April 7th, 2008

Clinton predicts more 'twists and turns'

Clinton campaigned in Montana Sunday.
Clinton campaigned in Montana Sunday.

MISSOULA, Montana (CNN) – Hillary Clinton on Sunday predicted “more twists and turns” in the primary battle with Barack Obama during a campaign event in Montana - one of the last two states to weigh in on the Democratic presidential race on June 3.

At a town hall meeting in Missoula, the senator from New York said the race is so close that “we don’t know how it is going to turn out.”

"This campaign has been exciting and incredibly energizing - for people all across the country - and I believe with all my heart that it is good for the Democratic Party to give the people of Montana a chance to vote in June, to have your vote counted and your voices heard," she also said.

While listing her credentials to be president, Clinton also said people vote for different reasons, including how a person looks or their hairstyle.

"And that is another difference, you know how long it takes me to get ready than my two opponents - I mean really just think about it," she joked. "I think I should get points for working as hard as I do plus the time it takes to get ready."

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Cindy,CA

Hillary gives great and detailed speechs about what she will do as president.. She gives logical and specific ways she will implement her plans.

This article does not do her justice; I guess the reporters were tired today.

I'm getting very tired of all the Hillary bashing and know if Obama gets the nomination it will be his turn by the Republicans..We will not have a nominee come November...

I guess we may have to hit bottom before we wake up and take a stand in our elections. No more media bias in the future please.

April 6, 2008 09:27 pm at 9:27 pm |
  2. savvydoc

Why does HRC continue to play gender and race politics? She has some good ideas and has done solid work. I wish she would stick just to the issues.

April 6, 2008 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  3. Richard Friedman

It takes Hillary more time to get ready. So when that phone call comes at 3:00 a.m. in the morning her response is going to be, "Just hold that thought, because your call is very important to me and I'll be back in 15 minutes after I get ready." I know I already feel safer.

April 6, 2008 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  4. amy o

If Clinton were ahead she wouldn't care less for those voters in June.

April 6, 2008 09:29 pm at 9:29 pm |
  5. LaLa in KCMO

Is she serious? She should get points because it takes her longer to get ready??

And again, I ask: if it's soooo important for all the voices in the country to be heard, then why is she so adamant about having the Super Delegates exercise their right (obligation?) to vote how they personally feel, even if it means going against the popular vote?

Contradictions. How can't people see them? I don't know.

April 6, 2008 09:29 pm at 9:29 pm |
  6. laurie

The race is no longer 'that close'. When is the press going to call her on it?

April 6, 2008 09:29 pm at 9:29 pm |
  7. Unbelievable

Close? I don't know how she defines close, but an insurmountable lead to me does not seem like it is close. I understand she needs to say things to keep her supporters happy and her money coming in – just like John Edwards had to before he dropped out. I just hope that one day she will stop lying to herself and voters and drop out of the race and support Obama – I believe that she will after the primaries are over and Obama has the support of the majority of the super delegates and enough to win the nomination.

April 6, 2008 09:29 pm at 9:29 pm |
  8. Steve

How long it takes you to get ready? Give me a break, in an international or domestic crisis we don't have time to wait for you to "get ready".

April 6, 2008 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  9. Babs

Oh please... Hillary give it up... your chief strategist quits because he was lobbying for something you did not believe in and you husband, is a "consultant" for a friend in Dubai. Yes, there will be twists and turns, and the most gracious one would be for you to gracioulsy bow out.

April 6, 2008 09:33 pm at 9:33 pm |
  10. Adam

If by twists you are referring to your downward spiral of defeat.

April 6, 2008 09:35 pm at 9:35 pm |
  11. Shin

I wish she would just give up. I don't support Obama but I'd rather have him out of the three candidates we have now. My future in the military will seems to be looking very gloomy when I think of her or McCain winning...

Shin
    SGT, USA

April 6, 2008 09:35 pm at 9:35 pm |
  12. kani

hillary needs to see her mental counseling

April 6, 2008 09:36 pm at 9:36 pm |
  13. Nikita

HILLARY, THE BEST CANDIDATE FOR THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! WE LOVER HER.

April 6, 2008 09:37 pm at 9:37 pm |
  14. 17 yr old democrat from kansas

ACTUALLY hill MICHELLE looks way better than you in apperal department! So no votes for you!! but off course Hiliary you try to come up with as many excuses as you can to stay in the race when clearly your campaign is out of breath!

April 6, 2008 09:38 pm at 9:38 pm |
  15. Not Funny to this Texan

The twists and turns will be with the truth versus anything coming out of Hillary's mouth. She is a pathological liar. Isn't one of the signs of a pathological liar someone who lies when they don't have to?

Hillary really shouldn't try to be funny. She has no sense of humor, cannot deliver a line, and has poor taste in what is funny. Her comment on how long it takes her to get ready just IS NOT FUNNY. Hillary and Bill Clinton keep their supporters waiting for hours. That is disrespectful, not funny. It further shows she has NO CONCERN for anyone but a Clinton.

Hillary's appearance on Jay Leno WAS NOT FUNNY. I didn't find one thing amusing in her laughing about lying on her Bosnia landing. I hope a lot of other voters didn't think so either.

April 6, 2008 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  16. Marq

So basically, when the red phone rings at 3 am, Hillary is going to be at some beauty shop getting her hair done.

April 6, 2008 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  17. Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid

Sen Clinton's Comments:
    Some things are better left Unsaid. Does she really want the world to know she requires a lot of work?

April 6, 2008 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  18. baby paily

If she take long time to get ready how can she be ready for a 3 AM call

April 6, 2008 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  19. Grif

I've got new's for you, this is not a Game. I've got new's for you, are you listening.
    I've got new"s for you,' we are all the Same. An Adaptation of Cliff Richards...
    Go on Cut it again.... And you wonder why??

April 6, 2008 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  20. baby paily

she is clearly referring race here

April 6, 2008 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  21. onoshemimeh Aghere

Well i do not agree with her, i do believe that people vote not how a person looks or their hair style but for who is best ready to be the commander – in – chief.
    As my father says to me when i was young that " if you want to be a stundent, you have to read well". if you want to be a teacher, you have to teach well" if you want to be a governor,you have govern well". if you want to be a chancelor,you have to chancel well". if you want to be a king or a president, you have to act and speak like a president"
    All above qaulities i have found in senator Barack Obama,that is what lifted him up to this stage today,but not much of these in senator Hillary Clinton. I don't think she can win him anyway.

April 6, 2008 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  22. JD

More twists? Who else is resigning?

April 6, 2008 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  23. oldwhiteguy

"And that is another difference, you know how long it takes me to get ready than my two opponents — I mean really just think about it," she joked. "I think I should get points for working as hard as I do plus the time it takes to get ready."

ready, "EVENTUALLY", on day one...
    can't answer the 3 a/m call-her nails aren't dry!
    if she wants to be president she must be 'ready', first

April 6, 2008 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  24. Wendy

That's an understatement! There's a lot of talk on a few reputable blogs, ones that are far more objective than CNN or MSNBC, that the public won't have to wait too much longer before a few more of Obama's skeletons come out of the closet. It will make the Wright incident pale in comparison.......

April 6, 2008 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  25. Dutchboy52

Why am I getting this image of Humpty Dumpty putting itself together again at 3 O'Clock in the morning.

April 6, 2008 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |