April 7th, 2008

Clinton predicts more 'twists and turns'

Clinton campaigned in Montana Sunday.
Clinton campaigned in Montana Sunday.

MISSOULA, Montana (CNN) – Hillary Clinton on Sunday predicted “more twists and turns” in the primary battle with Barack Obama during a campaign event in Montana - one of the last two states to weigh in on the Democratic presidential race on June 3.

At a town hall meeting in Missoula, the senator from New York said the race is so close that “we don’t know how it is going to turn out.”

"This campaign has been exciting and incredibly energizing - for people all across the country - and I believe with all my heart that it is good for the Democratic Party to give the people of Montana a chance to vote in June, to have your vote counted and your voices heard," she also said.

While listing her credentials to be president, Clinton also said people vote for different reasons, including how a person looks or their hairstyle.

"And that is another difference, you know how long it takes me to get ready than my two opponents - I mean really just think about it," she joked. "I think I should get points for working as hard as I do plus the time it takes to get ready."

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Peg

What nasty thing does she have planned now?? "Twists and Turns?"
    Hold on................................

I'm hopeful this thing will be over soon. It's wearing me out. I'm surprised so many Dems want it to play out. I think that is crazy. This is a primary....not a general election where "every vote counts!" In past primaries most potential votes never even existed. So I don't get it when Dems think this is some sort of general election process....they may end up very, very sorry.

April 6, 2008 08:42 pm at 8:42 pm |
  2. seektruth

the time she takes has nothing to do with the qualification of being commander-in-chief, if any, that could only delay respond to 3am or 3pm phone call. she will have to let go of her make up of "ego", the soon the better, for the common good of our future. Bosnia experiences and video of her support NAFT tells a lot of her portrait without make up on.

April 6, 2008 08:45 pm at 8:45 pm |
  3. Brent Christopher

Is this an issue for you Hillary? And we should vote for you because of this? This is getting too easy.

Obama
    Yes WE can

April 6, 2008 08:45 pm at 8:45 pm |
  4. wisconsin for obama

Hillary, it's what's INSIDE that counts. Things like honesty, integrity, self-LESS ness. Get a life, go back to New York and let's get on with nominating Barack!

April 6, 2008 08:46 pm at 8:46 pm |
  5. Black Republican, New York, New York

The woman continues to shamelessly pander to the females by comparing how long it takes for her to get ready as opposed to Obama and McCain.

But look, if there are 'twists and turns' ahead, they will be of her own making and doing, because the snake-like moves this serpent needs to make to win will require she wiggles her way instead of making a staright and upright walk.

Look for venomous strikes as she rattles her tail from behind little rocks she is familiar with.

April 6, 2008 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  6. Steve

Yes, HIllary. I agree. It must take you a VERY long time to get presentable.

April 6, 2008 08:49 pm at 8:49 pm |
  7. NW

Mike,

You didn’t post my comments on your pervious article about Hillary’s visit to Hillsboro, Oregon.

But, how fun: here a day later you post the only two of the same points from Hillary’s campaign in Montana. Did she talk about the economy? Schools? Jobs?
    I bet she did, but CNN is trying to portray her as careless person.
    Is this professional journalism or biased coverage?

April 6, 2008 08:49 pm at 8:49 pm |
  8. Yves larochelle

America is doomed if Hillary is elected. Think of the time it will take her to get ready!!! Not much time will remain to take and attend to those 3:00 am calls!
    Even her jokes lack sincerity and are fade!

April 6, 2008 08:54 pm at 8:54 pm |
  9. Jimmy Lee from Atlanta

The article quotes her as saying...

Is she BLIND? Can the lady not READ? How can she even think this is close when Obama has won more delegates, more states, and has more money to boot.

She obviously has a problem speaking truth to public, which is the first sign of a George Bush... I mean a bad leader.

April 6, 2008 08:55 pm at 8:55 pm |
  10. Pamela

We know how it's going to turn out, unless some miracle happens. Close race ha ha. She's desperate again, reminding us she's a female. Please just let this end soon.

April 6, 2008 08:55 pm at 8:55 pm |
  11. JT

Hillary is the best candidate and she will win!

Everybody is beating her up, but this lady is tough!!

The media is supporting Obama but the race still dead even.

Hillary will win!!

April 6, 2008 08:55 pm at 8:55 pm |
  12. mikeG

Women want it both ways, they can joke about being a woman, but god forbid if the ctiticism comes from a man. What I really worry about, is the cole cream face and rollers answering the 3:00 am call and waiting one hour to fix herself for the public. Just a joke.
    Obama ready from hour one, with no make up time.

April 6, 2008 08:55 pm at 8:55 pm |
  13. sean

you know....after all her lies....its hard to listen to anything else she says..she just talks out both sides of her mouth...very dishonest

April 6, 2008 08:56 pm at 8:56 pm |
  14. Jazz

Don't quit on Hillary, she won't quit on you. The will of the people is NOT EXPRESSED when two very large states are excluded. Count FL and MI and give the POWER to ALL of the PEOPLE. It is written in the US Constitution. Hillary is TOO LEGIT to QUIT!

April 6, 2008 08:56 pm at 8:56 pm |
  15. Elle

Hillary 2008 !

Honor and support to the best qualified candidate .!~~

April 6, 2008 08:56 pm at 8:56 pm |
  16. Jessica

Am I missing the "news worthy-ness" of this article? Must have been a slow weekend...or something.

April 6, 2008 08:56 pm at 8:56 pm |
  17. Another fed up woman

Pennsylvania is a state full of hard working people that understand getting your hands ditry with experience versus dancing with the stars. The state where liberty was born will ring that bell once again for the person who will create change for real. ROCK ON – HILLARY '08. Go Indiana and North Carolina. Ride high with one if by night and two if by see and don't be fouled by what you see.

April 6, 2008 08:56 pm at 8:56 pm |
  18. frank rivas

i can't help but think what would happen if she gets a call about a possible nuclear confrontation issue and she is in the middle of doing her hair. by the time she finishes trying to look pretty and finally get down to business, we are all busted in this country.

April 6, 2008 08:57 pm at 8:57 pm |
  19. carmen

I am sure there will be more twists and turns and she will make sure to provide them. And what if the phone rings at 3:00 am she is in the middle of taking off her make up?

April 6, 2008 08:57 pm at 8:57 pm |
  20. richie

I can fight and fight nasty and do anything to be elected. Hillary clinton lesson to young people!

April 6, 2008 08:57 pm at 8:57 pm |
  21. H

EXCELLENT ARTICLE. I LOVE HILLARY

April 6, 2008 08:58 pm at 8:58 pm |
  22. yes08

These "twists and turns" have given the integrity of this presidential campaign the appearance of a pretzel.

April 6, 2008 08:58 pm at 8:58 pm |
  23. SL, Reno

Okayyy, well that's an odd comment Hillary emphasized about her hair. Should I feel good that Hillary is saying that she will take longer to 'get ready' as President than Barack or John as President? I feel a little unsettlted about that both because it is sexist and because I don't agree that woman has to take longer than a man to get ready...I don't and I have longer hair (!)

April 6, 2008 09:00 pm at 9:00 pm |
  24. JD

"I think I should get points for working as hard as I do plus the time it takes to get ready." I don't get it. Is this a joke about bowel movements? I find this funny at all.

April 6, 2008 09:01 pm at 9:01 pm |
  25. Jerry from Oregon

I have been an ardent Obama supporter for months, but I agree that Hillary should stay in the race thought the end.

What she should NOT continue to do however is continue the negative campaigning that she has been waging since before the March 4th primaries. The lies and negativity she seeds the Democratic party with merely serve to weaken the eventual Democratic Nominee; Barack Obama.

Go ahead and stay in the race, Obama won't and can't reach the 2024 delegates to nominate, but he will certainly have the lead at the end of the primary season. Mike Huckabee labored on in the Republican race until McCain secured the nomination with sufficient delegates; but he was NOT negative towards John McCain; Hillary has shown no such reserve or judgement. She will lie, cheat, steal, pillage, and burn to get what she feels she deserves.

problem is America, for all it's problems, does not deserve to be stuck with 4-8 more years of Clinton!

April 6, 2008 09:01 pm at 9:01 pm |