April 4th, 2008

CNN=Politics Daily

CNN=Politics Daily is The Best Political Podcast from the Best Political Team.

CNN=Politics Daily is The Best Political Podcast from the Best Political Team.

(CNN) - Clinton releases years of tax returns and CNN's Brian Todd gives you the highlights, in the latest edition of CNN=Politics Daily.

Also, the presidential candidates mark the 40th anniversary of Martin Luther King's death. CNN's Candy Crowley reports on how Clinton and Obama spent the day while Sean Callebs tracks McCain.

Bill Schneider takes a look at the latest poll numbers on the economy and analyzes how they may affect the presidential race.

Finally, a podcast exclusive: CNN's Jennifer Mikell brings you the week's most memorable moments on the campaign trail.

Click here to subscribe to CNN=Politics Daily

Filed under: CNN=Politics Daily
  1. Wes

Who cares. Seems like there are a lot of jealous people who just wanted to see Clintons tax returns just to stir up trouble and complain. When Obama get as big as Clinton he will be making that kind of money too. Obama knew that this would get more jealous people hating Clinton and that's why he pushed her to release them.

April 4, 2008 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  2. Paul Lennon

Now I know why old Barack wants to be president so bad.

April 4, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  3. da

You media people espcially CNN and MSNBC are digusting and idiotic to believe that the average American is falling for your BULL SH_T of what you think is clever in trying to manipulate (AT LEAST YOUR WHITE VEIWERS) that you honestly think that BO is a better canidate for President than Hillary. I truely CAN NOT understand what your purpose is, I hope it is not SEXISM , but yet I see these STUIPID women on these shows who try to imitate the STUPID men. I just don't get it????? All I can say is be FAIR, so far it has NOT happened.

April 4, 2008 09:22 pm at 9:22 pm |
  4. da

I LOVE OBAMA HE IS THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO AMERICA I PRAY TO HIM ALWAYS>

April 4, 2008 09:38 pm at 9:38 pm |
  5. Brian

Please stop trying to keep Hillary in the race CNN. You know better than anyone else that she has no chance of winning. I know a "tight" race gives you better ratings, but please stop compromising your journalistic integrity with your pro-Hillary coverage, Clinton News Network.

By the way, for all you Hillbots wondering when Obama will release his tax returns, why don't you try sometime in the PAST, since he's released his returns a long while ago. But of course. Hillary has trained her followers well to disregard the truth in favor of the fantasy world where someone worth $109 million knows what poverty is and a First Lady knows how to fix all the worlds problems, including dodging invisible sniper fire.

April 4, 2008 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  6. Eugene

First in respect to Sentor Obama not being in Memphis today. I believe Sentors Clinton and McCain where only there to get on TV. Their appearences were fake, and Clinton spent most of her time giving what sounded like a stump speach.

Furthermore, with regard to CNN's conversation with Black America, I watched it all day and only saw one real black person interviewed. If your going to talk to Black America, then talk to Black Americans, and not talk show host and politicians. When we talk about race in this country one of the thing White America needs to know is that a lot of the Blacks s you put on Television don't represent us, they are what called safe negros. The one's who look more white than black and have never had a Black History course in their lives, and every time an issue regarding black America comes up their put on television to represent black Americans that's a joke.

Just about every Black person Iv'e seen on television were either Women or someone so light skinned you have to give them a D&A test to see if they have any black in them. This is one of the unspoken parts of racism in this country no one talks about. How when big business hires the safe negro, when they want to fill their quotas

April 4, 2008 09:55 pm at 9:55 pm |
  7. Anonymous

most people that post here at cnn are idiots. they don't know the facts and they spout off like the comedian Rush Limbaugh. You people need to grow up or shut up. that goes for Clinton and Obama supporters.

Obama 08

April 4, 2008 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  8. Marie Comer

Whatever Hillary, Bill, or Chelsea do, it is never right, nor enough. Wake up people!! Hillary will win the nomination because she is the better candidate and she will beat McCain in November. So many people on these blogs need to take English 101 and learn to spell and use proper punctuation!! Grow up!!

April 4, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  9. Michael Sawyer, Cincinnati, Ohio

As I have been reading these blogs for several weeks now, I am amazed at all the anger and venom that these women are throwing out in defense of HRC. I considered myself to be an average and fair minded person, but I am astonished by the things in HRC's campaign that they have been trying to defend. I have always believed that all people are equal, which includes men and women, but the hate and denial I see coming from them is unbelievable. They have defended some of the most outrageous campaign tactics, and then tried to turn it around and blame it on the opposition because they are not winning. This is not a war of men against women, it's a nomination for a presidential candidate. It's like forget all the rules that we agreed to in the beginning. They have adapted HRC's win at all cost policy, irregardless of what happens to the DNC.

April 4, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  10. Jose Card - Independent

Speaking fees of a ridiculous amount can be a legal form of political donations in disguise. Who were the donors to the Clinton Library?

Worse yet, if the money injected into our political campaigns is of foreign origins. I would rather have Romney or Bloomberg buy the presidency than having some foreign country buy themselves an American presidency.

Hillary released her tax returns on a Friday afternoon.
    Is she a Republican in Democrat pant suits?
    It's perfectly fine to be either, but she should first decide on running against either McCain or Obama.

April 4, 2008 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  11. Rudy

“Don’t blame the players, blame the game” This gives me a perfect reason to vote for OBAMA who can get rid of the Game in Washington.

OBAMA 2008 !!!!

April 4, 2008 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  12. Kaywood Hopkins

If the Clinton's made a 109$ million bucks why do they need the presidency? Why not give another person a chance?

Oh and Hillary, can I borrow like um, like a couple hundred thousand? I am about to loose my house.

Thanks!

April 4, 2008 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm |
  13. Ed K.

I would love to know where Bill's poll numbers come from. Most have to be from Mississippi and South Carolina.

April 4, 2008 10:20 pm at 10:20 pm |
  14. Jose Card - Independent

Mark Penn had to have permission from Hillary before he met with the Columbians. Is this her way of getting more Hispanic votes? He should be busy enough in this tight race. Why would he have spare time to chat with the Columbians without a purpose? Penn is too smart for it.

April 4, 2008 10:20 pm at 10:20 pm |
  15. WISDOM

Wow! $109 Million...

Now, should we really care for her charitable donation of $10 million out of $109 million? I'd rather donate $90 million if I make $109 million in six years. I guess that's why I'm still poor....LOL...

April 4, 2008 10:22 pm at 10:22 pm |
  16. North Carolina

She said she would release her tax returns and she did. She has already released more than any other candidate. She pays more than the mean in taxes for her income bracket. She donated almost 10% of her income to charity. No doubt you'll find something to complain about, CNN/ O-bots. You couldn't just admit you've engaged in another baseless attack: hell might freeze over.

April 4, 2008 10:23 pm at 10:23 pm |
  17. ROLAND TERRELL

GOOD FOR THEM. THEY ARE SMART, WORK HARD AND CREATIVE IS WHAT THE REPUBLICANS WOULD SAY. AS A DEMOCRAT I WELCOME IT.

April 4, 2008 10:25 pm at 10:25 pm |
  18. JoAnn Aler

CNN has reported income made, taxes paid and charitable contributions for the Clintons during the last 6years. How come CNN only reported this data for last year (2006) for Obama and McCain? Isn't this data available for the last 6 years for Obama and McCain? I think I read an article a week ago concerning Obama's tax returns in the Fort Worth Star Telegram.

April 4, 2008 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  19. Twigster

OK, now its time to whip out those credit cards, Hillary supporters and fund that dying campaign...because they're....out of money??? But that's OK, you can afford it.

April 4, 2008 10:30 pm at 10:30 pm |
  20. Sam

So where is Obamas tax return history for the past ten years? I want to know what he made, like we know what the Clinton's made!! Make it Publick Obama!!!

April 4, 2008 10:36 pm at 10:36 pm |
  21. Pamela

I some level of respect John McCain's honesty in admitting he should not have opposed King Holiday in Arizona. IT'S GREAT when we re-evaluate decisions we make by asking ourselves...what place is this coming from? John owned up today. now, own up to the failed US policies in Iraq. The crowd's booing was not called for. Hillary on the other hand made me run for a selzer. How hypocritical. Was THIS story made up -Hill? Such a FAKE. Talk about split personality. As for Obama , he gave a great speach on race relations a month ago and today.

April 4, 2008 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  22. Yes, DM again Arlington, TX

It don't matter if there not right. Their still hidding the true money orgins. The Clinton's think we're stupid. They are not telling the truth.....

April 4, 2008 10:44 pm at 10:44 pm |
  23. aliou salam, Jacksonville FL

She should just endorse obama. I am a fan of her but I think she is the raph nader of 08. She is stealing time from our candidate. Time which McCaine is using to prepare to fight our party for the presidency.

April 4, 2008 10:49 pm at 10:49 pm |
  24. Tax man

If I a reading the fine print correctly the income in the last reported year included $2.5 million frm foreign sources. that hasn't been itemized–just says it's from "Canada/miscellaneous jurisdictions." what might this be? And how much is being deferred off shore?

April 4, 2008 10:50 pm at 10:50 pm |
  25. margie - michigan

CNN is as bad as MSNBC. Why is it that everyone is so against Senator Clinton? This is my last day of watching ANY NETWORK news programs. Shame on you all!

April 4, 2008 11:02 pm at 11:02 pm |