April 2nd, 2008

Ventura is back

CNN

Watch Jesse Ventura on CNN's Larry King Live Tuesday night.

(CNN) – Former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura is back and angrier than ever at both political parties.

"I never vote Democrat or Republican," the former wrestler said on CNN's Larry King Live Tuesday night. "I will pick someone else, a libertarian on the ballot. Someone else. I will not vote for a republican or democrat. I don't do it every election - I wish they would allow none of the above on the ballot."

On his own political future, Ventura said he is not planning on running for president because of the difficulty third party candidates have in securing ballot access.

"Am I going to run? Too difficult," he said. "Because they make an independent like me jump through 50 different hoops because every state has different things you have to do to qualify to get on the ballot."

Click here to watch more highlights from the interview!

Filed under: Jesse Ventura
  1. Delta Dave

Is this even worthy of airing. Ventura is a joke!! Please, with all the important things going on in the world, do we have to be exposed to this idiot?

April 2, 2008 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  2. Unshrub

I have been living next door to MN since before Jesse became governor. He started out great and did a good job, but he then let his personality get the better of him and he he turned his office into a freak show.

April 2, 2008 12:16 pm at 12:16 pm |
  3. Dan in Chicago

Yes, I totally agree with him. The parties are so corrupt and the system is so biased.... I'm honestly appalled by the number of people who think you shouldn't be allowed to run or recognized under a different party or as an independent. What the hell is wrong with you people?

April 2, 2008 12:18 pm at 12:18 pm |
  4. ryan

he could never be able to beat mccain, clinton, or obama even if he ran for the dems or republicans

April 2, 2008 12:18 pm at 12:18 pm |
  5. Blackwater66

I am with Jesse ! None of the above would be fine and it is too bad a 3rd party candidate cannot even get into the race for the real Americans int his country.

God Bless You !

April 2, 2008 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm |
  6. Justin, PA

I used to take this guy seriously but he lost a lot of credibility. Neither party is as bad as the other party makes them out to be. He seems too influenced by negative ads.

April 2, 2008 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm |
  7. Sue Poirier

My husband and I want Jesse Ventura to run for President. We believe he can fix the mess we're in.

April 2, 2008 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |
  8. eddie

Are you people shocked. The ultra liberals who run the democratic party have pushed us moderates out.
    These are the types that back the most liberal senator obama, just like the senator of minnesota, just like the former governor, and just like pelosi and reid.
    Vote hillary for the mainstream working american!

April 2, 2008 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  9. Davin

How dare CNN suggest that there could be a third party option. What is this supposed to be, a democracy?

April 2, 2008 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |
  10. Bill Stapp

Jesse was willing to stand up for his beliefs and he put his name on the ballot. It was a surprise when he was elected, but I doubt many of those making such negative comments have EVER put their names up for public scrutiny. The people of Minnesota were tired of the usual politics... they wanted a change. Sound familar? It is what Jesse still wants and what we really need.

April 2, 2008 12:26 pm at 12:26 pm |
  11. kp

I think if we put nun of the above on the ballot, we will violate the division between church and state.

April 2, 2008 12:26 pm at 12:26 pm |
  12. DLF

I watched the video and I am proud of Jesse Ventura for telling it LIKE IT IS!!! I said WOW!

I am sure that the Republican and Democrat sheep will call him negative names and all but just the same there is someone who has some real sense in this nation.

Jesse doesn't just talk the talk, he walks the walk! Hear what he said about using solar energy for electricity?

I wish I was able to do that!

April 2, 2008 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |
  13. Vick

whos this guys....please dont waste your time and website space for these people.

April 2, 2008 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |
  14. Dear CNN

Is your informatipn relative to the election reliable?

April 2, 2008 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  15. After further review,Texas

Time to read the Drudge report.

April 2, 2008 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  16. dave

"I wish they would allow none of the above on the ballot"

Seriously? It's called not voting.

April 2, 2008 12:31 pm at 12:31 pm |
  17. DrFill

Better than Nader
    DrFill

April 2, 2008 12:33 pm at 12:33 pm |
  18. Max Goldblatt

I take what Mr. said to heart, what he says makes sense, he is a straight shooter and in my eyes a great american.

April 2, 2008 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  19. jason

Objection, your honor!

relevance?

April 2, 2008 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  20. RG from MA

This waste of prime news space is outrageous! He was on Larry King last night and I was wondering to myself what on earth was CNN thinking?

April 2, 2008 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  21. Cathy

Are You Kidding Me?? We've already lost the respect of the world community now. Guess their having another good laugh.

April 2, 2008 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  22. jamaster

I thought he made some good points which surprised me considering he used to be a wrestler. He sounds like a frustrated and angry individual and he has every right to be considering the way politics is run nowadays.

April 2, 2008 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  23. bryen

Bring back ACE VENTURA!!! (Not Jesse Ventura)

April 2, 2008 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  24. Praetorian, Fort Myers

His values are right on!!
    We desperately need a third party in this country.
    There is no moderate voice–on the extreme left and the extreme right–and neither are what's best for the nation.

Where's Ross Perot!!

April 2, 2008 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  25. Edgar - Orlando, Florida

Down here not a lot of people will be voting for Obama....from my end no Hillary then hello President McCain.

April 2, 2008 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |