April 7th, 2008

McCain raises $15 million in March

(CNN) - John McCain's campaign confirms to CNN that they raised roughly $15 million last month - his best month in more than a year. Final numbers have yet to be calculated.

Filed under: John McCain
  1. Tex

Gosh, even Hillary, raised more!

I do not think the Democrats are worried about raising money for November.
    Obama 08

April 7, 2008 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |
  2. Patriot

Compared to 20 million Clinton raised and 40 million Obama raised?

This guy just can't win.

April 7, 2008 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |
  3. Blake

Wow! Thats all that I can articulate.

April 7, 2008 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  4. Miguelito

Pathetic. The republicans are doomed.

April 7, 2008 05:27 pm at 5:27 pm |
  5. Liz, Springfield VA

As long as KARL ROVE is helping out the McCain campaign he won't get one red cent from me OR my vote!

April 7, 2008 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  6. Rom

15 millions from lobbyist and this guy pretends having a Health care while taking money from lobbyist

April 7, 2008 06:12 pm at 6:12 pm |
  7. John Dunham

People like myself are waiting till we see who our opponent is. He will raise MUCH more as soon as he needs it.

April 7, 2008 06:17 pm at 6:17 pm |
  8. Sal in Phoenix

It seems to me that he has plenty of time to raise money..Republicans are not yet motivated...once the opponent has been determined, you'll see them closing ranks and getting behind him in a big way...

April 7, 2008 06:17 pm at 6:17 pm |
  9. Jack in ND

""He became the presumptive nominee in early February, and in March only raised 15 million?""

You said the reason why in your own comment.

McCain has no primary battle to wage.

April 7, 2008 06:19 pm at 6:19 pm |
  10. GnosticMan

All the people who are deluded enough to think that McCain has a chance against either Hillary or Obama are drinking drano. This guy is the most lame duck republican candidate I have ever seen. He's even lamer than Kerry was against Bush. He is going down and I am going to win a $20 bet!!!!!!!!

April 7, 2008 06:24 pm at 6:24 pm |
  11. Key West Sun

Not a McCain fan at all, but only raising 15 million , might be better than 40. When you don't owe something back for it,

April 7, 2008 06:26 pm at 6:26 pm |
  12. GnosticMan

People aren't going to pay Obama dollar level, and McCain is not going to get the Obama voter turnout unless he abandons his nonsense and consent to BRING THE BOYS BACK HOME!

April 7, 2008 06:49 pm at 6:49 pm |
  13. rjudy

I had to come to this ticker because cnn cuts off anything positive about Hillary.
    Condi Rice as VP, are you kidding me!!! She was National Security Advisor when our COUNTRY was attacked and they had the evidence to stop it(the memo she got from the CIA that B Laden wanted to fly jetliners into US buildings). This would have gotten ANYBODY FIRED!!
    I think our country is living "ALICE IN WONDERLAND"
    Barak Hussein Obama for PRESIDENT!!!? HIS CHURCH!!?
    This country is watching to much American Idol, except Obama and his wife are NO American Idols.

April 7, 2008 06:55 pm at 6:55 pm |