April 7th, 2008

Clinton predicts more 'twists and turns'

Clinton campaigned in Montana Sunday.
Clinton campaigned in Montana Sunday.

MISSOULA, Montana (CNN) – Hillary Clinton on Sunday predicted “more twists and turns” in the primary battle with Barack Obama during a campaign event in Montana - one of the last two states to weigh in on the Democratic presidential race on June 3.

At a town hall meeting in Missoula, the senator from New York said the race is so close that “we don’t know how it is going to turn out.”

"This campaign has been exciting and incredibly energizing - for people all across the country - and I believe with all my heart that it is good for the Democratic Party to give the people of Montana a chance to vote in June, to have your vote counted and your voices heard," she also said.

While listing her credentials to be president, Clinton also said people vote for different reasons, including how a person looks or their hairstyle.

"And that is another difference, you know how long it takes me to get ready than my two opponents - I mean really just think about it," she joked. "I think I should get points for working as hard as I do plus the time it takes to get ready."

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Redwood City, CA

Hillary...don't quit your day job...you are NOT a comedian.

April 6, 2008 07:43 pm at 7:43 pm |
  2. carol

Hillary, tell me how my son is coming home from Iraq. Please stop this nonsense!

April 6, 2008 07:45 pm at 7:45 pm |
  3. Ash

Does she also predict that she will continue to LIE and MANIPULATE?!?

April 6, 2008 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  4. Shannon, Charlottesville, Virginia

clinton has received more money from industry–defense, healthcare, insurance, financial, oil–than any other candidate, and she thinks she deserves points for her hairstyle? that poor $110 million victim.... she voted to allow my bank to charge up to 30% interest on my credit card, so she gets no props from me.

April 6, 2008 08:00 pm at 8:00 pm |
  5. Andrew Bynum

I have to say, she really isn't endearing enough to get away with the lame jokes she keeps telling. Maybe she should spend less time getting made up and more time fact-checking her stories.

April 6, 2008 08:00 pm at 8:00 pm |
  6. lt

Actually, the race isn't close and we know exactly how it will turn out. It's just a matter of how long it takes before we can finally nominate Obama.

April 6, 2008 08:01 pm at 8:01 pm |
  7. TruthChecker

"Twists and turns" of facts? Please spare us the fairy tales, Hillary.

April 6, 2008 08:02 pm at 8:02 pm |
  8. a. shock

I am so amzed by polls I saw today at how biased people are for having a woman president. Guess we must be still in the dark ages.

April 6, 2008 08:07 pm at 8:07 pm |
  9. carolinas

Mike:

Hillary is cautioning in advance about more twists and turns in the campaign. Means, more secretive and ugly tactics by her...?
    We are tired of her all these tactics, lies, distortion and specially exaggerating her little experience just aa a first lady. Hillary, please try to respect the party's rules and quit gracefully.

OBAMA 2008...!!!!!

April 6, 2008 08:07 pm at 8:07 pm |
  10. Allison Marie

Hang in there, don't worry about the "Old Boys Club" your our pick. Must have the voters in Florida in Michigan votes to count, otherwise we are in big trouble for a general.

Go Hillary Go!

Countless in Florida

April 6, 2008 08:10 pm at 8:10 pm |
  11. David

Her jokes arent funny. Her speeches are only about her her her.... Then some lame joke that gets only the fools laughing.

April 6, 2008 08:10 pm at 8:10 pm |
  12. justobserve

She can go out and act out her dream as long as she likes for our entertainment until the sunset . She is a talented actor. The only way she can win now is to cheat the voters.

April 6, 2008 08:10 pm at 8:10 pm |
  13. Karen

Wow, My brother is in Iraq and I am loosing my home Hillary..........

April 6, 2008 08:11 pm at 8:11 pm |
  14. Joyce in Florida

Senator Clinton, I truly believe in you. I sincerely hope that you don't give up and become our nominee for President. GO HILLARY 08!!!!!!!!!!

April 6, 2008 08:12 pm at 8:12 pm |
  15. carey

How a "person looks" or "hair style" here Clinton goes again with the coded speech of race and gender.......how desperate

April 6, 2008 08:12 pm at 8:12 pm |
  16. ATF

WHAT?? So she deserves the vote cause she needs more time to get ready to work?

