April 7th, 2008

Clinton predicts more 'twists and turns'

Clinton campaigned in Montana Sunday.
Clinton campaigned in Montana Sunday.

MISSOULA, Montana (CNN) – Hillary Clinton on Sunday predicted “more twists and turns” in the primary battle with Barack Obama during a campaign event in Montana - one of the last two states to weigh in on the Democratic presidential race on June 3.

At a town hall meeting in Missoula, the senator from New York said the race is so close that “we don’t know how it is going to turn out.”

"This campaign has been exciting and incredibly energizing - for people all across the country - and I believe with all my heart that it is good for the Democratic Party to give the people of Montana a chance to vote in June, to have your vote counted and your voices heard," she also said.

While listing her credentials to be president, Clinton also said people vote for different reasons, including how a person looks or their hairstyle.

"And that is another difference, you know how long it takes me to get ready than my two opponents - I mean really just think about it," she joked. "I think I should get points for working as hard as I do plus the time it takes to get ready."

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. nader

I think this is a national security issue if a President takes too much time to get ready and be available to the military, adminstration and public at the time of emergency.

April 6, 2008 05:48 pm at 5:48 pm |
  2. CK

Could she be more pandering, phony and shameless? End this, superdelegates.

April 6, 2008 05:48 pm at 5:48 pm |
  3. jesse

Mrs. Clinton:

The intelligence level of the people in Missoula, Montana is not as low as you may like to think. This election is not close as you did put it. Obama has an insurmountable win in pledged deligates that you will never be able to overcome. You need an average of at least 35 percentage margin points to be a contender for nomination. This process could end in Oregon on May 5, 2008 when Obama captures the majority of the pledged delegates. Montana, South Dakota and Puerto Rico could be outpla. Are you talking about the same election? Do you know other things that are beyond he intelligence to the people in Missoula, Montana to figure?

April 6, 2008 05:50 pm at 5:50 pm |
  4. Sherman

She said what? the race is so close? please some body tell me what planet does she lives? billary must be honest and recognize that she should quit from democratic party. Is imposible the nomination for her and the world knows that is the big true.

April 6, 2008 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  5. Democrats Are What's Left

She is just flailing in the wind now. It seems to me that her taking too much time to do her hair is really a negative. She's about as credible now as a bag of bricks.

Please spare us of anymore dribble Mrs. Clinton. I need to be able to take my hands off my ears at some point.

April 6, 2008 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  6. Madtown

You've got to be kidding me!!! Is that supposed to be funny?!? I find it totally ridiculous, why would you even say something that stupid?

April 6, 2008 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  7. Jack - Miami

Just what I want – A president who uses gender or race-based excuses. She wants extra points for having to take time to get ready? I know she is joking – just like she was joking about sniper fire and insulting our armed forces personnel who do face sniper fire on a regular basis. How do women – especially those who have excelled, have faced challenges in a male dominated business world, have dealt and overcome with gender-bias – ever vote for someone like HRC who setting women back?

April 6, 2008 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  8. Gerry (AUSTRIA)

This race is not so close that we don´t know the outcome. Everybody except Hillary and some people on her campaign team know how this race is going to turn out. The answer is that Obama will be nominated and she will be busy docking from sniper fire.Face the reality Hillary and according to your husband " Chill out "

April 6, 2008 05:52 pm at 5:52 pm |
  9. Chris11

You can say that again!

April 6, 2008 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  10. Mark

Enough with the twists, Hil

April 6, 2008 05:54 pm at 5:54 pm |
  11. Justification

I think Hilary should stop joking with people. This is very serious America needs a very ambisious President to bring changes to the world... We are living in a very SERIOUS TIME Hilary..

April 6, 2008 05:54 pm at 5:54 pm |
  12. Brian

She is right we should vote for her, because it takes her longer to get ready in the morning.

April 6, 2008 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  13. Mike

Now she's the victim again. When will this lady stop??

April 6, 2008 05:57 pm at 5:57 pm |
  14. Kim in Pa

More playing the "girl in the boy's club" again.... How do we expect her to be ready at 3am when she has to do her hair and lipstick...?

April 6, 2008 05:58 pm at 5:58 pm |
  15. Jeff in PA.

Hillary, the only twist and turn is you heading for the exit door...bye bye, you are the weakest link....

April 6, 2008 05:58 pm at 5:58 pm |
  16. Mike

YEAH, WE KNOW YOU'LL DO ANYTHING OR SAY ANYTHING TO WIN.

April 6, 2008 05:59 pm at 5:59 pm |
  17. MM

It takes her more time to get ready.....please. If a man had said that he would have been booed. I really don't appreciate a woman saying that either.

What are these "twists and turns" the headline is alluding to? I heard a brief snippet on the news the other day that the Clinton campaign is saying that there will be something else that they are going to bring out against Obama. That they hoped the media would reveal it, but as the media hasn't, that the Clinton campaign may have to expose it. Anybody else heard something like this?

April 6, 2008 05:59 pm at 5:59 pm |
  18. seanwhit

This week it is the gender card. Could you imagine Margaret Thatcher or Benazir Bhutto playing the gender card. I am all for a woman becoming our president but please don't let it be this nut!

April 6, 2008 06:00 pm at 6:00 pm |
  19. Steve

In other words, she'll be slingin' more mud. This crazy-lady is not worth of your votes! She is just power-hungry. Don't feed her!

April 6, 2008 06:00 pm at 6:00 pm |
  20. Charlotte

I can just hear the nasty personal comments from the so called educated bunch. Ex: never mind you know what they will say.

April 6, 2008 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  21. Heidi

"And that is another difference, you know how long it takes me to get ready than my two opponents — I mean really just think about it," she joked. "I think I should get points for working as hard as I do plus the time it takes to get ready."
    +++++++++++

And thats what you come with after all that time of getting ready?

April 6, 2008 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  22. Noel Bynum, Winston Salem, NC

good for you hill!!

April 6, 2008 06:02 pm at 6:02 pm |
  23. zig

"It's 3am and the red phone is ringing in the White House. But the phone is going unanswered; the president is too busy doing her hair and makeup."

April 6, 2008 06:03 pm at 6:03 pm |
  24. Bob

I can imagine the campaign will have twist and turns if Hillary starts telling stories. Lying, crying and showing emotional is all her dramatic twist and turn to win the nomination.She says her experience is a qualifiction to run this country. See how this country is messed up with all the experienced people like Bush and Cheny. I feel it is better to have a new younger generation candidate even though they have less experience. Wake up to save this nation from Dynasty.

April 6, 2008 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  25. Voice of Reason

The only thing twisting and turning are your words, Clinton.

April 6, 2008 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |