April 9th, 2008

Pelosi again says joint ticket won't happen

Pelosi doesn't see a joint ticket with Clinton and Obama.
Pelosi doesn't see a joint ticket with Clinton and Obama.

(CNN) - A presidential ticket including both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama would surprise many political watchers, but none more so than House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

The California Democrat has repeatedly called such a ticket "impossible," and in an interview with mtvU student journalists Tuesday, she said flatly, "I don't see it."

"In this case, I don't see that as politically expedient," Pelosi said. "New York, Illinois…either one I believe are going to be strong Democratic states. I think it is up to the nominee to choose his or her vice presidential candidate."

Pelosi also seemed to suggest the two current Democratic presidential contenders wouldn't feel comfortable together on the same ticket.

"The person that is good is the person the presidential candidate feels comfortable with," she said, adding later, "I've just been involved in politics for a very long time and I just don't think that would be the ticket."

1. fred

Thank God!!! I wouldn't want Obama on any ticket!!! Obama isn't fit to be dog catcher!!!

Go Hillary!!!

April 9, 2008 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  2. Charlotte

Shut up and do your job, impeach the Bush admin.

April 9, 2008 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  3. john

pelosi, STOP DIVIDING THE DEMOCRATS! i hope it happens. GO CNN

April 9, 2008 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  4. Amy in Iowa

This is a no-brainer. It is not going to happen because voters will not vote to let it happen. Hillary is too status quo and polarizing to be VP in a change election. Obama needs a VP who is a postive and unifying factor, like he is, in this election.

April 9, 2008 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  5. Mike

Why would HIlary want that anti-American sermon listening Obama on her ticket?

Hillary is the only true candidate. Unfortunately Obama is winning thanks to the kool-aid generation.

April 9, 2008 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  6. Bill Brown Dallas, TX

Of course it won't happen. Who wants third fiddle to Hillary and Bill? And why would Obama pick the candidate as a running mate with the highest negatives of any candidate in American history – esp. since he won't need help winning New York anyway?

April 9, 2008 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  7. prakash chand

Who the hell is Pelosi when her congress rating is 19% lower than George Bushs,.......give democrats abreak Pelosi.

Go do something in congress or shut up.

April 9, 2008 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  8. Sylvia

let the DNC have their puppet Obama
    Hillary needs to run as an independent and take it all!!!

April 9, 2008 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  9. Pete

I think Hillary would make a great vice-president!

April 9, 2008 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  10. Elisabeth

Maybe a ticket without Nancy Pelosi is more posible?

April 9, 2008 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  11. NObama

Of course it is immposible. No one with any intelligence wants Obama on any part of the ticket.

Pelosi is just trying to make herself relevant. Someone needs to go ahead and drop a house on her sister and splash her with water so she can fade away.

April 9, 2008 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  12. Dan in CO

She's right...again.

Choosing a running mate is a personal choice. And the key word is choosing.

I support Obama, but I flatly refuse to vote for a Clinton/Obama or Obama/Clinton ticket.

April 9, 2008 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  13. Susan / PA

No , no , never, never, NADDA!!!!

OBAMA 08

April 9, 2008 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  14. Chriss

Of course not!

HRC will never accept any position except her on top!

Obama '08!

April 9, 2008 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  15. Alexandra

I agree

April 9, 2008 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  16. Mary Smith

Please, nobody wants the joint ticket!!

April 9, 2008 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  17. Pelosi must be hoping............

I wonder lol. What a disaster Obama/Pelosi would be. Almost too funny.

April 9, 2008 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  18. Stacy Clarks,

I don't see it either!!

i might have seen it earlier in the race, but there is too much bad blood now!!

now i only see Obama as president!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 9, 2008 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  19. JAB

Nancy Pelosi has great big big problems of her own in the do nothing Congress – she needs to mind her own business and stay out of this race and get to work for the people. She is hated more than George Bush if you want to know the truth and God help us there! What she thinks carries no respect at all with me!

April 9, 2008 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  20. zona

I agree with Pelosi–I don't see a joint Obama-Clinton ticket because when Obama wins (1) he won't be asking Clinton to be his running mate and (2) Clinton would never consider second place and (3) therefore, Clinton should just go home to Bill and live happily ever after with their $109 million income.

April 9, 2008 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  21. Kel

She's right. I don't think I could see it happen, either. Once Hillary started mud-slinging, the campaign got so nasty that I don't think either of our Dem candidates will be comfortable in office with the other just one rank below. They can't trust each other anymore, and I don't blame them.

April 9, 2008 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  22. K. Sutherland, TX

. . . .Clinton is too toxic for Senator Obama.

April 9, 2008 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  23. Jason

Hillary is a Republican.

April 9, 2008 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  24. Elisabeth

Whoops!

Obama supporters, do you believe that questions like this is going to help Obama? Not really. In America you have every right to speak out but in America every person should also be judged by his/her own actions. May he who has no sin, cast the first stone.

There was a small systems error. Please try refreshing the page and if the error is still there drop us a note and let us know.

April 9, 2008 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  25. Ralph

When will she learn that some people can't handle the truth and its often best to shut up and smile and watch things unfold as you always knew they would.

April 9, 2008 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |