April 9th, 2008

Pelosi again says joint ticket won't happen

Pelosi doesn't see a joint ticket with Clinton and Obama.
Pelosi doesn't see a joint ticket with Clinton and Obama.

(CNN) - A presidential ticket including both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama would surprise many political watchers, but none more so than House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

The California Democrat has repeatedly called such a ticket "impossible," and in an interview with mtvU student journalists Tuesday, she said flatly, "I don't see it."

"In this case, I don't see that as politically expedient," Pelosi said. "New York, Illinois…either one I believe are going to be strong Democratic states. I think it is up to the nominee to choose his or her vice presidential candidate."

Pelosi also seemed to suggest the two current Democratic presidential contenders wouldn't feel comfortable together on the same ticket.

"The person that is good is the person the presidential candidate feels comfortable with," she said, adding later, "I've just been involved in politics for a very long time and I just don't think that would be the ticket."

1. Patsy, TN

Unfortunately Hillary should have ran in 2004. We would never have known she lies. The devil in Hillary came out when she starting losing to Barack. She just couldn't except it. Now we know the real Hillary, and it aint pretty.

April 9, 2008 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  2. Vig

Al of a sudden Pelosi wants to be influential? She goes and visits the Dali Lama, holding his hand while telling the American public "Impeachment is off the table". How is George Bush any different than the human rights violaters of the Chinese government? Pelosi has turned out to be just one of the good ole boys of the Washington establishment. Who cares what she has to say. I don't.

April 9, 2008 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  3. s.b.

Pelosi needs to focus on her day job and stay out of it.

It's none of her business.

April 9, 2008 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  4. mark

Pelosi is very honest. Thanks, Pelosi. I cann't see it either.

April 9, 2008 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  5. Steve

Like Pelosi said before, how can they run together after Hillary already endorsed McCain? Pelosi is one smart person; smarter than Hillary will ever be. Hillary needs to get out of the race, accept defeat gracefully and get on with her life for the benefit of the democratic party, the nation and herself.

April 9, 2008 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  6. Petra

I won't want Billary on any ticket either. Like her husband, Hillary just wants power.

Obama is for an authentic change. Hilary if for change that people want to hear; but heaven knows how she will get that done with her divisiveness.

Go OBAMA

April 9, 2008 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  7. Steve

April 9, 2008 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  8. Petra

Go OBAMA

April 9, 2008 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  9. FELISA

Let's see Chelsea's 28..huh..about the same age Monica was when she was "doing" Bill in the white house. Nobody worried about asking her tough questions.

April 9, 2008 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  10. Tony, Miami

No way Jose not even with Obama in the top. Not in a million years.
    VIVA OBAMA

April 9, 2008 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  11. TJ

Pelosi is not dividing the Democrats, she is speaking the truth. An Obama/Clinton, Clinton/Obama ticket is a terrible idea, the negatives of both outweighing the positives. Get your head out of the clouds, American politics are from a fairy tale.

April 9, 2008 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  12. Theresa

Isn't fit to be a dog catcher? The petty rudeness of Hillary backers truly astounds me. It's shocking. I hope she'd be ashamed of the way some of you speak in her name.

Whether you like him for president or not do you honestly think he's not fit to be a dog catcher? Please... Be realistic.

I think we need a more conservative VP candiate. Clinton and Obama are so similar in their views and VERY liberal. We need someone to pull in the more conservative non McCain backing crowd and the middle of the road independants.

Obama 08

April 9, 2008 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  13. MC , Tampa

Hillary already has her vp, Bill! I feel sorry for anyone who took the job while he is in the wings.

April 9, 2008 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  14. A-tone

How about Pelosi for VP???

April 9, 2008 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  15. Impartial Jury

Right, right . . . That's the ticket.

Haven't said that in about 20 years.

Having Billary as VP would be like having Lorena Bobbitt as a spouse.

April 9, 2008 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  16. IAMWMD

Sorry Clintonistas, I know your candidate has to pay back her donors but it will not be on Obama's watch. Why don't you guys donat 500 million to help her pay her bills.

Obama 08

April 9, 2008 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  17. Paulinus, Canada

Mangoose and snakes do not agree so why put them together. Hillary is too slippery to be trusted.

April 9, 2008 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  18. Bruce

Thank God!!! I wouldn't want Clinton on any ticket!!! Clinton isn't fit to be dog catcher!!! She lies too much.

Go Obama

April 9, 2008 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  19. Blue Dress

Devil in a blue dress, blue dress, blue dress, devil with the blue dress on.....

No thanks Nancy, we can do without Hillary.

April 9, 2008 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  20. Andrea L

I know who it won't be Mrs Pelosi, all she brings to the ticket is divison

Who cares what Pelosi thinks but I watch all of MSNBC DC report on the WAR and I saw Hiliary hitting first hard asking the important questions and Obama ending it on the same note..... Deomocratics together to get us moved on... It's about time... I was for the WAR and if you are honest after 911 so were most of you.... we made a mistake now let us move on together and clean up this mess

April 9, 2008 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  21. bill pike

please explain to clinton that being fired up is not being in danger of being fired at, AND "FORGOT THE TRIP"???? if anyone was fired at they would remember. but, never had sex with that girl continues the lies. so who would want clinton in the white house, what would bill be doing again in the white house, who would be watching clinton's "stories"??? no i think obama will pick a senior in the area of overseas. to have the clintons wondering around the white house??? maybe the odd house.

April 9, 2008 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  22. Renee

I would be very upset if Obama and Clinton were on the same ticket. I am from Chicago, and an Obama supporter. I would never vote for Mrs Clinton– under any circumstances! If she gets the nomination, I will stay home in November. And if Obama puts her on his ticket, I think he'd loose.

April 9, 2008 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  23. Brown

Good! There are many good choices for Obama.

April 9, 2008 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  24. BettiH, Indianapolis, IN.

I think the democrats shouldn't be devided...but thanks to Ol Bilary a lot of damage has been done to the democratic party. I don't think Clinton will get the nomination (keeping it real) and if she did Obama shouldn't work for her being that she said John McCain is better fit to run the country. If Obama gets the nomination, Hilary hasn't proved to be trustworthy in any form or fashion...to work under Obama. There would be NO trust , Hilary just can't be trusted... PERIOD. She can't even be trusted to tell a basic truth, why would anyone trust her to run a country or even be a VP of any country.

April 9, 2008 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  25. AJ

Pelosi is a worhtless human being who needs to DO HER JOB instead of interfering in electoral politics.

April 9, 2008 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |