April 9th, 2008

Pelosi again says joint ticket won't happen

Pelosi doesn't see a joint ticket with Clinton and Obama.
Pelosi doesn't see a joint ticket with Clinton and Obama.

(CNN) - A presidential ticket including both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama would surprise many political watchers, but none more so than House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

The California Democrat has repeatedly called such a ticket "impossible," and in an interview with mtvU student journalists Tuesday, she said flatly, "I don't see it."

"In this case, I don't see that as politically expedient," Pelosi said. "New York, Illinois…either one I believe are going to be strong Democratic states. I think it is up to the nominee to choose his or her vice presidential candidate."

Pelosi also seemed to suggest the two current Democratic presidential contenders wouldn't feel comfortable together on the same ticket.

"The person that is good is the person the presidential candidate feels comfortable with," she said, adding later, "I've just been involved in politics for a very long time and I just don't think that would be the ticket."

1. Jennifer

Who wants Obama on any ticket? Not me.

April 9, 2008 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  2. Paulinus, Canada

Headline: "Clintons split over Colombia's trade pact"

Hillary's attempt to defuse Mark Penn's blunder or should I say her blunder?

Come on Madame Clinton, we are not fools. You fooled the people from Ohio and Texas and now you are trying to fool the people in Pennsylvania. You are in it with Bill.

April 9, 2008 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  3. Paula in WI

Goos because Obama doesn't need anyone untrustworthy on his ticket!!

April 9, 2008 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  4. C. Doubek

Senator Clinton will be LUCKY to win the New York senate election next time around . The Clinton and Bush names . HISTORY.

April 9, 2008 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  5. stlouis typicl white male

I am for Hillary but I would still vote for McCain if Obama was anywhere near working in the White House.... he's scary and doesn't have anything of major accomplishment. Obama – clean up inner city Chicago first then maybe we'll talk (probably not).
    Hillary and Edwards (okay, I know Edwards doesn't want it but that would be a great ticket)

April 9, 2008 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  6. Steve, MN

I wil be so angry if Hillary is on that ticket. She does not deserve it, after her sad perfomance of a Democratic candidate. She needs her walking papers. I know Barack will be tempted to put her on the ticket, but I hope he doesn't do it. He will open himself up to scandals, lies and headache, after headache.

Don't do it Barack, you deserve better.

Obama 08