April 9th, 2008

Clinton: I have different attitude than my husband

Clinton campaigned in Pittsburgh Wednesday.
Clinton campaigned in Pittsburgh Wednesday.

(CNN) - Hillary Clinton said Wednesday she has long disagreed with her husband on issues of free trade.

"I have a long record of being on a different attitude toward trade than my husband does," she said in Pittsburgh. "I don't think any married couple I know agrees on everything. And we disagree on this."

Bill Clinton has indicated in the past he supports free trade with Colombia. The New York senator is now sharply critical of the measure and said she will work to see it is not authorized by Congress.

Asked Wednesday if she had talked about this issue with her husband, she said "we talk about everything."

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. gerard morei

This is the fifth comment I place in CNN today, and in most of then I was the first one to placed, and all off them still awaiting moderation. CNN you descriminating against Latinos that are pro Clinton, and 75% of the latino community supports Hillary. I know another 3 hours of awaiting moderation.
    HILLARY CLINTON FOR PRESIDENT 2009!!!!!!!

April 9, 2008 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  2. Sharlene

How can everyone not see the patten of lies here?

The exaggerated stories, the sniper fire, the claims that she knew nothing about Penn and his trade connection and knowing that Bill got so so so much money from promoting the Columbia Trade Deal.

I say if Penn had to step down because of his ties, why not Bill?

I was once a Clinton supporter but she is just not trustworthy. Too many secrets and behind the scene connections.

April 9, 2008 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  3. SayNoToHillaryBillaryCheslaryClintrous

Don't Trust this woman she is trying to cover Mark Penn problem. She does not disagree with her husband on anything, this two are the most crooked people in the face of the earth. That is why we call them the clintons,. There is a saying you fool me once shame on you. You fool me twice shame on me, so they fooled voters in Ohio, but they are not going to fool the voters in pennsilvania.

April 9, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  4. Roy Arellano (San Antonio)

And the hipocracy continues, oh she's her own person on her views, which differ from her HUSBAND's which she claims to have had much influence in during his presidency??? YET, Obama, is not his own person on different plains from Pastor Wright.

I hope you also don't claim to be Christians as well.

April 9, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  5. Mike D

yeah that's why you hired a shady trade deal lobbyist as your CHEIF CAMPAIGN STRATEGIST

April 9, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  6. Quinn Lacy

How can u claim to have never been a fan of something that u have sat in quiet support of for the better part of 15 years. She didn't start disagreeing with the trade policies until she stated running for the White House. Another example of why you cant trust Hillary.
    Obama/Richardson 08

April 9, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  7. Chinwe GA

Hillary come on stop playing people. Here comes another lie.
    What of the vidoe that show you and your husband when your husband was the president that you supported free trade.
    Now you are saying something different so that people will vote for you. Please HILLARY say the TRUTH and THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE. GOD DOES NOT LIKE A PERSON THAT LIE. If you say the truth GOD WILL FORGIVE YOU and may people will vote for you because of your truth.
    GOD BLESS USA AND OBAMA
    OBAMA 08 we need some one like OBAMA.
    We are tired of BUSH CLITON. IS the wihtehouse might for you and your husband. Young kids are even saying they want OBAMA.
    GOOD JOB OBAMA my childern are always tell me when I ask them can you do this Do you know what they tell me YES I CAN MUMMY don't forget what OBAMA always says YES WE CAN.
    Talk you very much OBAMA FOR MAKING my kids know that they can do any thing in this world.

April 9, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  8. Jerry from Oregon

but Hillary still expects to get full credit for everything good that came out of Bill's White House.

April 9, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  9. Mike

Hillary and Bill have different points of view. He apparently likes brunetts.

April 9, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  10. Sue from Ga.

They talk about everything with a wink-wink. If this is what she believes, why in the WORLD would she have Wolfson, Penn and Bill on her staff. This has all the appearnce of a double standarD. She tells you one thing and then the truth comes out. The only reason this has come out today was because earlier this morning in the WSJ there was a report of Bills stance and proof that he was in Columbia in 2005 where he clearly stated that he was for this trade agreement. Had not the WSJ found this article, you can bet your boots the Clinton camp would not be coming out now to publicly say they have a difference of opinion. Watch out Pa. unions and trade workers. You elect her and all your jobs will be in Columbia next! This candidate has no business being the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. I would love to see a woman in the White House, JUST NOT THIS WOMAN.

April 9, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  11. Who Chopped Down The Cherry Tree?

This just in:

We think Hillary Clinton chopped down that famous cherry tree. It wasn't George Washington, after all. When asked if she chopped down the tree, she said, "I can not tell a lie (today), but did you see me chop it down?".

"Well no," the interview replied.

"Well then, it wasn't me. I think it was Barack, as far as I know".

April 9, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  12. Debbie

Hillary and Bill are not liars...as far as I know.

Obama 08

April 9, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  13. Lisa

Really? how would I know she is telling the truth? She has lied on so many important issues lately, that one no longer knows where she stand. I might jubilating that she is against the whole free trade deal, while further investigations are going on to prove that she has lied....again.
    Although it is great to know that so far, or recently, she is against free trade. After all she is still a candidate, and although the odds are against her, she might still become the next president of the USA.
    If only I could trust her...

April 9, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  14. Tobias

Senator Clinton is well spoken and well qualified. She should be the next president. We need someone capable of bringing this country back to where it should be. Obama is nothing more then an empty suit, liar and hypocrite who has no chance of winning in November. Vote Clinton!!

April 9, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  15. Independent

Clinton: "What do you want to hear? I will say whatever you want to hear! Just let me be president so that I can have the power and make some money. Thanks!"

April 9, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  16. Oh! The Irony

Great timing Hillary. You better distance yourself from Bill's pro-NAFTA stance and Penn's negotiating. I hate Clinton politics. I would never vote for him, but I think McCain is more of a straight talker than her.

April 9, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  17. carolflowery

Basically, it just looks like to me a lot of men just dont want a female to run this country, she has faced way more negativity from cnn than obama could do if it was negative about him from here on out, it's sad

April 9, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  18. Anne

Ummm...haven't I been reading that it was the Clinton campaign rather that the Obama campaign that sent emissaries to Canada? Do I sense a trend here? Why yes, yes I do.

I suppose from Senator Clinton's perspective that the more the waters are muddied the less clearly the voters can see. This is not a position I favor.

She's giving me a headache.

April 9, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  19. obama 08

Talk about a conflict of interest! This is even worse than Mark Penn dealing with Colombia. If the situation was reversed and this was Obama and his spouse, can you just imagine what Hillary and Bill would be saying?

April 9, 2008 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  20. Danny

I agree with Hillary. My wife and I doesn't agree every things we have differences idea.

I don't think that Hillary going pick Obama to be VP because he not clear about Rev. Wright preacher yet.

Also, I don't think that Hillary want to be Obama VP because he doesn't have experiences to be a President.

April 9, 2008 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  21. David

oh man, do you really think we are going to fall for this? the two of you Illuminati fools have the same agenda.

April 9, 2008 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  22. Mike

It is about time she starts talking about how she is different than Bill Clinton... tired of reading all of the blogs calling her "Billary"!!!

Start judging her on her record not Bill Clinton's record... it is sad that many of you are holding her or even Obama accountable for other people's comments or actions...

It is great that John Edwards wife endorsed her healthcare plan... maybe he is about to do the same...

April 9, 2008 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  23. Jim in FL

"I take full credit for the things he did good and the things that went well, but I disagree with him on the bad decisions and the things that didn't work out so well". Uhhhhh .... OK ?

April 9, 2008 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  24. Observer, Jacksonville, FL

It is all lies!! Remember the Bosnia sniper story?

April 9, 2008 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  25. Doug, Florida

Bill Cliknton collected $800,000 from Columbia for Speeches. No wonder she is fighting so hard to win the Presidency. They have all these people to pay back.

There is no free lunches in this world. The Clintons can't be trusted

THE CLINTONS CAN'T BE TRUSTED