I wanna see how far she goes with her antics!

April 6, 2008 08:12 pm at 8:12 pm |
  17. Lou

Wow...a shining example for feminists everywhere...is she really discussing how long it takes her to get ready compared to the men candidates?

April 6, 2008 08:14 pm at 8:14 pm |
  18. bhoho

I just want to throw up every time I see or here this woman.

April 6, 2008 08:14 pm at 8:14 pm |
  19. OR Voter

I guess she has to distract attention from the Penn situation, the inaccurate hospital story she's told in her stump speech, and the "mispeak" about sniper fire in Bosnia any way she can...

Whatever it takes...

OBAMA '08

April 6, 2008 08:15 pm at 8:15 pm |
  20. david

yes we know more attacks on Obama. nothing left for republicans to attack Obama. can anybody tell me how a candidate who is behind by 700,000 popular votes can win nomination. you have a long held ambition it is very hard to accept defeat. Replicans in PA are openly saying that that crosssed over to vote for Clinton to prolong the primary. that didnt become news here in CNN. so strange.

April 6, 2008 08:16 pm at 8:16 pm |
  21. Mario

SENATOR CLINTON, I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR LETTING OUR VOICE BEING HEARD, BUT WHAT I WANT MORE OF IS YOUR HONESTY.

HELP US MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION, WHY DID YOU LIE ABOUT BOSNIA, NAFTA, NEGATIVE CAMPAIGNING, IRAQ, AND INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE, AND WHY IS IT SO HARD TO ADMIT TO THE SO CALLED MISTAKES?

HOW IS IT BEING A CHRISTIAN THAT IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO EASY TO TELL THE UNTRUTH, I MEAN MISPEAK?

April 6, 2008 08:17 pm at 8:17 pm |
  22. John

I'm pretty sure it takes Mccain longer to comb his hair in the morning than it takes Hillary. McCain IS an actual war hero with genuine war experiences (including broken bones that now hamper his ability to raise his arms above his head), as opposed to the "snipper experiences" of a delusional presidential candidate.

April 6, 2008 08:19 pm at 8:19 pm |
  23. paul

Clinton predicts more "twists and turns", in other words, she'll continue throwing the kitchen sink at Obama, WWE-style, and see what sticks. Getting Bill and other surrogates to do the dirty work. framing Obama as the black candidate (or worse). Blaming the media for being unfair to her campaign and always "asking her the first question". Fighting against the "disenfranchisement" of Michigan and Florida primary voters at the same time she insists that all the pledged delegates produced by primaries and caucuses to date are up for grabs. Pretending that she had a substantive role in dealing with foreign leaders during Bill's administration. Making up stories to make herself look heroic. Claiming she has "fought for working men and women" for 35 years, when in fact many of those years were spent in the service of Wal-Mart Corporation, infamous for union-busting and buying cheap goods from China. And did she mention that she was a woman, all you female voters out there, nudge nudge? Hey, it's really unfair, isn't it! Maybe she'll cry again the day before the PA primary, for those who were slow to pick it up.

Then Bill will pitch in with his patented rants, Obama's opposition to the Iraq war was a fairy tale, Richardson promised him 5 times to his face he wouldn't endorse Obama, etc. More lies! But he was POTUS, so people pay attention.

Send this couple back to Arkansas already, where they belong.

April 6, 2008 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  24. Mike

How long will Hillary continue to coax for votes by using her gender, in reference to her comment about she should get points since she needs more time (as a woman) to get ready? Get real! On the Ellen Show, she brought up the gender card again stating that as a woman she needs to be strong and not be bullied out of the race. If Obama was to use the race card to justify his support, he would be criticized heavily and appear to be playing victim. I know that its tough for both to face the criticism and bigotry of being either a woman or non-caucasian in such an important process, but to play the victim only feeds into the bigotry and prejudice, in hopes to seek pity or support. Rather she should just stand strong and be transcendent like Obama....people stand behand those principles.

April 6, 2008 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  25. tim

Did we go through Bush presidency with some comic behind crime?

April 6, 2008 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |