April 7th, 2008

Clinton predicts more 'twists and turns'

Clinton campaigned in Montana Sunday.
Clinton campaigned in Montana Sunday.

MISSOULA, Montana (CNN) – Hillary Clinton on Sunday predicted “more twists and turns” in the primary battle with Barack Obama during a campaign event in Montana - one of the last two states to weigh in on the Democratic presidential race on June 3.

At a town hall meeting in Missoula, the senator from New York said the race is so close that “we don’t know how it is going to turn out.”

"This campaign has been exciting and incredibly energizing - for people all across the country - and I believe with all my heart that it is good for the Democratic Party to give the people of Montana a chance to vote in June, to have your vote counted and your voices heard," she also said.

While listing her credentials to be president, Clinton also said people vote for different reasons, including how a person looks or their hairstyle.

"And that is another difference, you know how long it takes me to get ready than my two opponents - I mean really just think about it," she joked. "I think I should get points for working as hard as I do plus the time it takes to get ready."

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Ron

Hillary..Hillary...Hillary....You are REALLY starting to annoy A LOT of us. And guess what ..when you annoy people, they have a tendency of not voting for you...Two or three COWARDLY Democratic leaders have suggested you drop out because they allow FEAR to be a motivating force in their mind. I am HOPING that no more of them say this because it is really STUPID!! Men need to realize that this gives the "APPEARANCE" you are picking on a woman. While this is not the case you have GOT TO REALIZE it is one of Hillary's largest motivators for the women who are over 50. So PLEASE just BE QUIET..Let it run out to June 4th....and then if the delegate count favours Barack....Tell her...BYE BYE..it is over...

April 6, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  2. Susan MO

At first for Obama, now for Clinton!

CLINTON 08

April 6, 2008 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  3. Sterling Harris, M.D.

Here's two points for putting on make up. Now, please step aside and allow Senator Obama to become the next President of the United States!

April 6, 2008 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  4. Gerry (AUSTRIA)

If it takes a very long time for her just to dress up ,then which time will she have left for the presidency even if she is elected. She better take up a job in the fashion industry

April 6, 2008 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  5. Brian from NYC

She will stay as long is it takes to ruin Barack's chances in November so it can set her up to run again in 2012. If Barack wins she'll never be President that is the only reason she is running this negative, disgusting, and me-first campaign. If she doesn't run now or 2012 she'll be too old and have Barack's VP to run against in 2016! Clinton = me first, all for me!!

April 6, 2008 05:35 pm at 5:35 pm |
  6. *eyeroll*

Please, Hillary, just go away.

April 6, 2008 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  7. GCG - Austin, TX

Does no one seem to pick up on the daily hypocrisy of her words?

She claims that she wants to make sure that everyone has a vote, but then in the same breath states that none of the delegates are really "pledged" to a particular candidate and can vote however they want. If getting a "pledged" delegate to change the vote from one candidate to another is not "violating the will of the electorate" and thereby disenfranchising all of the people that did vote for a particular candidate, I don't know what does.

She is a hypocrite every time she speaks about delegates not being pledged, but no one seems to see that, or recognize it, because they are blinded by their support of "the good old days" or the feeling that she is somehow "owed" this.

Sickening.

April 6, 2008 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  8. judyb

How much time it takes to get ready??? She has her husband and daughter out there campaigning for her full-time while Barack's only got Michelle, who is also trying to be home with their daughters.

Stop the female pandering Hillary and run on the merits of your policies, if there are any left. Your experience is now laughable.

April 6, 2008 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  9. Katie

Hillary Clinton winning the Democratic nomination, or worse, winning the Presidential election, will prove to the world that we are nuts! If she was Pinnochio, she would have an old oak tree for her nose.

April 6, 2008 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  10. ann

plus the time it takes her to come up with "revisionist history" of her life and accomplishments

April 6, 2008 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  11. DFoster Georgia

So ... Hillary's a comedian now? Does she really understand the magnitude of this race? She's spun so many lies she's dizzy.

April 6, 2008 05:38 pm at 5:38 pm |
  12. Gregory H. Brooklyn New York

Sen. Clinton' prediction of more 'twists and turns' sounds quite dubious. Should I be looking for the sky to fall??? I'm sick of the pessimism, I am looking for some hopefulness, some relief, some OBAMA vision.

April 6, 2008 05:38 pm at 5:38 pm |
  13. Samina WI

and here she goes again..trying to play the gender card . There might be some fools who actually fall for that! What a pity!

April 6, 2008 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |
  14. Hillary is the Answer!!!

Hillary will win Pensylvania, thus gain momemtum and win must of the rest of the remainding primaries...There is a shift comming; that will surprise the unbeliever...

April 6, 2008 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |
  15. Dayahka

Not ready enough, apparently, given all the fantasies, like sniper fire in Bosnia, and misstatements that result from her meetings.

April 6, 2008 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  16. Farrell, Houston, Tx

I give Hillary a lot of credit, but I can only take so much of her and right now I've had enough. She needs to take a "chill pill" or something because like myself and so many others are right about now sick of Hillary Clinton.

April 6, 2008 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  17. Joanne

– "I think I should get points for working as hard as I do plus the time it takes to get ready." -

So she should get gender credit?

April 6, 2008 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  18. Michael in NC

That's exactly why I'm voting for Obama. No muss, no fuss, even at 3am in the morning. The guy's naturally gorgeous! Just look at him! How do ya like them credentials?! (Just kidding. I honestly think he'll make a better president, regardless of appearance. OBAMA '08!!!)

April 6, 2008 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  19. Diane

Another Clinton "tall tale"....she's a piece of work!!!! Her lies and stories are too much.

April 6, 2008 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  20. MurphyMorseJohnson

The Clintons' appearance, like Billary's $2000 haircut and Hillary's comments in Montana, is obviously distracting them. Devoting so much time to appearance, they are making misstatements on a regular basis. Take the Clintons' recent errors on Bosnia, Colombia, and now Ohio–they probably wish somebody would. So much for truth, justice and the American way as well as judgment, experience, wisdom, and control the Clintons' arrogantly say they have....

But, then again, the Clintons are known to make misstatements to misguide voters into voting for them. May we wean ourselves once and for all of the Bush-Clinton Dynasty.

April 6, 2008 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  21. Lifelong Democrat

PA For HILLARY !!!

YOU GO GIRL !!!

I love this woman :D

April 6, 2008 05:45 pm at 5:45 pm |
  22. Marc

Some people vote on how somebody looks. That sounds like codes to me. What does she mean by that. Is she really trying to tell the people in Montana not to vote for Obama because of the color of his skin or vote for her cause she is a woman or what. I just don't understand this woman. Anybody smart can tell what she is trying to say. She is really sad and the more I get to know her, the more I am starting to feel that she is a racist. I hope the people in Montana vote for Obama because he is the right choice for this country and we don't need a liar in office again. We already had enough of Bush, please don't put a Clinton in office again. Too many lies for this country to handle.

April 6, 2008 05:46 pm at 5:46 pm |
  23. Fran

Tell the truth. Now how hard do you have to work at doing that??

April 6, 2008 05:46 pm at 5:46 pm |
  24. Ardnuas

Voters... Who represents America best? Americans are awesome when we are united!!!!!
    Obama/Edwards08 Si Se Puede

April 6, 2008 05:46 pm at 5:46 pm |
  25. Monroe

Oh it's just so hard to be fabulous these days, isn't it Hillary?

April 6, 2008 05:48 pm at 5:48 pm |