April 9th, 2008

Pelosi again says joint ticket won't happen

Pelosi doesn't see a joint ticket with Clinton and Obama.
Pelosi doesn't see a joint ticket with Clinton and Obama.

(CNN) - A presidential ticket including both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama would surprise many political watchers, but none more so than House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

The California Democrat has repeatedly called such a ticket "impossible," and in an interview with mtvU student journalists Tuesday, she said flatly, "I don't see it."

"In this case, I don't see that as politically expedient," Pelosi said. "New York, Illinois…either one I believe are going to be strong Democratic states. I think it is up to the nominee to choose his or her vice presidential candidate."

Pelosi also seemed to suggest the two current Democratic presidential contenders wouldn't feel comfortable together on the same ticket.

"The person that is good is the person the presidential candidate feels comfortable with," she said, adding later, "I've just been involved in politics for a very long time and I just don't think that would be the ticket."

1. Michael, Ms

I hope it would'nt happen, cause if it did Obama would have to defend her on all her lies she would be putting out.

April 9, 2008 01:44 pm at 1:44 pm |
  2. Michael

Thank God!!! I wouldn't want Hitlery on any ticket!!! Hitlery isn't fit to be dog catcher!!!

Go Obama!!!

Barack the Vote

April 9, 2008 01:44 pm at 1:44 pm |
  3. Debbie,NJ

Hillary is a witch. Nobody is going to want to be on her ticket. You would have to watch your bag , her lying mouth and her sneaky husband.

April 9, 2008 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  4. Micky, NV

The more I see of Hillary the less I like politics. I think Barack will be a breath of fresh air because he will speak for all minorities, not just blacks. He will speak for Asians, Latinos, American Indians, and yes, Whites. I love his spirit because it is the American spirit.

Go Barack

Footnote: You need a VP that won't be so divisive.

April 9, 2008 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  5. Pelosi Is Divisive!

Who is she to say anything? She hasn't even followed through on her promises of what she would do in the "first one hundred days" for the people of this country.

April 9, 2008 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  6. Debbie,NJ

I meant to say watch your back.

April 9, 2008 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  7. jim

Impossible indeed! Obama stands for what's positive about America.
    Billary and Slick Willy represent all that's negative-dishonesty, disingenuousness, deceit. Billary degrades herself every day she stays with her cheating, lying hubbie. When Obama wins the nomination I'm sure he'll pick an individual of character. It sure isn't Billary!!

April 9, 2008 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  8. Mary Lee

Thank God!! I would NOT WANT HILLARY (or should I say Billary) on ANY ticket!! It's not convinient for Obama at all!! More than half of all democrats hate Hillary!

Even in California polls Obama leads by a healthy margin now, people regret voting for Hillary on Feb. 5th! She has made such a desperate fool of herself, and she has been caught in some of her lies, there are other lies that remain to be revealed. She can't even RUN HER OWN CAPAIGN OR PAY HER BILLS. She has hundreds of thousands of $$ in unpaid HEALTH insurance bills for her employees.

Her health care plan is mandated, which means YOU WILL BE FORCED TO BUY it, wether you can afford it or not.

No more lies, no more deception/secrecy, we are not children!

Pelosi has much more intelligence and capacity than hillary!

OBAMA/PELOSI 2008!!!

April 9, 2008 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  9. ***AMERICAN***

Can't we all just get along. How are you going to save the country if you can't work together. That brings us right back to where we are today, an ineffective president and an ineffective congress. No wonder we are the world's big joke.

April 9, 2008 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  10. katydid3316

Could it be that Nancy's hoping for that slot herself? Just a thought....

Eugene, OR

April 9, 2008 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  11. Edward Lynn

How about Obama/Pelosi 2008? Works for me!

April 9, 2008 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  12. B from Indiana

Truly, who cares what Reverend Wright thinks…he is not the one running for office. What I truly care about is where Obama, Clinton and McCain stand on the issues. I was raised in the Catholic Church, I am still attend the Catholic church…..I go to church because of my relationship to God…not because of the priest, or their political stands. God knows the Catholic Church has all kinds of problems, from the sex abuse scandal to their stand on contraception that is creating poverty and helping spread HIV in third world country. I still attend the church because of my relationship with God….if my attendance (or anybody attendance) depended on our agreement with the Pastor, Rabbi, or Priest…nobody would attend church in the first place.

April 9, 2008 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  13. Belle

Pelosi does NOT know JACK about divisive candidates:

Kennedy and Johnson VERY BITTER Primary campaign even more so than this one, if you can believe that...had to go to the Superdelegates...Outcome: Kennedy as Pres and Johnson as VP.

I also think it would be the best of both worlds....if it DID happen, you can bet McCain would want Rice on his ticket at that point.

April 9, 2008 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  14. Brian in Tampa

Never gonna happen! Hillary's lies are just too much for anyone to handle, much less for Obama to forigve. She should quit now and save herself the embarrasment of losing.

OBAMA '08!!!!

April 9, 2008 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  15. Noah, MS

My aunt use to say:

God don't like ugly, and he aint that crazy about pretty either.

It's not what's on the outside, but what's on the inside.

Vote smart America, vote for Barack, and a decent VP.

April 9, 2008 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  16. osa

pelosi is right,hillary will be difficult to work with unless she is the Boss.but for all intents and purposes,both obama and clinton on same ticket is a sure win for the dem.hope hill clinton has not done enough damage to make unity impossible.

April 9, 2008 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  17. NLC frm New York

Nancy Pelosi needs to stay out of this. As a County worker I know what she is trying to do and honestly I am very dissapointed in her. She needs to stay neutral on this and obviously she is not. Remember Mrs. Pelosi that you might run again for your post pls be careful what you say and what you are trying to pull.

April 9, 2008 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  18. MB

If Obama makes President and Hillary is VP, how long would it be before he has a suspect accident that would make her President? You can't trust her!

April 9, 2008 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  19. Eryn

Please, let's stop being so vicious to the Dem candidates! One of them has to go on the ticket and once that's established we have to come together and support him OR her - remember the priority: NOT ANOTHER SEVEN YEARS LIKE THE LAST!....

April 9, 2008 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  20. Diana

It is perfectly understandable that Obama and Hillary wouldn't want to be on the same ticket. Nothing wrong or harmful about that.

I wish them both well, as they both must surely believe they are doing what they think best, but ultimately, my vote goes to Obama.
    Kansas City, MO

April 9, 2008 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  21. vlcncwntr2012

What a shame the Congress and Senate of 1947, could not imagine the spouse of the President running for President. If they had, we may not have to watch the Democratic Party loose face in the public eye. The 22nd amendment would read: No person or their spouse shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person or their spouse who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.

April 9, 2008 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  22. seyi

Between Fred and Sue... You can make a judgement of who is supporting the right person. Fred reflects a whole lot of Hillary, her campaign and supporters.

April 9, 2008 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  23. Kevin Pennsylvania

hey Fred

do you watch Lifetime network ?

I betcha you TIVO the view don't you

are ya into Bette midler ?

I am just trying to figure out what type of guy screams GO HILLARY

April 9, 2008 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  24. pc

Go Obama!!! Hillary and Bill divided the Democratic party. Barak can do better than Hillary for a running mate!!!

Go Obama!!!

YES WE CAN!!!

April 9, 2008 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  25. Ugh

Maybe he should be Hillary's speech-writer. He certainly doesn't have any other experience we should expect of someone looking to lead this country.

April 9, 2008 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |