April 7th, 2008

Clinton predicts more 'twists and turns'

Clinton campaigned in Montana Sunday.
Clinton campaigned in Montana Sunday.

MISSOULA, Montana (CNN) – Hillary Clinton on Sunday predicted “more twists and turns” in the primary battle with Barack Obama during a campaign event in Montana - one of the last two states to weigh in on the Democratic presidential race on June 3.

"This campaign has been exciting and incredibly energizing - for people all across the country - and I believe with all my heart that it is good for the Democratic Party to give the people of Montana a chance to vote in June, to have your vote counted and your voices heard," she also said.

While listing her credentials to be president, Clinton also said people vote for different reasons, including how a person looks or their hairstyle.

"And that is another difference, you know how long it takes me to get ready than my two opponents - I mean really just think about it," she joked. "I think I should get points for working as hard as I do plus the time it takes to get ready."

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. QuietStormX

You know, I'm tired of Hillary and Bill Clinton! The lies and half truths show that Hillary and her campaign spit the truth they make-up. Since IOWA, Hillary has been saying and waiting for Barack to make a mistake and drop out... Not going too happen!!!!!! He is leading in States won, delegates and popular vote. She needs huge wins to get even and more than that to overtake his lead. Hillary and Bill Clinton are dreaming to think she can steal the nomination and win the election when Baracks supporters don't support her and don't support her in the election. I know I won't vote for her, the way she has campaigned.......

Just get out of the nomination and shut-up!!! And stop dreaming Hillary.

April 6, 2008 05:04 pm at 5:04 pm |
  2. Mikey from Scottsdale AZ

Hillary's campaign is simply a clinic in disaster.. How on earth can anyone expect this candidate to become Commander In Chief ?
    Be ready on Day One ?? She isn't ready after 35 YEARS of embellished experience.

PLEASE PEOPLE WAKE UP !!

Geroge Bush is beginning to look good !

April 6, 2008 05:04 pm at 5:04 pm |
  3. sunny kang

the reason we have record breaking voter registration and attention is not because of you Billary. It's because of Obama!!!

April 6, 2008 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  4. Election Observer from Germany

"At a town hall meeting in Missoula, the senator from New York said the race is so close that “we don’t know how it is going to turn out.”"

Ha ha good one!

If you take a look at the polls and the negative things around her campaign from the last days, i think the most people know how is going to turn out..

I think there will be no "more twists and turns" positive for her.

April 6, 2008 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  5. Mark, Vancouver, WA

She did not just say that she "should get points" for the "time it takes to get ready" did she? This ridiculous campaign she has run has bottomed out. How can a person who can't even manage her primary campaign expect to run a country???

April 6, 2008 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  6. Marie-Lynn

The 'twists and turns' will be april 25 2008, with Paul vs Clinton..That I think the biggest twists and turns, of her campain...

April 6, 2008 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  7. BR

How is the race so close again? Obama is nearing a 200 pt. lead...He's almost matched her in superdelegates...and over the past few weeks about 17 new superdelegates jumped in-line with his campaign?

People vote based on how a candidate looks? She should get points for dressing up? Joke or not, this woman continues to make a mockery of the process. Using false stories on the campaign trail – Making up stories about landing in war zones. How much more of this do the American people need to hear? We shall see whats happens over the next few weeks. She's the top,'cause she spin's with the best of them.

April 6, 2008 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  8. Roy

If Obama stops playing the Bush card and lets the voters be herd, You will win this Hillary! I can't keep up with him which card he is playing day by day! The Race Card, The Bush Card, the She said Card, Oh yes there is the Poor little boy Card! Stick to the issues and stop playing cards Obama and tell us what you stand for! Hillary stands for something and the next day you come out with the same thing. Are you a Leader or a Follower? Obama better not win this he will have to call Hillary at 3 in the morning to find out what to do!

April 6, 2008 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  9. AJ - Winston-Salem, North Carolina

Cute – I love you future Madame President! :)

April 6, 2008 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  10. Charles in Columbus

OK. If Obama gets criticized for playing the "Race Card", I call foul for Clinton continuing to play the "Gender Card." Between her comments and Bills, if I were a woman, I think (*) I would be offended.

(*) I'm not a woman, so this is speculation

April 6, 2008 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  11. nadeem

Huh? At this point hillary is becoming incoherent.

A little reported fact, Obama has held a delegate lead since the very first caucus/primary in Iowa.

There have not been many twists and turns, he has been the consistent leader.

April 6, 2008 05:07 pm at 5:07 pm |
  12. Texas

What's funny is....she's the only candidate in this race that will not be on the ballot in November and still she continues to talk.

WHY HILLARY...WHY DON'T YOU JUST PACK UP BILL'S HORSE AND CARRIAGE AND JUST RIDE BACK TO HOPE, ARK.

IT'S A WRAP.......

April 6, 2008 05:08 pm at 5:08 pm |
  13. mama4obama

dry up already. I have had enough.

April 6, 2008 05:08 pm at 5:08 pm |
  14. andrea benini

Hillary is looking and sounding good. Go Hillary!

April 6, 2008 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  15. Walt, Belton,TX

What Hillary really means is "More Lies Coming!"

April 6, 2008 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  16. seitu

isnt that sexist???

April 6, 2008 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  17. Daniel

Interesting, may be Hillary wants 100 delegates bonus for the time it takes her to get ready. Is she trying to come up with some more reasons why she think she should be the nominee? Give me a break.

April 6, 2008 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  18. Scott Emily

were with you.............. or john McCain, it's up to DEAN_O

Ronald Reagan democrat

April 6, 2008 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  19. Beca

The Energizer Bunny! Keep going Hillary!

April 6, 2008 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  20. B-DOGG

The headline should read...... Clinton predicts more" lies and stretching of the truth"

April 6, 2008 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  21. Brenda

Now I've heard everything. People should vote for Hillary becaue it takes her longer to get dressed? She's so ignorant.

April 6, 2008 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  22. James

"The race is so close that 'we don’t know how it is going to turn out.'"? She must be kidding. It would take a complete collapse by Obama for him not to win both the popular vote and the pledged delegate vote. And it is not *that* close.

April 6, 2008 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  23. Judy

HAHA Hillary made a funny....

April 6, 2008 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  24. paul k

if hillary thinks its unfair that it takes her longer to ready her self then
    her oppents. she can always drop out. and or else spend less time
    making up windys.

April 6, 2008 05:14 pm at 5:14 pm |
  25. Linda

Insulting!!! I should give you points because it takes you longer to fix your hair? How about what it takes to fix the income? the housing market? the loss of jobs? the war in iraq?

Please do not play the I am woman card, it is insulting to us woman who are trying to be judged on our credientials and not our gender.

April 6, 2008 05:15 pm at 5:15 pm |