April 7th, 2008

Clinton predicts more 'twists and turns'

Clinton campaigned in Montana Sunday.
Clinton campaigned in Montana Sunday.

MISSOULA, Montana (CNN) – Hillary Clinton on Sunday predicted “more twists and turns” in the primary battle with Barack Obama during a campaign event in Montana - one of the last two states to weigh in on the Democratic presidential race on June 3.

At a town hall meeting in Missoula, the senator from New York said the race is so close that “we don’t know how it is going to turn out.”

"This campaign has been exciting and incredibly energizing - for people all across the country - and I believe with all my heart that it is good for the Democratic Party to give the people of Montana a chance to vote in June, to have your vote counted and your voices heard," she also said.

While listing her credentials to be president, Clinton also said people vote for different reasons, including how a person looks or their hairstyle.

"And that is another difference, you know how long it takes me to get ready than my two opponents - I mean really just think about it," she joked. "I think I should get points for working as hard as I do plus the time it takes to get ready."

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Joe Green

Twists and Turns – this is code for Hillary's "April Surprise".

I wonder what she has in mind for Obama?

Something nasty, no doubt.

April 6, 2008 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  2. cathy

So now that our so called experience claims are being debunked, we are going on grooming habits??? I think this campaign has become as big a joke to Hillary as it has to the rest of us. I am counting the days until July.

April 6, 2008 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  3. Isaac

The only people who "don't know how this is all going to turn out" are the ones that are in denial.

April 6, 2008 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  4. JacknJill

Hillary, do our country a favor.
    Just stop with this crap of how wonderful you are.
    You are downplaying what's truly important here and making the voters sound like junior high girls in a popularity contest.

We do not care how long it takes you or anyone else to "get ready".
    We DO care that you lie to make yourself seem better than you are or make the country seem worse than it is.

We need a HOPEFUL President, not a lying President.

April 6, 2008 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  5. Crystal Shaw

Booooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

April 6, 2008 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  6. jl

................MORE TWIST AND TURNS= CODE WORD FOR........................

WATCH OUT I AM ABOUT TO THROW ANOTHER KITCHEN SINK

AND HOPE THAT MY LIES WORK LIKE THEY DID IN OHIO.

April 6, 2008 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |
  7. Marie in California

I watched most of Hillary's town hall meeting this morning from Missoula. She's still going strong, still concisely defining problems, still offering solid solutions.....and, I'm glad to say, still keeping her sense of humor.

No Obamination in the Presidency!

Hillary or McCain – 2008

April 6, 2008 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  8. joe

im sure obama people will make a racial remark as they are doing allthrough the campaign to keep the media covering up for obamathey should be ashamed

April 6, 2008 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  9. daniel dbe

lame! OBAMA 08

April 6, 2008 04:57 pm at 4:57 pm |
  10. Lorraine

"While listing her credentials to be president, Clinton also said people vote for different reason"

WHAT credentials could she possible stll be speaking of, as they have all been proven to be fabricated???

April 6, 2008 04:57 pm at 4:57 pm |
  11. Jonah

I predict more lies from the Clinton campaign!

April 6, 2008 04:57 pm at 4:57 pm |
  12. daniel dbe

PLAYING THE GENDER CARD AGAIN HUH?

April 6, 2008 04:57 pm at 4:57 pm |
  13. maya

“ I am still trying to…understand what he (Obama) has done for the country beyond his middle-of-the-road political moves to make his name known and to steer clear of hot-button issues. The Rev. Martin Luther King had a dream, too. But he acted on it. He went to jail, he marched, he led.” –Helen Thomas 4/6/08

April 6, 2008 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  14. O My!

Now you want people to vote for you because it takes you longer to get ready than your opponents. I guess after you answer the phone at 3 am we're going to have to wait until 5 am before you act so you can get ready. No thanks!

Yes We Can!!

Obama '08

April 6, 2008 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  15. Jesse

~

Another Clinton lie!

Another bad decision on day 0

Hillary can't get her story straight and can't keep lying to people and exaggerating her experience

She can't be honest and say, "Yes, I voted for the war." ... which she did.

All her experience can be summed up as the wife of the president!

And if you think she is so experienced then Chelsea should be the governor of some state???

Wake up people.

Ps watch out for those snipers LOL

April 6, 2008 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  16. james

I think that you should lose points for saying that Hillary. It looks like you just get out of bed and throw something on. Maybe yu should stop those 3am phone calls... they are for Bill anyway.

April 6, 2008 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |
  17. bakersfield

she will win penn. by 12% and then 3 days before n.carolina john edwards will endorse her and she will win n.carolina she will win out then.

April 6, 2008 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |
  18. Djools from the Netherlands

She is pointing to the nuclear option. One week before Pa. her campaign will launch it.

April 6, 2008 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |
  19. Grif

Were these really the Comments of Hillary? Twist? Or the Twit who wrote this piece. There was no mention of a certain word in the Heading... Is this how the Media "Twist" other statments they say Hillary made.... Who pays you're wages Mr?? You're over Paid, and over experienced.... You should be employed by NASA, Bon Voyage...
    Mar' s next stop....

April 6, 2008 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  20. Dean from Maine

Yeah, more TWISTing of the truth in order to TURN out votes. Good joke though.

April 6, 2008 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  21. Karen Branson,MO

This is getting so tiring. Aren't people tired of hearing Hillary changing her story and her views yet? As time goes on, Hillary just keeps getting harder and harder to listen to, or BELIEVE for that matter.

I'm tired and tourist season begins even with high gas prices...much more fun. I'll just wait and see what June brings.

Have a great summer!

April 6, 2008 05:02 pm at 5:02 pm |
  22. Independent

You get point for every lie you have told, and tried to get away with. I do have one question – How do you look in the mirror every day? If I were as deceiptful and you and your cronies, I would hang my head in shame! SHAME ON YOU, SENATOR CLINTON!!!!

April 6, 2008 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  23. Mike Andrews

Hey Hillary, The only time I want you to spend getting ready is getting the truth about your experience staight !
    Joke or not, I'm sick of you trotting out your gender every time the going gets rough!!!!

April 6, 2008 05:04 pm at 5:04 pm |
  24. Ken in Western NY

Oh please, give me a break !!! Of course she's going to say that it's good for the democratic party for her to stay in the race until the bitter end. And unfortunately, that's exactly what it's turning out to be – very bitter.

And the race is not so close that “we don’t know how it is going to turn out.” ... She has to win all of the remaining primaries by landslide victories, plus convince a ton of superdelegates to vote for her. As we've seen lately, more and more of the superdelegates are coming out in support of Barack Obama, as they are realizing that he truly is the best candidate – or more likely that she will not be able to beat McCain in November. Obama can beat him, though.

Go Obama!!!

April 6, 2008 05:04 pm at 5:04 pm |
  25. Gnosticman

Yes there will be twists and turns, Obama will twist and turn his way into the presidency, Clinton will twist and turn her way into defeat. I am glad Clinton is continuing to run as it will only further legitimize Obama's inevitable victory!

April 6, 2008 05:04 pm at 5:04 pm |