April 8th, 2008

Rice dismisses VP rumors

Rice said Tuesday she's not interested in being McCain's running mate.
Rice said Tuesday she's not interested in being McCain's running mate.

(CNN) - Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice dismissed rumors on Tuesday she is angling to be John McCain's running mate, telling reporters she plans to head back to Stanford University.

"I very much look forward to watching this campaign and voting as a voter," she said. "I have a lot of work to do and then I'll happily go back to Stanford."

Rice served as Provost at Stanford from 1993-1999, and remains a tenured professor there.

"Senator McCain is an extraordinary American," Rice also said of the presumptive Republican nominee. "A really outstanding leader and obviously a great patriot."

Full story

Filed under: Condoleezza Rice • John McCcain
  1. Christopher W. Mannoia

Dr. Rice would be an awesome Vice President. She is brilliant, non-political, and more experienced with our Middle Eastern (and whole Foreign Policy) issues than any of the other candidates.

We lose great people (i.e. Colin Powell) because they don't (and I agree with them) want their personal lives, families, past utterances, and any iota of of their past lives discussed, distorted, and attacked by the ridiculous political machine that dominates our system of chosing leaders.

Dr. Rice, General Powell and the rest of the great Americans who have done wonderful service to our country deserve better than that, and I applaud their decisions to stay above politics.

April 8, 2008 06:20 pm at 6:20 pm |
  2. L MIAMI FLORIDA

CONDI AND MICHELLE OBAMA BOTH GIVE ME THE CREEPS !

GO HILLARY !

April 8, 2008 06:26 pm at 6:26 pm |
  3. JF

For all the people that compare McCain to Bush – read some history and facts – not a good argument. I would suggest something more logical for the presidential race – I don't think Obama has a chance anyway but this kind of argument that can be so easily contradicted is not going to help. I actually thouht people were exaggerating when they said Obama supporters could not make logical arguments and were just a cult – well I see where they got the cult idea, the comments here look ridiculous.

April 8, 2008 06:38 pm at 6:38 pm |
  4. xddy4u

Whom ever he picks better be good. All Howdy (McCain) Doody needs is a Bozo, and the team will be completed.

April 8, 2008 06:38 pm at 6:38 pm |
  5. Grace

Smart woman, she's heading back to Stanford.

April 8, 2008 06:44 pm at 6:44 pm |
  6. Condi's Great

She's bright, articulate, staid, and experienced.

April 8, 2008 06:54 pm at 6:54 pm |
  7. Grif

She is won't Be a VP for McCain... That's for Sure.... Maybe she wants to Back, Borack!!!
    She would have to go against the Majority of the Blacks, if she went for the VP position for THEGOP..???????????? McCain ... Not Sure! Still what do I know???

April 8, 2008 06:57 pm at 6:57 pm |
  8. NickNas

I think working UNDER a twit with only 1/100th of her IQ has been enough for ole Condi. Let her go back to Stanford so she can hang out with SMART people for a change.

McSame just may be as stupid as Bush!

April 8, 2008 07:19 pm at 7:19 pm |
  9. Robbin

For all of the comments about Condi splitting the black vote- ummm NOT! We hate seeing American Soldiers killed, Homes foreclosed, Gas prices at an astronomical rate, and the economy in shambles just like everyone else!!!! You think this doesn't affect us??? Why would we vote for a Bush puppet when we knew better than to vote for Bush the first 2 times? Please don't insult our intelligence

Obama '08 but will settle for Hillary!!!!!

April 8, 2008 07:26 pm at 7:26 pm |
  10. Job well done

Condi Rice has served her country very, very, well. I would like to see her in washington but, I understand why she would not want to. (to much of the Cronie net work)

Best of Luck to what ever she does in the future. She will go down in the books as one who served and not one that wanted to be served.

Thank You, Miss Rice!!
    Independant from Iowa

April 8, 2008 07:38 pm at 7:38 pm |
  11. Marie in California

Too bad Condi Rice won't run. The woman is totally brilliant and has awesome credentials. I think she'd make an excellent vice-president.....or president.

No Obamination in the Presidency!

Hillary or McCain – 2008

April 8, 2008 08:03 pm at 8:03 pm |
  12. Susah

mcsame has nothing on Rice she should be a president not a vp.

April 8, 2008 09:52 pm at 9:52 pm |