an uniformed hack last night on Larry King.
    When confronted with facts he just dismissed them becuase they did not fit his rant for the evening.
    This country is not the WWF- our lives are real!

April 2, 2008 12:00 pm at 12:00 pm |
  17. strong

Jesse Ventura? What a joke.

I guess since he saw that if George Dubya could be president, then anyone could be. The world is full of dolts.

April 2, 2008 12:00 pm at 12:00 pm |
  18. Mary56

Who cares?

April 2, 2008 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |
  19. Mike

Presidential Smackdown

April 2, 2008 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |
  20. Jason

I will vote for him over the other three clowns. Heck, I'd even help out to put him on the ballot if thats what he is saying he needs.

April 2, 2008 12:04 pm at 12:04 pm |
  21. sophia nyc

Merciful heavens.

This is the political change we need. Away from these clowns.

April 2, 2008 12:05 pm at 12:05 pm |
  22. RealNewsGuy

CNN once more you have "entertained" me – now, I am going to go to a foreign new network to get some "actual" news....thanks for providing me with all your comedy and bias crap.

April 2, 2008 12:07 pm at 12:07 pm |
  23. kelly haas, moorpark, california

Atleast he's not hillary !

April 2, 2008 12:10 pm at 12:10 pm |
  24. BJ in ATL

Jesse Ventura is from Fresno.

April 2, 2008 12:11 pm at 12:11 pm |
  25. TTM

There is absolutely no way.

April 2, 2008 12:13 pm at 12:13 pm |