April 7th, 2008

Clinton predicts more 'twists and turns'

Clinton campaigned in Montana Sunday.
Clinton campaigned in Montana Sunday.

MISSOULA, Montana (CNN) – Hillary Clinton on Sunday predicted “more twists and turns” in the primary battle with Barack Obama during a campaign event in Montana - one of the last two states to weigh in on the Democratic presidential race on June 3.

At a town hall meeting in Missoula, the senator from New York said the race is so close that “we don’t know how it is going to turn out.”

"This campaign has been exciting and incredibly energizing - for people all across the country - and I believe with all my heart that it is good for the Democratic Party to give the people of Montana a chance to vote in June, to have your vote counted and your voices heard," she also said.

While listing her credentials to be president, Clinton also said people vote for different reasons, including how a person looks or their hairstyle.

"And that is another difference, you know how long it takes me to get ready than my two opponents - I mean really just think about it," she joked. "I think I should get points for working as hard as I do plus the time it takes to get ready."

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Go Obama!

She is nuts!

Whatever, Miss!

April 6, 2008 07:01 pm at 7:01 pm |
  2. Dave

Sounds like Hillary's got some dirty tricks up her sleeves.

April 6, 2008 07:02 pm at 7:02 pm |
  3. Judith D Ridley-Robert

If she want points for her attire, she should re-think those pants suite she wears becasue they are not all that attractive.

April 6, 2008 07:03 pm at 7:03 pm |
  4. don

If she has to take so much time to get ready, won't this distract her from the job in the White House? lol

April 6, 2008 07:03 pm at 7:03 pm |
  5. Dem

Margret Thatcher never played the gender card.

April 6, 2008 07:03 pm at 7:03 pm |
  6. John G, New York, NY

Hmmmm...

I'm not confident that the primary battle with naturally have "more twists and turns" as a result of the voters having their say. Instead, I foresee that the Clinton machine will do everything in its power to introduce more "twists and turns" in this campaign than a clown making balloon animals at a kid's birthday party.

April 6, 2008 07:03 pm at 7:03 pm |
  7. MP

Is she saying she should win the nomination because its takes her longer to get ready in the morning? I guess sexism is wrong unless its in her favor. Vote for me women of the world because you know how hard it is getting ready to go to work. How did she get ready so fast to take that 3am call on the economy?

April 6, 2008 07:03 pm at 7:03 pm |
  8. Christi in Canada

I think the world is looking for real change and Obama is liked around the world more than the other candidates.

That said, Hillary would be people's second choice – no question about it. I just hope her "twists and turns" don't amount to more kitchen sink tactics. It will hurt her in the end.

Its not only the US that is suffering from the fatigue of war – we are all tired of the US "crying wolf" – we are starting not to listen any more. Your president is a joke – and electing McCain will only continue the downward fall in your international reputation.

April 6, 2008 07:04 pm at 7:04 pm |
  9. Judith D Ridley-Robert

April 6, 2008 07:04 pm at 7:04 pm |
  10. Clinton now Obama

THE ONLY TWIST IS HILLARY TWISTING OUT OF ALL THE LIES THAT SHE HAS TOLD IN THIS CAMPAIGN.

April 6, 2008 07:05 pm at 7:05 pm |
  11. LD

Hillary, you need to quit beause you are too exagerate in this race and lie too much. We don't need another Clinton in the White House. Please, go home.

April 6, 2008 07:05 pm at 7:05 pm |
  12. Nan

I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican; therefore, as an Independent I have no allegiance to either party. In truth, I have voted in many presidential primaries and subsequent general elections.

This presidential cycle marks the first time that I have voted for a Democratic candidate.

I voted for Barack Obama in both the Texas primary and caucus because I believe in his candidacy for a myriad of reasons.

However, I will not vote for a Democrat in the general election if Senator Obama looses the party nomination due to poor party leadership and unethical backroom dealings.

In fact, I will not vote for Hillary Clinton under ANY circumstances!

