April 3rd, 2008

Clinton raises $20 million in March

(CNN) - Six hours after senior advisers to Hillary Clinton told reporters her March fundraising total would not be released until later this month, campaign sources tell CNN her campaign raised $20 million during that time period - about half of what rival Barack Obama took in for the month.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. GARTH

TO ALL THE PENNSYLVANIA VOTERS.

Please don't be fooled by Sen. Clinton! She is staying in this race to try to get more donations, in order for her to pay off her outstanding debts.

Sen Clinton cannot pay her debts. Overdue payments include even the small creditors and campaigners. Now that she has collected $20million in donations for the month of March, I hope that she will be able to pay some overdue bills, she did not spend a lot in advertising in PA so where is the money going?

April 3, 2008 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  2. Democrat

Obama cannot buy this election. If I were him I would be ashamed that I am robbing average Americans of precious dollars in a time of economic crisis. Enough of this fundraising madness!!! Let the people vote on the issues they believe in instead of brainwashing them with nonstop TV ads and asking them for money 10 times a day. For the past few weeks I get 10 emails from the Obama camp. My husband is unemployed and he wants me to donate to his "movement'? From what I see he seems to have enough. I thought Obama wants to the change the campaign finance laws. I am so disapointed on the guy that if he becomes the nominee I will vote McCain this year.

April 3, 2008 06:47 pm at 6:47 pm |
  3. jennifer

Someone said that Barack is half the man that Hillary is.
    I say that's true when I look at her in her pants suit (LOL)

April 3, 2008 06:57 pm at 6:57 pm |
  4. NO JOKE

HEY! It isn't over till my vote gets counted.
    Hillary for President!

April 3, 2008 07:08 pm at 7:08 pm |
  5. lois

For Obama to be outspending her the way he is and Hillary keeping neck and neck is amazing.

April 3, 2008 07:09 pm at 7:09 pm |
  6. From PA

DId you know Barack did not release in his real tax returns

....google it, you will learn something

April 3, 2008 07:16 pm at 7:16 pm |
  7. gabriel

interesting campaign for the democrats
    money raised is what should determine the winner?

keep it up and play into John McCain campaign,

So much for the campaign for change ..............sounds like the same old political game at play.......

April 3, 2008 07:24 pm at 7:24 pm |
  8. Smart

I gues the Clinton adviser who said we should hang on for the next 2 weeks for this figure 'MISSPOKE'.

AS USUAL!!!

April 3, 2008 07:25 pm at 7:25 pm |
  9. ALBO

REALLY, THE disorganized Clinton campaign is a major argument
    not to consider her for President.

I do not know what criteria she used to select her staff, but it seems
    that the main criteria were Friendship and Gender, instead qualification.

This here is a typical example. Some staffers though that it would be
    harmful to admit that she was not able to raise more tan 50% as OBAMA, then saw the reaction of the Media as there was no explanation of the release delay other than bad news and then, probably other staffers or herself decided to release the amont.

PROBABLY THE DELAY OF THE TAX RETURNS HAS THE SAME
    EXPLANATION< MEANING BAD DISCLOSURES !!

ALBO

April 3, 2008 07:25 pm at 7:25 pm |
  10. jp

she can always use the money that her husband got from unnamed sources. let's see the tax return, hiding it is worse than showing it, ok, maybe not. well, any way, the penn voters are not going to know before the primary, just like the ohio voters didn't know her lobbying for nafta before its primary.

April 3, 2008 07:33 pm at 7:33 pm |
  11. DM

CYP- Hillary is pro a womens right to choose abortion. That's part of the Democratic platform. Many people believe life begins at conception so that would make Hillary as bad as Obama or any democrat!

April 3, 2008 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  12. M

you pople are quite disgusting, Ive never been ashamed to be a democrat until seeing some of the trash you obama supporters comes up with, in short come off it because realtiy is going to smack you in the face when myself and million of other democrats refuse to vote for him.

April 3, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  13. J T

maybe hill aint raising enough money cause of all the SCARE TACTICS shes using during her campaign speeches, shes probably scaring her donors away, COME ON PEOPLE!! READ THE NEWSPAPER ARTICLES (the newspapers arent pro-bama by the way)

April 3, 2008 08:25 pm at 8:25 pm |