April 9th, 2008

Pelosi again says joint ticket won't happen

Pelosi doesn't see a joint ticket with Clinton and Obama.
Pelosi doesn't see a joint ticket with Clinton and Obama.

(CNN) - A presidential ticket including both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama would surprise many political watchers, but none more so than House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

The California Democrat has repeatedly called such a ticket "impossible," and in an interview with mtvU student journalists Tuesday, she said flatly, "I don't see it."

"In this case, I don't see that as politically expedient," Pelosi said. "New York, Illinois…either one I believe are going to be strong Democratic states. I think it is up to the nominee to choose his or her vice presidential candidate."

Pelosi also seemed to suggest the two current Democratic presidential contenders wouldn't feel comfortable together on the same ticket.

"The person that is good is the person the presidential candidate feels comfortable with," she said, adding later, "I've just been involved in politics for a very long time and I just don't think that would be the ticket."

1. John, NC

A joint ticket would mean double trouble.

April 9, 2008 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  2. Ephy

Pelosi: a brilliant politician.

April 9, 2008 01:39 pm at 1:39 pm |
  3. R

even if it happens, I agree on the comment stating that they would not feel comfortable w/ each other. I however hope not to see Obama on the ticket w/ Hillary. I just don't think he's the right choice

April 9, 2008 01:39 pm at 1:39 pm |
  4. Bryan

I don't trust the Clintons and wouldn't want her on the ticket anyways. Three months ago i felt very different but she has shown me her true colors. If the Democratic party hands the nomination to Hillary then I am left to vote for McCain or somebody else.

April 9, 2008 01:39 pm at 1:39 pm |
  5. Mike

(Please Post?)

As if Pelosi hasn't noticed, it appears as if NOBAMA has already appointed himself Commander In Chief.

His arrogance and smug qualities are so transparent; the arrogance is a true component for his true insecurities (lack of experience) and the "smug" qualities, well that's simply "attitude".

I agree with Fred on this one...

Obama supporters will be crying rivers if this guy is elected, the phrase "Oh gee what have we done" will resonate in a matter of months.

Go Hillary!!!!!

April 9, 2008 01:39 pm at 1:39 pm |
  6. Sue

There is no way these two candidates can be on the same ticket. That would make a three-person ticket when you factor in Bill. One of the problems is that Hillary could trust Barack but I don't think Barack could trust Hillary and/or Bill.

Fred, I am sorry you feel that way about Barack Obama. I think he is a better man than you give him credit for.

April 9, 2008 01:39 pm at 1:39 pm |
  7. Elizabeth

No way. I'm sure Obama wants someone with better judgment and MUCH less political baggage than Clinton. Alternatively, we all know Clinton would never settle for second fiddle.

Besides, would YOU trust in your own safety if Clinton was your VP? Especially if there were already safety concerns?

Come on now – You know she'd do anything to be Prez, and Obama knows this.......

April 9, 2008 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |
  8. Observer, Jacksonville, FL

Pelosi is right! I do not think Barack Obama will want Hillary as his vice president, especially after she made those remarks about McCain being more fit to be commander in chief than Barack Obama. So all you Clinton supporters, I'm sorry to have to tell this but your Hillary is done, gone from the political scene forever and with her the entire Clinton name. I don't think that the American people will even want to hear about Chelsea Clinton in future.

April 9, 2008 01:41 pm at 1:41 pm |
  9. Former Clinton Supporter Houston TX

Fred

Get over yourself.....HRC so untrustworthy you can't believe a word that comes out of her mouth, if she tells you water is wet you better check it out yourself.

April 9, 2008 01:41 pm at 1:41 pm |
  10. IAMWMD

What's up CNN? My blogs never get posted. I'm sure it's because you Republicans don't like my name.

Get used to it since Lil McBush wants to base his campaign run on Iraq. What a knucklehead Lil McBush is following Dubya's lead.

