April 7th, 2008

Clinton predicts more 'twists and turns'

Clinton campaigned in Montana Sunday.
Clinton campaigned in Montana Sunday.

MISSOULA, Montana (CNN) – Hillary Clinton on Sunday predicted “more twists and turns” in the primary battle with Barack Obama during a campaign event in Montana - one of the last two states to weigh in on the Democratic presidential race on June 3.

At a town hall meeting in Missoula, the senator from New York said the race is so close that “we don’t know how it is going to turn out.”

"This campaign has been exciting and incredibly energizing - for people all across the country - and I believe with all my heart that it is good for the Democratic Party to give the people of Montana a chance to vote in June, to have your vote counted and your voices heard," she also said.

While listing her credentials to be president, Clinton also said people vote for different reasons, including how a person looks or their hairstyle.

"And that is another difference, you know how long it takes me to get ready than my two opponents - I mean really just think about it," she joked. "I think I should get points for working as hard as I do plus the time it takes to get ready."

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. tejano

Keep America Strong. Hillary or McCain as President.

NO Obamination in the Whitehouse.

April 6, 2008 10:24 pm at 10:24 pm |
  2. b-liberal

Hillary is serious – she's too hard
    Hillary is funny and laughs at herself – she's not serious
    Hillary takes action – she's plotting
    Hillary holds back – what is she hiding?

She cannot win in the Obama cult driven media.

Obama is serious or funny or takes action or holds back – he is soooooo wonderful.

Go Hillary – fight the prejudice!

April 6, 2008 10:25 pm at 10:25 pm |
  3. Ann, MI

She really believes what she is saying. I just don't get it, but then again, I don't suffer from delusions.

April 6, 2008 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  4. Proud2BAmerican-NOOBAMA

Time to vote Republican.

April 6, 2008 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  5. Brian in Ohio

How is Hillary going to be ready for those 3am phone calls if it takes longer to get ready to act on them?

April 6, 2008 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  6. Bayou Joe

Words of Wisdom from the Swamp. Twist, and Spin is more like it.

Take a man's words out of context and use it to degrade the man.

Obama and Clinton are one and the same. One is Black the other is a White woman that supports Black issues, Same in a different package.

We need a person that represents all Americans, not one with a particular agenda.
    Wake Up America. Wake up Democrats. Your party has been hijacked.

April 6, 2008 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  7. wayne simmonds

AS a black man I believe Obama does more twist and turns and that is why I dont trust him. He will use even Dr King to twist the voters mind. Shame on You Barrack Obama

April 6, 2008 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  8. rockybalboa

The only reason I'm voting in this election is to end the mindless war in Iraq. Either of you Democrats have my Vote. NO Republican this time around please. We've had enough of twists and turns for the last 8 years.

April 6, 2008 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |
  9. Terry

Hillary, please do every one a favor and just exit gracefully.

April 6, 2008 10:33 pm at 10:33 pm |
  10. Danny

Hillary Clinton LIES about her experience, snipers, healthcare stories and when she is caught telling a LIE, she LIES to cover the LIE. I hope Americans do not forget that if Hillary wins we have not just one LIAR in the white house but remember LYING Bill who is such a LIAR. Remember the American public was LIED to in order to get into the Iraqi war, so I do not believe we want another president that is a LIAR. CLINTONS are LIARS.

April 6, 2008 10:34 pm at 10:34 pm |
  11. J.Onofre -CA

I think Hillary is confessing to something here or perhaps there is something she is not telling us.

April 6, 2008 10:35 pm at 10:35 pm |
  12. Rich in Seattle

Isn't it sad that the only way that Hillary could win is if she destroys Obama in the process Isn't there something wrong with that? Is that the kind of person we want as our president? Haven't we had enough of that?

Please Hillary, it's time to drop out.

April 6, 2008 10:35 pm at 10:35 pm |
  13. StacyGA

Can anyone explain to me why they would want to vote for Hillary being that she is such a LIAR and why we should expect anything different from her?

Obama 08 & 12

April 6, 2008 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  14. Sara

I truly dislike this woman.

April 6, 2008 10:38 pm at 10:38 pm |
  15. Anonymous

I don't know what Obama supporters saw in him. I wouldn't risk my future with an experience candidate. I don't know the reason why he choose to run right now when it is obvious he is not ready for president yet, this is very transparent in all the debates that I've watched. He didn't even think about the future of American people, all he wants is power and to be in history without considering the future of America. He's power hungry. Wake up people, America will soon be a third world country with the way you choose your leader.

I strongly believe that Hillary Clinton is the best candidate for President. She does not need to do this, she's rich but because she cares for American people and is very proud to be one, she choose to run to be your head, a very tough job in order to bring back America to its greatness. She's going to be a great President who will work hard for all American people.

April 6, 2008 10:38 pm at 10:38 pm |
  16. Kris from AZ

Lies and more lies

April 6, 2008 10:39 pm at 10:39 pm |
  17. hehe

To some people –

I don’t know why people can be so biased. Calling Hillary a liar because she didn’t remember correctly something happened 12 years ago – Can you remember everything you did 12 years ago? Where did you have coffee in April 7, 1996?

And, just to be fair, why only asking Hillary to make public her schedule and tax return? Can Obama do the same thing? How about the dates when he was in the church in the past 6 years?

April 6, 2008 10:39 pm at 10:39 pm |
  18. amy

And yes people this is why I will no longer vote. What a joke this has become.

April 6, 2008 10:40 pm at 10:40 pm |
  19. Tim Rivers

"she will win penn. by 12% and then 3 days before n.carolina john edwards will endorse her and she will win n.carolina she will win out then."

Put the crack pipe down and back away SLOWLY! Denial – Its not just a river in Egypt!

April 6, 2008 10:40 pm at 10:40 pm |
  20. Sue

It will soon be very clear – even to the Obama supporters, that he is unelectable. Then the the rest of the delegates will get behind our first woman president! Go Hillary!

April 6, 2008 10:40 pm at 10:40 pm |
  21. Marty Klein

Time to get ready? Time apparently wasted.

April 6, 2008 10:43 pm at 10:43 pm |
  22. Scott Brown Palm Bay Florida

My wife is a lawyer-would you mind if i represented you in court? Really I'm a Project Manager. It's amazing how excited democrats are over these two candiates. Hillary is disliked more than Bush and Omaba?Who is this guy anyway?What has he done in his life that would show that he would not be a Marxist President that would raise everyones taxes that actually pays them and not sell out the security of our country. McCain is the only one that I see that can get us through the next four years so we as Americans can find field better candiates.

April 6, 2008 10:43 pm at 10:43 pm |
  23. Michael Guinn- Ventura, CA

Bakersfield:
    Can you send me some of whatever it is you're smokin?
    John Edwards will not endorse Hillary- and she will not win PA by 12%.
    The crops in the San Joaquin Valley must be really something this year!

April 6, 2008 10:43 pm at 10:43 pm |
  24. Ole

By more "twists" she must mean "...of the truth," a/k/a lies.

April 6, 2008 10:44 pm at 10:44 pm |
  25. Marie Comer

Hillary will win the great state of Pennsylvania by a HUGE margin. She is beloved here!! Then she'll sweep up in North Carolina, Indiana, West Virginia, Kentucky, and Puerto Rico. At that point, she'll be ahead in the popular vote, especially because the good people of Florida and Michigan REMEMBER that they chose Hillary and their votes should count!! I predict John Edwards will endorse Hillary before the N.C. Primary and possibly be her V.P. What a ticket!! What hope for America!!

April 6, 2008 10:45 pm at 10:45 pm |