April 9th, 2008

Clinton: I have different attitude than my husband

Clinton campaigned in Pittsburgh Wednesday.
Clinton campaigned in Pittsburgh Wednesday.

(CNN) - Hillary Clinton said Wednesday she has long disagreed with her husband on issues of free trade.

"I have a long record of being on a different attitude toward trade than my husband does," she said in Pittsburgh. "I don't think any married couple I know agrees on everything. And we disagree on this."

Bill Clinton has indicated in the past he supports free trade with Colombia. The New York senator is now sharply critical of the measure and said she will work to see it is not authorized by Congress.

Asked Wednesday if she had talked about this issue with her husband, she said "we talk about everything."

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Anonymous

ofcourse Bill will be part of the policies,therefore the difference between Hillary and Bill equals zero.Stop your lies Hilly

April 9, 2008 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  2. Sally, Portland, OR

Do you talk about how long the cigars are in the Oval Office?

April 9, 2008 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  3. Burma

I am just sorry for her. She are ready say anything to get votes.
    I believe that one day she will say "I am not a woman, I am a man",

April 9, 2008 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  4. Obama will be President

Interesting Newsweek quote:

"No one can persuade Clinton to get out of the primary race. But by any metric imaginable, Obama has already won. The superdelegates aren't self-destructive enough to change that, and the sooner they line up behind Obama, the sooner Democrats can focus their fire on the real target: John McCain. Clinton can stick around, but the rest of the party will move on without her."

April 9, 2008 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  5. Dan

You discuss everything, eh?

I think there's a lot of things Bill doesn't discuss with you. We all found out about one of them right about the same time you did.

April 9, 2008 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  6. ds

Hillary can think on her own, independent from Bill.
    Obama can think on his own, independent from Wright.
    Neither should be expected to abandon their counterpart.

April 9, 2008 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  7. Jon, Pittsburgh, PA

Funny that Obama's supporters claim cleanliness on their side. Just funny is all. Others lie and play dirty but, not Obama. He'd never do that. Are you all on drugs or what?

April 9, 2008 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  8. Robin m

if you still support Hillary Clinton after everything that she and her team have done and everything that has come to light about thier actions then you deserve her because instead of caring about our country and it's future you prefer not to see the truth

April 9, 2008 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  9. mark

Well, Hillary's strongest supporters don't agree with her policy. But still they are campaigning for her. They want her to be in power. What for? Only one thing, I can see: power, which will bring everything else for them. Hillary is not a self made person rather a symbol of the establishment. Her closest allies support her not because they have a common principle, rather they have a common trait: greed for power, the great American power. Once you are in there, you can keep making money even after you are not in there.

I was a strong supporter of Bill. But seeing all these deceptions, I don't have any trust on Billary any more.

April 9, 2008 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  10. Not On Our Watch

Those lying demons are aging you Hil-LIAR-ry! There's an old dusty broom waiting for you to hop on, and fly away!

April 9, 2008 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  11. kathleen

They sold us down the river and they won't look back!!!!!!!!!!
    Just like she walked fast away when she lost a "small state"
    The Clinton's will never win and let's reestablish Clinton"s
    legacy, maybe He wasn't so great afterall. Maybe he was
    just in the right place at the right time. American are good,
    forgiving, wonderful people, and sometimes we are fooled.

April 9, 2008 03:47 pm at 3:47 pm |
  12. Alex H

Jon, Pittsburgh, PA – Yeah... that's a mature response.

April 9, 2008 03:48 pm at 3:48 pm |
  13. Ben, MD

She doesn't speak unless she lies! She is finished, she is out, it's over for her, she is just hurting the party and our nominee.

She should focus on issues and stop personal attacks (and fire attack dogs like Lanny Davis) if she wants to continue.

Obama '08

April 9, 2008 03:48 pm at 3:48 pm |
  14. Chuck

It appears that Obama is going to crush Hillary in NC. Perhaps by as much as 25+% points. This followed by a close race in PA and a split or small close win by Obama in Indiana. This race will be wrapped up for Obama following NC and Indiana. Whatever Hillary has to say at this point is mote and fruitless.

April 9, 2008 03:48 pm at 3:48 pm |
  15. Motov8n

Not This Time Billaries!!!!! You fired Penn now fire Wolfson he's for Fee-Trade too. The whole outfit is CORRUPT!!!! Oh, and by the way – NC don't care a lot for John Edwards either, POLL THAT!!!!

April 9, 2008 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  16. Bit, Alabama

Whatever!

April 9, 2008 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  17. David

That's the way it goes.
    We know thr tricks now.

April 9, 2008 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  18. Jem L

Well let me think, if eight hundred grand of my family's wealth came from these type of trade pack I too would be between a rock and a hard place and talk out of one side of my mouth.

April 9, 2008 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  19. hello

how about Michelle Obama who loves this country?

April 9, 2008 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  20. Frank, Missouri

Whatever is convenient today, Hillary.

April 9, 2008 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  21. josea

More lies? Does this ever end? Will she send back the $800,000 the Clintons have been paid for shilling on behalf of this deals supporters ? Didn't think so. The only reason the Clintons arestill in the campaign is to collect thier 5 million back their financial supporters. Lame!

April 9, 2008 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  22. hello

I think media has to find all videos of Obama sitting in his pastor's church and catch him, from nodding his head in accepting all his preaching.

April 9, 2008 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  23. Millions

Yes I can see it now, Hillary is elected president and Bill is now incharge of trade and foreign relations.

April 9, 2008 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  24. Derrick, Atlanta GA

Sure you differ from him when it is a political inconvenience, but on the campaign trail you sure do remind voters how great it was in the 90's and tout how much experience you gained from that era. Personally, I believe that Bill Clinton was and would be a far better president than Billary, oops I mean, Hillary Clinton would ever be.

April 9, 2008 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  25. Chuck in Oregon

Yes I believe you Hillary. Your against NAFTA while your husband takes 800K from a Columbian firm to promote NAFTA? Your against NAFTA when you touted it only because your husband signed the bill but you had reservations? Hmm.... that sounds believable. Sure, I think I can, maybe, well I'm not sure... NOT!

April 9, 2008 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |