April 3rd, 2008

Campaigns hit the airwaves with an economic pitch

Clinton is on the air in North Carolina.
Clinton is on the air in North Carolina.

Hillary Clinton will be going on the air in North Carolina tomorrow with a 60-second ad, "Ask Me," that makes an economic pitch. The ad is her first in the state.

Barack Obama's latest spot that focuses on the middle-class squeeze - "For Decades" - hit the air in Pennsylvania today. The 30-second ad debuted in Indiana last week, and is already on the air in North Carolina.

(Full Clinton script after the jump)

Hillary Clinton:
Hi, if you are looking for a typical political commercial, switch the channel.
This isn't a typical election, and these are not typical times.
The economy is reeling and as I talk with people across North Carolina, I hear about the crushing cost of healthcare from Winston-Salem to Fayetteville.
I hear stories about families going into debt to send their children to college.
Military families from Fort Bragg tell me their deep concerns about how we're treating our veterans.
Teachers and parents tell me that No Child Left Behind just isn't working.
And everywhere, North Carolinians tell me the middle class is just getting slammed.
I want to hear from you.
Because this election isn't about me, it is about you.
So let's have a conversation.
Just go to http://www.NCAskMe.com, log in and speak up.
And then I'll be getting back to you here on TV to answer your questions and offer some solutions.
Thanks.
It's nice talking with you.

I'm Hillary Clinton and I approve this message.

Filed under: Ads • Candidate Barack Obama • Hillary Clinton
  1. Phillip Bunn

As a native North Carolinian I wish Hillary would stay the hell out of our state. She counld't care less about North Carolina, other than needing our support. Every state has an acceptable amount of political liars that infilterate the social system and have to be dealt with on a regular basis; we don't need any outside help. We have already had to suffer through three visits by Bill and "Little Clinton," now big mama has to come along and add to the mounting mess.

April 3, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  2. Wake up

Obma should explain why he told american voters that he against NAFT and in the close door tell Canadian government that is only for election politics. Is he truly care american people and american ecnomics or just care his power thirst abition?

April 3, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  3. Christi

If you are voting for Hillary Clinton, you are not paying attention. Nafta, Bosnia, Walmart, Monsanto, Peter Paul, campaign finances, come on people wake up, she is not the right woman for the job.

April 3, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  4. Luke Brown, Charleston SC

Dear Pennsylvania:

I love Hillary. I am sure she'd be a wonderful president ... but the nomination is going to Barack. The numbers are with him. It's a delegate race now and he is increasing his lead among those delegates everyday.

For the sake of the country and the party, don't let this thing drag out. The longer it lasts, the greater the chances of a third Bush term.

April 3, 2008 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  5. Tex

Hillary (her campaign) cannot raise enough money to pay her bills and is known as a "deadbeat." This doesn't look right for someone tauting her so-called economic prowess. A case of the old "do as I say , not as I do."

April 3, 2008 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  6. J. McKinney, PA

. . . . .N. A. F. T. A.

April 3, 2008 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  7. Pity

like, ok, its a story about a video, and I know the intertubes are quite advanced in this regard as well, so why don't you post clips of the actual video?

April 3, 2008 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  8. Michael, North Carolina

It is pretty much a given that North Carolina is for Sen. Obama. It does not matter how many T.V. ads Sen. Clinton runs here in the state. Sen. Obama has a 18 point lead here in the Tar Heel State. 56% to 36%. So I do not see her moving the polls that much by May 6. I do not think it will be enough for her to get a win here in the great state of North Carolina.

THIS IS OBAMA COUNTRY!

YES WE CAN
    OBAMA/EDWARDS '08

April 3, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  9. Ken

I believe that Hillary Clinton is the very best person to become our next president. She has the talent, skills, knowledge and experience to start making the changes that she is wanting to do, on the first day in office.

Obama DOES NOT have the skills, talent, knowledge nor the experience to do so. He is only a "Pied Piper" with a following of very blind people that see in him as their leader. WHAT A JOKE!

WAKE UP AMERICA! Let us ALL get behind Hillary Clinton and push her over the finish line. She needs our help, so let's get going so that she will BEAT McCain in November and onto becoming our NEXT PRESIDENT!

April 3, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  10. pam Eugene OR

Go Home Hillary!

April 3, 2008 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  11. D.W.; Miami, FL

GASP!!! No disparaging remarks about Obama? A focus on the issues? Now this is a late April Fool's joke.

April 3, 2008 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  12. Common Sense

That is a weak ad.

April 3, 2008 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |
  13. Frank

go Hillary go!!! do not stop until the last vote is counted. Continue to push for a re-vote in Florida and Michigan. This must happen or the Demo's will loose my vote.

If Obama wins, I will only vote for him if Florida and Michigan have a re-vote and if the Superdelegates vote freely their conscience on who think believe will be the best President. If this does not happen I will vote McCain. I do not want to see another 2000 debacle.

April 3, 2008 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  14. Pho

Who in their right mind would be "looking for a typical political commercial'? What is wrong with her?

Obama is a once in a lifetime phenomenon Billary and too bad that lifetime is yours.

April 3, 2008 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |
  15. Rick

If you people want to see how to handle the economy then watch Hillary on Mad Money. The video is available online. I'd like to see Obama get grilled like that and come up with great answers off the top of his head. She has a full understanding of our past and future. It was very nice to see some intelligent discussion of issues rather than someone preaching to me.

BTW.....Hillary has paid all of her bills. Talk about a misunderstanding. She was late (not her fault) and has rectified the situation.

Obama has outspent her 4 to 1 and the race is still this close. Are we going to allow him to BUY the nomination?

April 3, 2008 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |