April 2nd, 2008

Visibly annoyed, Obama refuses to pose for picture

CNN

Watch a man repeatedly asks Obama to pose for a photograph.

PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania (CNN) - A visibly annoyed Barack Obama gave a flat-out "no" Wednesday to a rather persistent man who approached the Illinois senator numerous times throughout morning asking to pose for a photograph with him.

The campaign claims the man was seeking to sell items on eBay, the online auction site.

"They wanted a picture to authenticate the signatures," said spokeswoman Jen Psaki. "They were first at the Senator's hotel and tried to get in front of third graders who were lined up to see Senator Obama."

In the e-mailed statement, Psaki continued, "After being disruptive the police moved them to the sidewalk. They then followed the motorcade to the second stop at the market and continued to push for a picture to authenticate whatever they could get signed."

(Full back-and-forth from the pool report after the jump)

Run-in #1: outside a shop, on the way in
Man: Senator can I have a quick picture with you
Man: It will take you two seconds. Don't cram me, I'm not doing anything to anybody. Jesus.

Run-in #2: after the shop
Man: "Senator can I get a picture with you?"
Obama: (slightly annoyed) "You are wearing me out, brother."
Man: "I got one with [Clinton] and I got one with McCain, come on Senator that's not right."

Run in #3: in the street
Man: "Senator, can I please, a quick one?
Obama: (very annoyed) No, you know what? no.
Man: Can I just say something to you real fast.
Obama: Yeah you can.
Man: I had one with [Clinton], had one with Senator McCain
Obama: I am sure you do. Because when I was trying to talk to some kids - and I know, look –

Man: No, my wife is a school teacher and she was there, she had to go back and that wasn't right what wont you just take a picture with me, I'm not asking you for a autograph, it's for my family.

Obama: Yeah well, whatever. Just take it. I won't be smiling. Because you're wearing me out. ..No no, you've been really rude about it. Just take a shot.

Obama and the man did not take a shot, the man was still arguing and the secret service stepped in (non confrontationally), just putting a hand between him and Obama.

Secret Service: That's it.
Man: No I'm good. All I want is a picture, that's it.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Patriot

Was it anyone important that wanted the picture with Obama?

April 2, 2008 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  2. honkey white guy from cali

someone paid over a grad last week for a corn flake on ebay! this people are all nut jobs

April 2, 2008 07:52 pm at 7:52 pm |
  3. AZ Rep

Fore heavens sake protect Obama, we need him to be the candidate of the leftist Democrats. Hillary will be harder to beat.

April 2, 2008 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  4. Hillary 08

sad just sad

April 2, 2008 07:59 pm at 7:59 pm |
  5. Chrissy, Texas

Talk about unity. Obama is a scumbag! Hillary 08' (If all you Obama supporters think that if he is the nominee Hillary supporters will flock to his side, you are mistaken. After the way she has been villafied by the media, Obama, his campaign and his supporters our votes will go to McCain!)

April 2, 2008 08:01 pm at 8:01 pm |
  6. Max

I can't believe all the Obama haters posting up lame spam here in cnn.
    Go do some research before you criticize his decisions.

Go Barack!

April 2, 2008 08:02 pm at 8:02 pm |
  7. An American in Canada

SKYLARK

WE ARE REAL, AND WE RECOGNIZE THE REAL THING WHEN WE SEE IT...

THE REAL DEAL IS HILLARY R. CLINTON PRESIDENT 2009-2012

SKYLARD, DON'T YOU EVER DOUBE HER SUPPORTERS, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE ARE LOYAL AND WE INTEND TO WIN BY SEEING HER ELECTED AS OUR PRESIDENT....

YOU ARE HOWEVER, WELCOMED TO JOIN US (SMILE)

April 2, 2008 08:04 pm at 8:04 pm |