(CNN) - Clinton releases years of tax returns and CNN's Brian Todd gives you the highlights, in the latest edition of CNN=Politics Daily.
Also, the presidential candidates mark the 40th anniversary of Martin Luther King's death. CNN's Candy Crowley reports on how Clinton and Obama spent the day while Sean Callebs tracks McCain.
Bill Schneider takes a look at the latest poll numbers on the economy and analyzes how they may affect the presidential race.
Finally, a podcast exclusive: CNN's Jennifer Mikell brings you the week's most memorable moments on the campaign trail.
Click here to subscribe to CNN=Politics Daily
OBAMA LOST HIS ELECTION UN 2000,
HOW IN 7 YEARS?
did this man come from out of nooooooooooowhere?????
vet the obama family( old uncle rev. wright) as much as you have the clintons.
only the clintons gave us good lives for 8 out of the last30 years and you all turn on them like this...
november is gonna be a doozy.
missouri mccain08 reagan democrat(remember us)
I hope you bring out this Mark Penn back door meeting as loud as you reported Obamas NAFTA GAFF!!
Fair is fair CNN!
Clearly some people who have responded here cannot read. The vast majority of income was from sales of their books and Bill Clinton's speeches. Funny how it's ok for movie stars to make that much money for one movie, or rock bands to earn that on concert tours, but darn those Clinton's for selling books. Of course those who failed to read also failed to see that they paid over 30 million in taxes, while the average tax paid by others in that bracket is about 20 million. So they did not dodge taxes the way many of the high income earners do. And giving 10 million to charities on top of that tax bite added up to about half their income. I guess when you are a Clinton hater you can;t read past $109 million dollars, because the details and the facts are not important to you.
So you're going in the wrong direction, and you choose to go backwards, hoping you will meet yourself coming back, from going forewards. and then you can cut; middle for diddle...
I should know, for i'm an expert at playing Catch Up... See you soon in 1959....
Well, Hillary thanks for adhering to the pressure to release the tax returns from 2000 to 2006. Now you must become transparent in that you explain to the public what did your husband do to earn that money in detail, explain the foriegn speeches and what the speeches were about in earning money from foriegn Entities LAY IT OUT!!! Again for once become transparent. Donot joke to sluff it all off as you have been joking to sluff off the lie you told about the Bosnia issue. Obama 08.
Pastor Wright, Farrakahn, and tony Rezko, plus Michelle Obama's comments will stop Obama!
Please tell me about it!! 109 million in 8 years?, I thought the US president makes about 300,000 dollars a year, if Sen clinton also made 300,000 during his husbands tenure, 600,000 * 8 is barely 4.8 million, Now the 2 question for Clinton to answer is, How much of public speeches or book publictions can make up for the rest funds?, 2. How much manipulation has been done since the pressure to release the tax return came up?.
I am not buying this facts hillary, its not a very good idea to do so!
It is good that the Clinton's released their tax returns. Some pundits exclaim how wonderful it is that they donated 10 percent of their earnings to charity. I'm not so impressed. Ten percent of their earnings leave them more money than most Americans will earn in a lifetime. It is so sad that many Americans who tithe are left with so much less, but their charitable donations mean so much more. Remember the Widow's mite?
Then there is Senator Clinton's dramatic remembering how devastated she felt upon learning of MLK's death. I don't challenge that she felt this way. I truly believe she admired Dr. King's contributions to our country, but somehow - after her other personality changes throughout her campaign - the way she stated this seemed artificial.
The same day that Hillary shows us her tax income, where she and Bill have 109,000,000. She comes out with a Poverty Czar.
Hillary is so slick because she thinks she is so smart, and we are all so stupid. She is what gives politicians a bad name.
Come on go Obama 08 "Real change you can believe in!"
Everyone should be happy now that they know all of the Clintons tax records. Thank God they are making that much money, could you imagine how the press would crucify them if they weren't. They would be labled losers, just like everytime Obama's big money friends donate more to him than Clinton recieves in donations. I finally get the media's bias toward Obama now that Rupert Murdocks daughter is giving a big fund raiser for Obama.
Barack has already changed America. The awful truth is nobody (whites, blacks, hispanics, etc) thought that he could win. He woke us up and made us realize we are better than the status quo. I admire him for that, and someday the world will realize how much he has changed all of us.
Politics will never be the same, he has already broken the mold.
Why aren't we talking about sexism more? It seems to me that more people are comfortable with thinking/declaring that a woman ought not to be president for stereotypical reasons that they should be ashamed to admit having.
Why are so many so forgiving of this type of discrimination? People think that they can just voice this ignorance out loud. We need to yell "sexist!" as loud as "racist!"
It seems to me that women have a larger battle in the "ism" category than any of us would like to focus on. I can't think of one friend of mine who wouldn't agree that racism is absolutely horrible but I can think of a few of my friends who would think it is ok to say women don't belong in one job or another based on their sex.
I wish someone in the press would consider the topic relevant and stand up for women and rage against the overt sexism that we all seem to be so comfortable with.
1. Anderson is obviously bias and is an Obama cheerleader. I am disappointed Anderson Cooper.
2. Candy (I think this is her name, one of Anderson's commentators) seems to be a very smart lady, don't fall into the pressure to become a media bias person.
3. Clinton has been basically, spit on, kicked, stomped on, insulted, criticized, mocked, and crucified by CNN, Fox, Potus 08, and especially MSNBC and she's got more money than any of these pupits, commentators, anaylist, and especially Dick Morris who totally hates Hillary and are there to make the money for the Media big boys who are supporting Obama–opps except Fox because it's obvious they are Rebublican. She also has been robbed to fairness of what good she does, you know, she may not seem to be such a great speaker but her speeches require you to listen to what she saying and not just hear what she's saying–there is a big difference. She's got substance to what she says. Sorry, got off track, however, she's got more money and yet she's willing to go through all of this to help this Country and the citizens of it. Go Hillary!!
4. This is the first time I have paid so much attention to the Presidency and in regards to Hanity, Bill O, Anderson, Olberman, Larry King and others I just think it's interesting to watch them use their "Intellect" in action and think that the people in this Country can't see right through it all–The people of this Country are smart, astute and very sensitive and observant to what the Media is doing and the insult towards them by thinking that you can fool them–your wrong.
5. The media should be there to keep their bias off the air and inform the people of the even facts and not to sway the election to their direction. The media who should report NEWS, is more like a female gossip show, reality show and good old boys club reality show. They are there to show off their creative word games and bias–this is too sad because we used to trust and rely on the media to be truly fair and honest in their reporting so the people of this Country who can't get the information from somewhere could get it from them.
Here's how it all plays out::
1. Angry, sexist white men inexplicably threatened by Hillary (read the DailyKos) win the Democratic nomination for Obama;
2. Disgruntled and disenfranchised Democratic women tip the hat for McCain in the general election. And he wins.
We all know it.
The truth about all the scams run by the political mafia operating in Illinois is only coming out now because of Rezko's corruption trial, and if the Democrats want to lose any chance of winning the White House, all they have to do is nominate Obama.
This case is only the first of what could be many to go to trial. Other criminal charges are pending against several people listed in the indictment, and civil lawsuits have been filed against many of the same people and are awaiting the outcome of the criminal cases.
If Obama had an ounce of respect for Democratic voters, he'd drop out of the race before the details of the corruption in Illinois spread to the rest of the country. If the leaders of the Democratic party had a lick of sense, they would inform Obama right now that under no circumstances will his name be on the ballot come fall.
Cnn nothing but negitive about Hillary, who's bussiness is it about the Clinton Library, he's not running for office? Did you notice how much they gave to charity? Obama gave so little, he could have kept his! Michelle, where is yours???? Why must we wait so long to see you papers, until NOVEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, how long was it!LOL
I wonder if all the people who raised money for Hillary when she had to borrow 5 million from herself feel a little silly now? The more money she raises from blue collar tax payers the more she has of her own spend on anything she wants. She really understands our pitiful situation. ...Right ?