April 7th, 2008

Clinton predicts more 'twists and turns'

Clinton campaigned in Montana Sunday.
Clinton campaigned in Montana Sunday.

MISSOULA, Montana (CNN) – Hillary Clinton on Sunday predicted “more twists and turns” in the primary battle with Barack Obama during a campaign event in Montana - one of the last two states to weigh in on the Democratic presidential race on June 3.

At a town hall meeting in Missoula, the senator from New York said the race is so close that “we don’t know how it is going to turn out.”

"This campaign has been exciting and incredibly energizing - for people all across the country - and I believe with all my heart that it is good for the Democratic Party to give the people of Montana a chance to vote in June, to have your vote counted and your voices heard," she also said.

While listing her credentials to be president, Clinton also said people vote for different reasons, including how a person looks or their hairstyle.

"And that is another difference, you know how long it takes me to get ready than my two opponents - I mean really just think about it," she joked. "I think I should get points for working as hard as I do plus the time it takes to get ready."

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. mike

I wonder if "twists and turns" really means "deceptions and outright lies".

April 6, 2008 09:02 pm at 9:02 pm |
  2. mary

Go Hillary, you have my vote!

April 6, 2008 09:02 pm at 9:02 pm |
  3. Richard, Portsmouth, VA

THE HANDWRITING IS SO CLEAR ON THE WALL BUT THE CLINTONS CAN'T READ IT WELL. IF THE INEVITABLE CLINTON IS STRUGGLING TO FIND A REASON TO WIN THIS NOMINATION, I SUBMIT THAT AMERICANS HAVAE SPOKEN THAT THEY NEED SOMEBODY ELSE, SHE SHOULDN'T BE IN THE CONDITION IF ALL IS WELL. IF WE CAN BE HONEST ONCE, THIS IS THE TIME.

April 6, 2008 09:03 pm at 9:03 pm |
  4. Matt

One way or the other, I'm voting for Hillary in November.
    Whether the biased media like CNN and MSNBC, like it or not.

April 6, 2008 09:04 pm at 9:04 pm |
  5. Mother Of Two In PA

Sniper Fire, Hospital Story, Nafta, Penn's Backdoor Trade.......... Sooo many liesss!! I've had enough!
    I will be shocked and amazed if Hillary loose by a close margin!
    I expect nothing more than a landslide loss!
    She cant even keep her Campagin together.

April 6, 2008 09:04 pm at 9:04 pm |
  6. Totoro

She doesn't know how this is going to turn out? More twists and turns?? They are campaigning in Pennsylvania, what is her opponent's view on gun control? What is her opponent's view on NAFTA? Hasn't he contradicted himself on both of these issues?? Why isn't anyone pressing for a clarification? Honestly, my Grandmother (seriously) could run a better campaign!

April 6, 2008 09:04 pm at 9:04 pm |
  7. Will

She wants people to vote for her based on looks and hair style?

So now we are making this election the equivalent of a senior prom queen?

April 6, 2008 09:05 pm at 9:05 pm |
  8. dlr

Can she get beyond the wormen credentials......we're not voting for women or men. Give me a break!!!! Look at all of the most influencial women on an international level and how successful they were in their countries. You never hear whining remarks or comments to vote for me because I am a women. Give me a break lady. I am losing respect for you if that is how you have to get votes.

You're really make it harder for other women to get ahead because what you're doing hear is what we most recent. You should take pointers from the governors that happened to be women in our current states.

April 6, 2008 09:06 pm at 9:06 pm |
  9. vicki

And you look awesome when you get out there Hillary. The necklaces are awesome. I love the new spring time colors also. That light blue suit was so refreshing...I can't believe I am saying this.
    Obama looks like a pale bearer next to you...really!

April 6, 2008 09:07 pm at 9:07 pm |
  10. Terry in Fl

The political sensors must be busy at work again. The posts are heavily sensored as usual. Can we please get an unbiased forum CNN?????

April 6, 2008 09:08 pm at 9:08 pm |
  11. Dave

Why can't she just run a normal campaign and talk about the issues that are facing this country rather than promising "twists and turns". She keeps going lower and lower every day.

April 6, 2008 09:08 pm at 9:08 pm |
  12. Stephen

Puh-lease, Hillary.
    The only twists and turns vis-a-vis the primary campaign has been the rhetoric from you: Double-speak, mis-speak and lies.
    Do the Democratic party a favor and fold your tent now or on April 23rd.

April 6, 2008 09:08 pm at 9:08 pm |
  13. Jen, Gaiesville, FL

She is playing the gender card again!

April 6, 2008 09:08 pm at 9:08 pm |
  14. An Agnostic Democrat

Like all the twists and turns of trying to get out lie after lie after lie after lie after lie? Or the twists and turns it takes to get a breath in between all the lies?

