April 7th, 2008

Clinton predicts more 'twists and turns'

Clinton campaigned in Montana Sunday.
Clinton campaigned in Montana Sunday.

MISSOULA, Montana (CNN) – Hillary Clinton on Sunday predicted “more twists and turns” in the primary battle with Barack Obama during a campaign event in Montana - one of the last two states to weigh in on the Democratic presidential race on June 3.

At a town hall meeting in Missoula, the senator from New York said the race is so close that “we don’t know how it is going to turn out.”

"This campaign has been exciting and incredibly energizing - for people all across the country - and I believe with all my heart that it is good for the Democratic Party to give the people of Montana a chance to vote in June, to have your vote counted and your voices heard," she also said.

While listing her credentials to be president, Clinton also said people vote for different reasons, including how a person looks or their hairstyle.

"And that is another difference, you know how long it takes me to get ready than my two opponents - I mean really just think about it," she joked. "I think I should get points for working as hard as I do plus the time it takes to get ready."

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. TheAntMan

Wow , how will she manage a 3am phone call if it takes her that much longer to get herself together? The implication is that a call at 3am is an emergency. Shouldn't she lose points for being so slow compared to the others, that is usually how contests work? Is this a statement on her planning and preparation skills?

April 6, 2008 06:05 pm at 6:05 pm |
  2. Tim Ohio

Obama can not win enough delegates to secure the nomination and should drop out of the race now, in the interest of party unity!

April 6, 2008 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |
  3. Joe

She's right. There are many twists and turns in the Downward Spiral.

April 6, 2008 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  4. L MIAMI FLORIDA

COUNT OUR FLORIDA VOTES ASAP !

NO HILLARY = NO VOTES

April 6, 2008 06:35 pm at 6:35 pm |
  5. Scott

Sounds like the Clinton machinery is gearing up for more mud slinging.
    I hope that the media checks all the stories that precipitate carefully, that is to say, expose any lies or embellishments.

April 6, 2008 06:36 pm at 6:36 pm |
  6. Jack

Hillary has a shot at winning Montana b/c even tho it's a state in the west, an area that Obama has done well in, Montana has a primary, not a discriminating caucus that suppresses voters....

April 6, 2008 06:37 pm at 6:37 pm |
  7. clinton

You are a disgusting person hillary.

April 6, 2008 06:38 pm at 6:38 pm |
  8. Bussta Brown

"More twists and turns". Sounds like the fabrication mill is preparing to crank up again.

April 6, 2008 06:38 pm at 6:38 pm |
  9. Ken, LA California

Get a Grip Clinton, drop out what are these twists and turns, we dont want to reveal your dump truck in a democratic primary, something that the republicans are waiting anciously for.

April 6, 2008 06:41 pm at 6:41 pm |
  10. v.ananthan

MEDIA IS NOT GIVING A FAIR CHANCE TO HILLARY....

SHE IS THE BEST CANDIDATE TO SOLVE THE PROBLEMS AND UNITE THE COUNTRY..

-Hillary 2008.

April 6, 2008 06:41 pm at 6:41 pm |
  11. SZ11

This race has been done for a long time. All we've been getting from the Clinton camp has been lies, lies, and more lies. I thought damage control had significance, but I guess not. They just keep digging themselves in.

April 6, 2008 06:42 pm at 6:42 pm |
  12. Libertine, Fort Myers

My stomach twists and turns when I think of her, Obama, or McCain as President.

Mabye Barr has something to offer that is credible!!

April 6, 2008 06:43 pm at 6:43 pm |
  13. Jack in ND

Hillary, everyone knows how it's going to turn out but you and your campaign.

That said, I'm glad you're still hanging on...between you and Rush's Operation Chaos, Obama is really raking in the dough.

April 6, 2008 06:43 pm at 6:43 pm |
  14. Vig

The way Hillary has been disadvantaged by the gender biased, male-dominated and controled media conglomerates, if she wins the nomination, it surely will be destiny calling . Mortal man cannot control the twists of fate.

April 6, 2008 06:44 pm at 6:44 pm |
  15. Kaywood Hopkins

So what we should vote for her cause she takes long to get her hair ready?!

I wonder how she can tie that to a 3am campaign ad?

April 6, 2008 06:44 pm at 6:44 pm |
  16. eric barthel

HILLARY LIAR LIAR READY ON DAY ONE LIAR LIAR
    OBAMA CASEY 2008

April 6, 2008 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  17. please post this-NC

She needs to not make the mistake most professional boxers make...get out while you still have your belt! I mean come on...she's trying to use the gender card to her advantage...but it is not advantageous to working women for Hilary to joke "I think I should get points for working as hard as I do plus the time it takes to get ready."

