April 7th, 2008

Clinton predicts more 'twists and turns'

Clinton campaigned in Montana Sunday.
Clinton campaigned in Montana Sunday.

MISSOULA, Montana (CNN) – Hillary Clinton on Sunday predicted “more twists and turns” in the primary battle with Barack Obama during a campaign event in Montana - one of the last two states to weigh in on the Democratic presidential race on June 3.

At a town hall meeting in Missoula, the senator from New York said the race is so close that “we don’t know how it is going to turn out.”

"This campaign has been exciting and incredibly energizing - for people all across the country - and I believe with all my heart that it is good for the Democratic Party to give the people of Montana a chance to vote in June, to have your vote counted and your voices heard," she also said.

"And that is another difference, you know how long it takes me to get ready than my two opponents - I mean really just think about it," she joked. "I think I should get points for working as hard as I do plus the time it takes to get ready."

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. James

Well, like most of her jokes, it's not particularly funny. Maybe she should just get Obama or McCain's haircut - that would save her a bundle of time!

April 6, 2008 09:17 pm at 9:17 pm |
  2. Pardon Moi

Are the twists and turns going to come from her?

April 6, 2008 09:18 pm at 9:18 pm |
  3. Chuck in Oregon

CNN sorry in order to respond I find I must cut and paste a portion of this article.... lol I just cant help myself.. (I am laughing so hard)

{While listing her credentials to be president, Clinton also said people vote for different reasons, including how a person looks or their hairstyle."And that is another difference, you know how long it takes me to get ready than my two opponents — I mean really just think about it," she joked. "I think I should get points for working as hard as I do plus the time it takes to get ready."}

You must be kidding, is this a desperation remark or what. Either way I stand by my words, "YOU MUST BE KIDDING". This is so very unpresidential and pathetic. For me she just lost the last shred of hope that I might vote for her in a pinch.

April 6, 2008 09:18 pm at 9:18 pm |
  4. No more of Hillary's "Twists"

HILLARY CLINTON BY HER OWN ADMISSION IS SEEMINGLY "DISMISSING" AMWERICANS HOPES AND DREAMS FOR A BETTER AMERICA AS A "PIPE DREAM" THAT CANNOT BE ACHIEVED!

Hillary Clinton quote:
    “I wish I could believe that we could get to universal health care, that we could turn the economy around, that we could end the home foreclosure crisis merely by asking people to do it. By bringing them together. By pointing to a higher cause and expecting them to shelve their commercial, ideological, personal and partisan advantages,” she said. “That is not the way the world has ever worked.”

HER POLITICS WILL KEEP THE STATUS QUO POLITICS IN WASHINGTON FOR SURE.

AMERICANS WANT CHANGE – CHANGE IN HEALTHCARE, CHANGE IN THE ECONOMY, CHANGE IN THE WAY WASHINGTON POLITICS ARE CARRIED OUT.

Obama’08: real change for real America

April 6, 2008 09:18 pm at 9:18 pm |
  5. karl From: Congo

waterver

April 6, 2008 09:18 pm at 9:18 pm |
  6. Andrew

Twists and turns such as her dropping out of the race?

April 6, 2008 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  7. Lame

This is the lamest thing I've heard yet. We are supposed to vote Hillary for President because it takes her a long time to get ready? Won't that take AWAY from the time she'll spend LEADING THE COUNTRY? "Sorry, I know the American people need to hear a response to the recent terrorist threats, but I've gotta do my makeup and put on my Spanx."

April 6, 2008 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  8. Russell

I think she needs to spend more time on both preparing her speeches by checking her sources and spending more time on make-up touch ups . . .or consider cosmetic surgery.

April 6, 2008 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  9. AZ

Does "twists" mean "lies"? Because we've heard a lot of them from the Clinton campaign so far...

April 6, 2008 09:20 pm at 9:20 pm |
  10. Riteaidbob

You mean she is going to find new ways to "Twist" the truth...(aka lie))?

April 6, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  11. Patty P.

Wow. What would her supporter Gloria Steinem say about that last remark?

April 6, 2008 09:22 pm at 9:22 pm |
  12. OBAMAT

She lied about her health care plan saying someone died bcos of no insurance, She lied about her foreign policy plan, that she escaped sniper fire in bosnia, whereas she didn't, Is it erronous to say that Sen Clinton is lying to have told us that she is more hardworking than the other candidate. I think that is a big lie about her strength.
    EVERYTHING ABOUT CLINTON IS A LIE

April 6, 2008 09:22 pm at 9:22 pm |
  13. NY

Just as long as these twists and turns lead to the exit!

April 6, 2008 09:23 pm at 9:23 pm |
  14. Tn

Ready on day ONE to Lie

April 6, 2008 09:23 pm at 9:23 pm |
  15. Hippies Unite

Twists? Yeah Hill...you know all about twisting things...things like facts. How's Bosnia?

McCain wins 40 states.

April 6, 2008 09:24 pm at 9:24 pm |
  16. Dad

Dad, did you get a chance to see the Senator?

April 6, 2008 09:24 pm at 9:24 pm |
  17. stefan, Barstow, Ca

Listen up Bull Riders! No fancy Nancy from New York city. is going to ride in the saddle of the presidency of our great country America. Now remember her nasty slags called you a small state and small states do not count. That is why I urge you as a Native born Idahoan to vote for Barack Obama.

April 6, 2008 09:25 pm at 9:25 pm |
  18. Dave

I wish Hillary would just drop out already. Her candidancy is a joke. I'm so tired of hearing about her. If you love this country Hillary then you would drop out of this race.

April 6, 2008 09:25 pm at 9:25 pm |
  19. Marie

stupid remark from a vile woman. C'mon Cnn you get sillier and sillier everyday and more racially divisive. move over Fox theirs a new guy in town under the guise of credibility.

April 6, 2008 09:25 pm at 9:25 pm |
  20. Alex

This woman is incredible.

The longer this goes on, everyone in the Democratic party loses.

I had the utmost respect for the Clintons but I know realize that their words simply do not match their actions.

April 6, 2008 09:25 pm at 9:25 pm |
  21. John Des Plaines IL

How long will it take you to get ready when that phone you love scare people with starts ringing at 3 AM?????

April 6, 2008 09:26 pm at 9:26 pm |
  22. Nik

Drop out.

April 6, 2008 09:27 pm at 9:27 pm |
  23. Jan

Then how is she going to handle a crisis? Eyeliner and concealer?

April 6, 2008 09:27 pm at 9:27 pm |
  24. aware

Go Hillary! :)

You are looking good!

I am sure the arrogant, ego driven, power hungry Obama will leave no stone unturned in his down and dirty race for the whitehouse.

It is really too bad that his above the fray rhetoric was a sham. He has always used obfuscation and mean attacks but not as openly and brazenly as he does now. He is one conflicted guy! :(

April 6, 2008 09:27 pm at 9:27 pm |