April 7th, 2008

Clinton predicts more 'twists and turns'

Clinton campaigned in Montana Sunday.
Clinton campaigned in Montana Sunday.

MISSOULA, Montana (CNN) – Hillary Clinton on Sunday predicted “more twists and turns” in the primary battle with Barack Obama during a campaign event in Montana - one of the last two states to weigh in on the Democratic presidential race on June 3.

At a town hall meeting in Missoula, the senator from New York said the race is so close that “we don’t know how it is going to turn out.”

"This campaign has been exciting and incredibly energizing - for people all across the country - and I believe with all my heart that it is good for the Democratic Party to give the people of Montana a chance to vote in June, to have your vote counted and your voices heard," she also said.

While listing her credentials to be president, Clinton also said people vote for different reasons, including how a person looks or their hairstyle.

"And that is another difference, you know how long it takes me to get ready than my two opponents - I mean really just think about it," she joked. "I think I should get points for working as hard as I do plus the time it takes to get ready."

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Ron

America knows how the election will turn out. We also know it is not close at all. I'm wondering if Sen. Clinton can read the writing?

April 6, 2008 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  2. Zandex

Strange that she is predicting things done the road..seem to me that someone has some mischievous plans. Remember whenever you plot, try to dig another hole for yourself.

April 6, 2008 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  3. Debra, PA

Why yes, I can image that it takes a great deal of time to come up with all those stories you tell. I'll bet it took quite some time to come up with the NAFTA story. And the Iraq story. Probably longer than it took to come up with the Bosnia story.

And now that Mark Penn "resigned" but continues to provide the Clinton campaign with polls and advice, how long is it going to take to come up with a story as to why he's still working for the Clinton campaign even though he sort of, kind of, resigned?

April 6, 2008 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  4. Tommy in St. Louis

Did she really say she shook MLK Jr's hand? If she really said this, and it turns out not to be true (which is wh at I would expect), then her campaign is done for good. And not a moment too soon.

April 6, 2008 08:23 pm at 8:23 pm |
  5. Zandex

Strange that she is predicting things down the road..seem to me that someone has some mischievous plans. Remember whenever you plot, try to dig another hole for yourself.

April 6, 2008 08:23 pm at 8:23 pm |
  6. Dave from SC

Hillary is right. There will be twists and turns. It's her nature to be ellusive about everything she is and does. It is really bad that the first serious female presidential candidate is sooooooo evil and has established the worst example possible for any presidential candidate. Many women view this woman as possitive for the women's movement. But in reality, Hillary has shown over and over again that she is it for herself. The next woman candidate who run for our nation's highest office will have to distance herself from Senator Clinton or else she will doomed as the candidate who affiliates with liars and cheaters.

April 6, 2008 08:24 pm at 8:24 pm |
  7. Eileen from Portland, Maine

We hear you loud and clear Mrs. CLinton.
    How long did it take you and your advisors to put this charged phrase together?

April 6, 2008 08:25 pm at 8:25 pm |
  8. gloria pitman

uou are funny hillary crack a few more like that and liven uo the party. you have a good sence of humor, you sure made me laugh. go hillary you can win. love gloria

April 6, 2008 08:25 pm at 8:25 pm |
  9. hairstylist

Yea give HIllary delegates because she has to do her hair... right. Must be hard looking that good wile ducking sniper fire!

April 6, 2008 08:25 pm at 8:25 pm |
  10. Independent in AZ

I predict the only twist and turn will be the continued straight line path of Obama getting the nomination.

April 6, 2008 08:26 pm at 8:26 pm |
  11. Mark Webb

Mrs. Clinton continues forward, despite being caught lying, despite NAFTA and the Penn-Colombia scandal. She will continue until she completely spoils any chance for the probable Democrat nominee to win in November. She is simply shameless.

April 6, 2008 08:26 pm at 8:26 pm |
  12. Rogan McGillis

Hilary Clinton should leave Montana and never go back.. the state of Montana has to much integrity and works to hard to listen to her deceitful rhetoric. She will probably give some rediculous speach about how she supports the hard working Montanans and their struggle against unfair trade agreements with Canada or some rediculous nonsense just to stab them in the back as soon as the Clintons no longer have any need for the states voters..