Is she running out of ideas since Penn is grounded?

April 6, 2008 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  18. james

better quit

April 6, 2008 06:48 pm at 6:48 pm |
  19. LB

Clearly Hillary is in denial but I suppose she is trying to spin the thinking of the voters.

I don't think she realizes that many of her planned strategies will disenfrachise voters... For example, the idea of counting the popular vote when many states have held caucuses vs primaries... which is why they all get broken down to delegates... and the delegates count equally... otherwise she is trying to create a way of valuing things that will make the voters in caucus states feel undermined.
    She wants to count TAINTED ELECTIONS IN MICHIGAN AND FLORIDA EVEN THOUGH SHE PUBLICLY, ON THE RECORD, STATED THAT THEY WOULD NOT COUNT FOR ANYTHING... VOTING AND CHOICE WERE SUPRESSED IN BOTH OF THOSE ELECTIONS AND THERE IS "NO WAY" THAT THEY SHOULD COUNT!!!
    If it were not to her advantage, she would never allow it and in fact would point out herself how legally challenging that would be. I feel that I could file a lawsuit questioning the legitmacy of her candidacy were she to try to bully the DNC and Obama campaign into giving any kind of preference to the tainted election. The election in Michigan was not counted, perhaps the judge recognized the voter supression and choice supression inherent in the election. I do not want a president shoved down my throat illegally and I feel that this is exactly what Hillary is trying to do.
    In my opinion she lacks integrity to such a degree that I cannot support her in any way and I will feel ashamed for her to become president. I also feel that there is no way an ex-president who was disbarred and impeached for LYING should be our First husband in the white house.
    Even if she could win, SHE SHOULD NOT WIN!!
    And I am ashamed that she is the woman who is coming closest to be our first female president but none of the women I know feel she is a good example for women or for leadership in general. She is certainly NOT someone I would want my daughter to live up to.
    My daughter appears to have far greater integrity than Senator Clinton... and I am grateful for that.

I place great hope for the future of our country in the american people with the leadership of President Obama!

April 6, 2008 06:48 pm at 6:48 pm |
  20. Realistic

Looks like all the twists and turns are in her campaign, and sharply downwards, i.e., getting caught in a half-dozen juicy fibs the last three weeks and having to disclose a serious conflict-of-interest of her chief strategist and finally sack him.

The way she puts out whoppers, Hillary should forget about the presidency and open a Burger King franchise.

April 6, 2008 06:49 pm at 6:49 pm |
  21. TiredoftheCrap

"And that is another difference, you know how long it takes me to get ready than my two opponents — I mean really just think about it," she joked. "I think I should get points for working as hard as I do plus the time it takes to get ready."

And the gender card yet again

April 6, 2008 06:51 pm at 6:51 pm |
  22. April in Texas

Twist and turns you say, so I guess we should expect more lies, mishaps, misspeaking and any other misses you happen to do?

Obama 08

April 6, 2008 06:51 pm at 6:51 pm |
  23. Sue, Greensboro, NC

Here's what I don't get. Why do we have to know every twist, turn, word, misstep, bathroom visit, about any of these candidates and every single person they ever knew? Can CNN and other so called news outlets just give the facts that are pertinent without all the grandstanding? You people (news outlets) are trying to fill the 24 hour time period, I realize, however this bombardment with so much irrelevant "what if this" and "what if that" and the "how will this effect tomorrow" is old, tired and boring. People don't care about the minutiae of any of these people. All we want to know are the facts about a candidate AS IT RELATES TO THEIR ABILITY TO RUN THIS GOVERNMENT. And truthfully, we are so distracted by the suppositions of the "radio host panels", other pundits opinions that the important items we need to know are left behind. Has everyone forgotten that we are at war? Stop this insane "newsmaking".

April 6, 2008 06:53 pm at 6:53 pm |
  24. Mike from Montana

I went to that rally to see her today. She was awesome. There were thousands of people there. Before that, I liked Obama and now I will be voting for Hillary on June 3. Go Hillary!

April 6, 2008 07:01 pm at 7:01 pm |
  25. for Hillary

She is a mess. I voted for her, but I can read the writing on the wall.

What a disaster. I wouldn't let her run my KITCHEN.

April 6, 2008 07:01 pm at 7:01 pm |