Obama 08

April 9, 2008 01:41 pm at 1:41 pm |
  11. BC

Read what Mrs. Obama did in the campaign, will the real racist please stand up!
    "While the crowd was indeed diverse, some students at the event questioned the practices of Mrs. Obama's event coordinators, who handpicked the crowd sitting behind Mrs. Obama. The Tartan's correspondents observed one event coordinator say to another, "Get me more white people, we need more white people."
    To an Asian girl sitting in the back row, one coordinator said, "We're moving you, sorry. It's going to look so pretty, though."

April 9, 2008 01:41 pm at 1:41 pm |
  12. johnny

barack doesnt need Hillary to win in November. She would only drag the party further in the gutter

April 9, 2008 01:42 pm at 1:42 pm |
  13. v

you got a problem with dog catchers buddy?

April 9, 2008 01:42 pm at 1:42 pm |
  14. S. C. Florman

Pelosi has indeed been in politics a long time and knows a lot. No doubt she knows that the Democratic message since becoming the majority party has been nothing more than a continuing critique of the Bush administration. No doubt she knows that, along with Howard Dean, she has overseen the disenfranchisement of primary voters in two critical states guaranteeing a bitter conclusion to the primary process and very possibly handing still another election to the Republican party.

April 9, 2008 01:42 pm at 1:42 pm |
  15. john spaugh

Pelosi is a parasite – she needs to keep her opinions in San Fran.

April 9, 2008 01:43 pm at 1:43 pm |
  16. dave

hey, Nancy, good going... maybe can we get some Hamas official on the ticket with Obama? or maybe get Jimmy Carter on the ticket with either one of them? is Billy still around? he'd be a good running mate for either one, and would provide geographic, racial and/or gender balance..... rumor has it that Billy Carter was last seen at the filling station last week working on his 2nd 12 back of Bud Lite for the day...

April 9, 2008 01:43 pm at 1:43 pm |
  17. Hitch

Why would Obama want Bill and Hillary on his team as VP?
    Both will be trouble for him if he gains the White House.
    He is better off picking someone else.

April 9, 2008 01:43 pm at 1:43 pm |
  18. Ross in MD

Of course that won't happen.

What would Hillary bring to Obama's White House besides her war stories?

April 9, 2008 01:43 pm at 1:43 pm |
  19. Jen B.

Clinton and her lack of integrity would be a huge liability if on the ticket.
    She might need Obama, but he does not need her.

April 9, 2008 01:43 pm at 1:43 pm |
  20. Nick E

In the end, I think it has to happen. The dream ticket of Obama and Clinton.

April 9, 2008 01:43 pm at 1:43 pm |
  21. Jay, IL

I would say it's possible, or as least I wouldn't say impossible. What's the point of saying it? Is she hinting that she can predict future or what?

Anything is possible, especially good things.

April 9, 2008 01:43 pm at 1:43 pm |
  22. Goodwill

Pelosi idea about to have Obama/Clinton joint ticket to November, 08, election will divide the Democtratic Party.

First, let the Candidate finish their primaries race which is coming close to end soon.

Second, let the choice to select the VP has whoever wins the nomination, who will be probably Mr. Obama.

And finally, let Michigan and Florida States have have delegates seated properly inJune 6, primaries Votes again and the people of the 2 states decide who is the favoured Candidate of the Democratic Party, Who I am sure will be Mr. Obama and will be getting this time from Michigan and Florida the majority primary votes from both states.

April 9, 2008 01:44 pm at 1:44 pm |
  23. Diana, Anacortes, WA

The sad fact is that Obama wouldn't be able to trust Hillary.

April 9, 2008 01:44 pm at 1:44 pm |
  24. Linda

If Hillary is a respect-worthy woman, Bill Clinton wouldn't dare to hurt her.

April 9, 2008 01:44 pm at 1:44 pm |
  25. Stewart from North Carolina

Anyone who votes for Hillary after she has told bold-faced lies in effect is saying lying is ok for our President. Unbelieveable to me. Of all the faults both candidates have, lying to the American public about being under sniper fire is the lowest of lows. How anyone can vote for someone like this is truly unbelievable.

April 9, 2008 01:44 pm at 1:44 pm |