April 9th, 2008

Clinton: I have different attitude than my husband

Clinton campaigned in Pittsburgh Wednesday.
Clinton campaigned in Pittsburgh Wednesday.

(CNN) - Hillary Clinton said Wednesday she has long disagreed with her husband on issues of free trade.

"I have a long record of being on a different attitude toward trade than my husband does," she said in Pittsburgh. "I don't think any married couple I know agrees on everything. And we disagree on this."

Bill Clinton has indicated in the past he supports free trade with Colombia. The New York senator is now sharply critical of the measure and said she will work to see it is not authorized by Congress.

Asked Wednesday if she had talked about this issue with her husband, she said "we talk about everything."

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Political Jonze

So married couples don't agree on everything, however Pastors and clergy are considered lockstep?

April 9, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  2. don

naaaaaaah, I don't believe that. If Obama is like his pastor, can't be different than his pastor after 20 years in the church, how can you have different views than Bill?

Oh, I forgot, only if it's to convince the voters to go your way.

April 9, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  3. Keep Going Hillary

Obamaniacs are so NASTY – makes me think they ALL grew up in hate-filled churches

April 9, 2008 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  4. Disbelief in Pittsburgh

Is this another Hillary lie? What can we believe from this politician?

April 9, 2008 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  5. Hillary-ious

Hmmm, then why is there so much video of her praising NAFTA in the 90's?

Flip, flop, flip, flop, flip, flop, flip, flop.....

April 9, 2008 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  6. Mcpoke

Wait...doesn't she complete a "joint return" on her taxes with Bill?
    Did she not know where that $800, 000 came from and why?

Just how much longer does she plan on insulting the intelligence of the American people?

April 9, 2008 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  7. Michael Guinn- Ventura, CA

I'm an Obama supporter, and I agree with Hillary on this one.
    Stop hating folks! We're all Democrats!

April 9, 2008 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  8. Jack

I agree, t5hey are different people, and people liked Bill for a few good reasons. Hillary on the other hand.....

April 9, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  9. Harrison

If this is true, then all the Hillary fans should stop using Bill to reference how the economy will be once she is in office

April 9, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  10. voice that matters

How can we believe you Hillary when you champion NAFTA DEAL you documnet proved it.

Oh elizabeth supported your health care plan.

You guys are rich, not knowing how poor people manage their lives you should go down to their level for better understanding.
    They simply can't afford it period Elizabeth open your eyes and ears
    You can not force people to purchase healthcare plans that they can't afford.

Stick your mouth out of this issues, if it will work it would have worked for your Edward.

I know Rich people always support richer people. You guys made millions of dollars from law firm suing government fabricating laws, lies to get your cases won. I know you don't care about people who couldn't survive cancer surgeries like you. Oh! you think they don't like to live, yes they like to survive like , but they don't have money to buy expensive health care.

Thank you very much, please as a person you have all right to support whoever you desire. We pray for you and other who suffer the same disease cancer.
    You should learn to support someone who is new and not the same old folks that do the same stuff and expecting different results.

April 9, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  11. fred

here's the deal. why do people continue to say that an Obama/Clinton or Clinton/obama ticket would be a dream team. Hillary has consistently stated that Obama would not make a good president. However, The vice President needs to be able to step in and take over in case the president cannot do the duty. so, lets think about this. If Hillary somehow wins the nomination and choses Obama as a running mate thenwe no her to be a lier and only looking out for her best interest. Because how can you claim over and over again that Obama is not ready from day One to be president to saying oh now he could be president. She would prove that she is lying only to get into the White House. Sorry to say this but Hillary is only using the joint ticket in order to steal the nomination. Wake up Hillary supporters and get some common sense.

April 9, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  12. Veronica

So, why can't people get it through their heads that Obama and Rev. Wright are two different people?

April 9, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  13. Brendan D, Niles, IL

If Hillary is her own person, why does she continue talking with such longing about the easier times we had under her husband?

April 9, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  14. I supported HRC because of Bill

Hillary, now you find it convenient to distance yourself from Bill. In the first place you were riding his coat tail and your candidacy is based on his credentials.
    Now that you're running on your own person – and you have none – you can forget about my vote and millions of others that have been hoping Bill comes back to the WH.

April 9, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  15. The truth hurts

Ok so if she is so different, then why are HRC supporters attaching her to the Clinton years as president? Prosperity and Peace were Bills years – right, not her's? Let's examine her record as a New York senator – my bad her record is horrible as a NY senator. Disagree – show me facts.

April 9, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  16. Cynthia

If you believe that I have some swamp land in Alabama that I want to sell you.

April 9, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  17. Karen

Right, I really believe that. Especially since on any important issue in Bill's White House, Bill would say, "run that past Hillary."

April 9, 2008 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |
  18. Cornel

did he tell you about monica and all the other relations????

April 9, 2008 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |
  19. Cayman Islands

Great I am glad there is a lot of open communication between the Clintons. They should be discussing their retirement plans as there is no way they are getting back into the Whitehouse.

I am sure you could retire to the Cayman Islands where your tax shelter is waiting for you!

April 9, 2008 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |
  20. Eric

Her and her husband talk about everything huh....how about that 900 pound gorilla over there in the corner...still talk about her?

April 9, 2008 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |
  21. bill from pa

She is her own person. The person that put Mark Penn in charge of her campaign, fired him, then let him stay on. She's a true leader, she brought peace to Ireland, dodged sniper fire, and can feel the pain of that poor person in Ohio that didn't have the 100.00 for medical treatment. She's a legend in her own mind.

NO MORE CLINTONS OR BUSHES.

April 9, 2008 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |
  22. Dave

Sorry Hillary, we don't believe you. You are in deep deep crap for this one. Our labor unions in PA is 800,000 strong!!! We will have the final word.

April 9, 2008 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  23. dethier

I don`t see how Mr. Obama would want to be on the same ticket with Mrs. Clinton after the things she`s said about him. These Clintons are nasty. I certainly have lost my respect for her.

April 9, 2008 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  24. Alex H

Yeah, but here's the difference. Dubai ring a bell??? Bill makes barrels of cash while you stand the high ground for political means??? I DON'T THINK SO! It doesn't work that way! You two are a team and you're not fooling me! You can't have it both ways!

If we're going to criticize Michelle Obama about her supposed lack of patriotism then we're going to criticize Bill for his lobbying and crooked deals. It reflects on you too!

April 9, 2008 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  25. fred

You tell them Hillary!!

You are going to be a GREAT PRESIDENT IN 2009!!

Hillary 08!!