Whatever Hillary, I'll just watch while you twist and turn your campaign and the nation's reputation and moral standing to the ground. You are one pathetic human being if you think for one minute at this point that you have a shred of integrity to lead this country anywhere but further down the path of destruction. No vision, no decency, no personal responsibilty (It's always someone else's fault, right?). Plain ol ' nuthin', that's all you have to offer. That's why you're always in the attack mode (I'm sorry, I meant "fighting". I'm sleep deprived, and I misspoke

April 6, 2008 09:09 pm at 9:09 pm |
  15. RPV

Yes, she has spent a lot of time to become READY to be the most prominent liar in this country.

April 6, 2008 09:09 pm at 9:09 pm |
  16. mathew

you just know something is brewing in the Clinton's world. They seem to forget that in order for her to take Barack down she will have to take herself with him. She can not come out with something dirty on Barack without it looking like she is just trying the kitchen sink. The more people she turns off Barack the more people that the dems lose out on in the General. Barack supporters don't seem to like Hillary just as Clinton supporters don't like Obama. I don't think all these new comers to the dem party expected to see the in family fighting that happens on the right. I thought people like playing buy the rules and building each other up, but I guess they just couldn't get away for the Rove play book.

April 6, 2008 09:10 pm at 9:10 pm |
  17. R

She is doing anything she can to win, it's honestly disgusting. She lied about sniper fire, she lied about a woman and a baby (by federal law hospitals are REQUIRED to treat anyone who enters regardless of if they can pay), and she constantly tells people she has experience in government when she has never proposed ANYTHING in the Senate, and she constantly tries to play the gender card.

I don't think Barack Obama is the one most fit for the Presidency, but it's him over lying Clinton and insane McCain.

April 6, 2008 09:10 pm at 9:10 pm |
  18. Jeff

So close????

April 6, 2008 09:10 pm at 9:10 pm |
  19. Richard, Portsmouth, VA

April 6, 2008 09:10 pm at 9:10 pm |
  20. xuvok

Hee Hee... Hill, if you don't think Mitt takes less time than you to get ready to go out in public you haven't been looking at the competition. Of course only your daughter thinks you are smart.

April 6, 2008 09:11 pm at 9:11 pm |
  21. Richard, Portsmouth, VA

I HAVE TO SAY THIS AGAIN. SHE SHOULDN'T BE IN THIS CONDITION IF ALL IS WELL (WITH HER CANDIDACY WITH THE AMERICAN PEOPLE). IT IS A CLEAR STATEMENT FROM THE CITIZENRY THAT SHE IS NOT NEEDED DESPITE THE MANY THAT ARE VOTING FOR HER. SHE HAS BEEN AROUND FOR TOO LONG TO BE STRUGGLING THIS WAY. IF SHE IS STRUGGLING TO GET THE NOMINATION OF THE PARTY SHE HAD DOMINATED FOR TOO LONG, HOW WILL SHE FARE IN THE GENERAL ELECTION? IF WE CAN BE HONEST WITH OURSELVES, WE SHOULD TELL THE CLINTONS TO READ THE HANDWRITING AND BE TRUTHFUL TO SELF. THIS IS NOT TO BE TAKEN PERSONAL, THEY HAVE SERVED WELL AND SHOULD BE GRATEFUL THAT THEY WERE GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY AND ALLOW ANOTHER PERSON TO DO IT. IF THIS IS NOT ABOUT THEIR EGO OR SOME SELFISH AMBITION THEN THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE MUST BE RESPECTED BEFORE IT BECOMES SHAMEFUL AND THEIR GOOD REPUTATION IS SOILED. IF IT IS TRULY ABOUT THE PEOPLE, THEN THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE HAD SPOKEN IN THIS DEMOCRACY AND THAT MUST BE HONORED.

April 6, 2008 09:12 pm at 9:12 pm |
  22. Vette

What's the next underhanded thing the Clinton campaign going to do?
    Twists and turns to get the heat off of herself and try to ruin the most electable person in the race. It is so sad that she resorts to the negative, but of course she has no choice as she is really proving to be uncredible.

April 6, 2008 09:12 pm at 9:12 pm |
  23. akueteh

senator clinton should back out for the sake of the party,or stay in for more disgrace . we had enough with both bush and clinton , we as a nation need fresh guy like obama. i like bill clinton better than hillary,bill is cool never fight just love nice women

April 6, 2008 09:13 pm at 9:13 pm |
  24. Andrew

Twists and turns. How do you like them 109, 000,000 apples. Penn, change of story, sniper fire, and Columbia. Next up, Pork barrel spending and a coinsidental donation to the Clinton Library and curious foriegn tax exempt income.

April 6, 2008 09:14 pm at 9:14 pm |
  25. Laura zinnger

Wonder what other hidden skeletons she has that will come out?

April 6, 2008 09:16 pm at 9:16 pm |