April 6, 2008 07:06 pm at 7:06 pm |
  13. Sean Deason

It's 3 a.m. and the phone is ringing in the white house, but Hillary can't answer it just yet, she has to put her makeup on and do her hair first...

April 6, 2008 07:06 pm at 7:06 pm |
  14. Ready on day 37

You know people, I've been thinking about it, and I really think we shouldn't be so hard on Hillary Clinton for not speaking the truth about the Bosnia sniper fire, the Ohio hospital story, and all of the other times the truth has gotten in her way. We must remember that she is a Clinton, and the Clintons are never to blame.

No, we should instead blame the truth for trying to get in the way of the inevitable Hillary Clinton nomination. How dare the truth try to steal this nomination from Mrs. Rodham Clinton? The truth clearly hates women, hates white people, is a naive hopemonger, and is undemocratic. The truth also fails to understand that Hillary Clinton is the only one who is ready on day one, and the only one who can pick up the phone at 3 AM to deal with the evil banks foreclosing on people's homes after standard banking hours.

The truth had no right getting involved in the Democratic nomination, because the truth is not even a Democrat, nor is the truth from a big blue state, nor is the truth a pro-Clinton superdelegate. The truth is nothing more than another Judas like Bill Richardson. The truth is nothing more than a John McCain supporter who happens to be a member of the vast right wing conspiracy against Hillary Clinton.

We must not allow the truth to get in the way of Hillary Clinton. If there is anything the Clintons have taught us, it is that the truth is wrong. We must not let the truth win.

Screw the truth. After all, if the truth is against you, why should you speak the truth? That would be like selling out to the Republicans.

Hillary Clinton '08

April 6, 2008 07:08 pm at 7:08 pm |
  15. Anonymous

How many times she told America things that are absolutely wrong?
    These shows that Hillary can't be the next president of USA.
    Please just tell as the truth until you will out of the res.

April 6, 2008 07:11 pm at 7:11 pm |
  16. sivananthi

THE MEDIA HAS THE MORAL OBLIGATION TO TREAT BOTH CANDIDATE EQUALLY AND ASK SERIOUS QUESTIONS TO BOTH CANDIDATES ....

NOT JUST SHOWING HILLARY AS A BAD PERSON ALL THE TIME AND WORSHIPPING OBAMA AS A SAINT...

-Hillary 08.

April 6, 2008 07:12 pm at 7:12 pm |
  17. laura b. (D-GA)

Hillary, you lost. Get over it!!!

April 6, 2008 07:24 pm at 7:24 pm |
  18. Anette

Obama camp Battle stations battle stations.!!!

She's got something up her sleves. Believe that.

April 6, 2008 07:24 pm at 7:24 pm |
  19. Cheer

She cannot control her husband, her chief strategist, and even her own mouth! How can anyone believe that she is ready on day one?

She cannot even run a credible campaign! Where is her "experience?"

April 6, 2008 07:26 pm at 7:26 pm |
  20. Ed

Prediction:
    Hillary tells a typical lie,
    Barack tells a lie,
    Hillary tells a lie,
    Barack tells a lie.

The truth. They are both liars.

April 6, 2008 07:30 pm at 7:30 pm |
  21. Gretta

She and her supposed campaign are truly miserable.

April 6, 2008 07:30 pm at 7:30 pm |
  22. Enrique

Hillary has had to admit to another fabricated story and her chief strategist has left the campaign. I'd say that the next turn for her is out of this race.

April 6, 2008 07:32 pm at 7:32 pm |
  23. Patricia

Since when did we rate Presidential Candidates by how long it takes to get yourself presentable in the morning? Give me a break!

April 6, 2008 07:40 pm at 7:40 pm |
  24. Anonymous

I'm voting based on hairstyle.

April 6, 2008 07:42 pm at 7:42 pm |
  25. Bob Fitrakis

No Bush third term! Enough with Dynasties and foreign goverments connections!

April 6, 2008 07:43 pm at 7:43 pm |