April 6, 2008 08:26 pm at 8:26 pm |
  13. Candy

This woman is obviously delusional. Plus she has no scruples. Twists and turns? She thinks she's writing a novel? For heaven's sake, the future of America is at stake here. She really wants to be responsible for putting Bush III in office?

April 6, 2008 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  14. Cece

Like I was saying, Hillary would never play the gender card.

Cece, Nebraska

April 6, 2008 08:28 pm at 8:28 pm |
  15. A.M. Saqib

No! I strongly disagree with 'Hillary Clinton'; the race will be over lot sooner than 'Montana' primary. She is playing a 'bluff' as usual to show a that she is so close to Barak Obama., in fact she is not.

'Obama' is way ahead, and he will be the 'nominee' for sure.

A.M. Saqib
    Houston, Texas

April 6, 2008 08:28 pm at 8:28 pm |
  16. Jason

Just go away, Please!

April 6, 2008 08:28 pm at 8:28 pm |
  17. James from Michigan

Obama leads Clinton by 143 delegates and by 700,000 in popular vote and by 15 states. How is that close?

April 6, 2008 08:29 pm at 8:29 pm |
  18. Kevin

Is this lady for real? She want extra points for getting her hair done? She should do Ameria and the world a favor and dope out of the race. She cry too much, if she is the US President I can see her crying to Russia.

April 6, 2008 08:30 pm at 8:30 pm |
  19. jlu2thdr

Yeah, it takes a lot of energy to come of with the lie of the day, and who's going to tell it.

April 6, 2008 08:32 pm at 8:32 pm |
  20. tammie

Clinton just needs to go already. She is only making a bigger fool of herself as the days go by.

April 6, 2008 08:35 pm at 8:35 pm |
  21. jayjay

I just want to point out politicians misspoke all the time. So, stop picking on Hillary. There are indeed millions of people in America who were denied medical treatment because they couldn't afford insurance. Why can't we just focus on the whole issue instead of knit picking? In addition, Obama misspoke all the time, his relationship with Rezko? How he came to America because of the Kennedys? Stop picking on HIllary. HILLARY '08

April 6, 2008 08:36 pm at 8:36 pm |
  22. Mary WA

And this is a good thing? She calls herself a feminist–or is it Rocky? Who is this women?

April 6, 2008 08:36 pm at 8:36 pm |
  23. Surafel Melaku

Cheap shot! We know you are a woman; you don’t have to remind us, how long it takes you to get ready or such woman case! I’m sure there are a lot of woman who are offended by you behavior and/or comment. You show weakness, self-centered, manipulative behavior. Be strong and talk about the issues instead of saying a woman president will be a big change! Guess what?! An African American will be a really big change too! Don’t be fool Clinton, Obama will not take a stage and say “An African American president will be a big change so vote for me” he is smarter than. Clinton what to play race card so bad!

April 6, 2008 08:36 pm at 8:36 pm |
  24. DJ

I dont know just how much more of Billary I can stomach!

April 6, 2008 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |
  25. Fed Up

Its sad to see more misinformed folks in Montana!
    I swear some Hillary supporters are just plain slowwww! Are you blind? Open yor eyes and look at all the lies and shady back door deals and did I mention LIES from the Hillary camp! Penn is no suprise Hillary backed Nafta of course Penn is in bed with Columbia thats why this counrty is in trouble too many people (lobbyist) got their hands in what happens in the white house! Obama is the only man who is not taking their money he will make the right decision for the American people! I admit – At first glance I supported Hillary – Thank the lord I saw the light before it was too late. The truth is at your fingertips people LOOK! Hillary is not fit to be President she's caught in Several LIES! Penn is just another Stain!
    Vote for someone who has integrity and will do whats right for the American people – Obama!

April 6, 2008 08:41 pm at 8:41 pm |