April 10th, 2008

Chelsea Clinton to make 100th college visit

Chelsea Clinton has campaigned hard for her mother.
Chelsea Clinton has campaigned hard for her mother.

(CNN)—Chelsea Clinton will mark her 100th college campus appearance Thursday at Villanova University.

The former and potential future first daughter spent the early part of her mother’s presidential campaign out of public eye living in New York. However she has stepped to the forefront of the campaign in recent months as she seeks to garner support from younger voters, the majority of whom have supported Barack Obama’s White House bid.

Obama and Hillary Clinton ran evenly in Massachusetts and California among voters under 30 and Clinton won the youth vote in Arkansas, but large majorities of young voters have supported the Illinois senator in most other primary contests.

In addition to answering tough questions about her father, one recent question drew some additional attention. When asked whether she thought her mother would be a better president than her father, she said, “I don’t take anything for granted, but hopefully with Pennsylvania’s help she will be our next president. And yes, I do think she’ll be a better president.”

Filed under: Chelsea Clinton • Hillary Clinton
  1. lacey

Could someone please ask Chelsea why she didn't expose her mother's lie about running under sniper fire in Bosnia? She was there with her mom and was, I believe, 16 at the time. Wouldn't she have remembered if bullets were being fired at her? She knew her mother was lying and said nothing. Why not?

Oh, wait I forgot, it's none of our business.

April 10, 2008 01:42 pm at 1:42 pm |
  2. GetReal

Chelsea can really help her mother connect the younger voter. I they have deep pockets like them. $$$

April 10, 2008 02:32 pm at 2:32 pm |
  3. jw

Why is CNN supportting only the clinton haters?CNN only post hate toward the Clintons.

April 10, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  4. Debbie,NJ

Have you ever wondered why Hillary's not representing herself to the young people. I'll tell you, because most young people recognize a fake when they see one. Obama represents himself to the young people because he is for young people and their future. The Obama girl isn't campaigning for him. What's Hilliary hiding from you guys, huh? The babyboomers will vote for her out of loyalty, prejudice, or self serving because babyboomers care only about themselves, not the future generations. And I'm a babyboomer, I know.

April 10, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  5. Orlando

We like Chelsea in all but bring back $1$0$9 mill Bill. He is rich and say what's on his mind.

April 10, 2008 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  6. H-ROD

you close comments on Obama and the cell phone so fast so I guess this is as good a place as any to comment on it so here goes I bet Bill Clinton would like to (HOLD IT AGAINST THAT WOMAN) for hugging OBama

April 10, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  7. Jedi Academy

Chelsea, why does your mom lie all the time? Did she teach you how to lie too? What's your cut of the $109 million your mom and dad made together?

April 10, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  8. Venus

Give her some slack and give her some respect! I noticed no one has the galls to ask Bill or Hillary about Monica! Not to say that Chelsea should make that subject off-limit. I think it's great that she is helping her mother but, I don't think they really prepared her to really rally up the young voters- people around Chelsea's age and younger and that's too bad. And, although I support Obama – I think it's beautiful too see the Clinton family working together as a family!

April 10, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  9. heartlight 3, Maui, HI

She must be getting more articulate with practice. When she spoke in my state, she basically said "Vote for my mom, shes the best mom in the world." She did not answer any questions. I was disappointed because I really wanted to hear what she had to say about Hillary's policies and why she thought we should vote for her.

April 10, 2008 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |
  10. Jason, Chicago IL

Politicians everywhere: DON'T help out struggling homeowners. DON'T bail out investment banks. Some people think doing so is the right thing to do, but do you know what? You are paying for it. You and you and you. If you pay taxes, you are giving a percentage of that to people who bought homes with no money down on ARM loans and investment banks who took those loans, wrapped them in fancy wrapping paper, and sold them off somewhere else. Capitalism means some people get hurt some of the time. There are losers and winners. Let's not make the responsible people out there losers with the rest of you.

April 10, 2008 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |
  11. Jay

So... is it okay to say she's being 'pimped out' now?

April 10, 2008 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  12. Alex H

Wow, CNN. Did the Clintons spoon feed you that useless piece of information?

April 10, 2008 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |
  13. Monica

Give my love to Daddy Dearest!

April 10, 2008 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |
  14. Sally

Like her mother, Chelsea also told a whopper about being under sniper fire. Ten days after her mother told her whopper, a voter asked Chelsea about whether it was true and she said it was. "And I was there," she added. It's on YouTube. Why has the press not brought this up ?

April 10, 2008 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |
  15. karen

I really don't like Chelsea anymore. Or the Clintons for that matter. They are evil. People who support Clinton are living in a world where they support her because she is a woman not because she is a good candidate. There is nothing to like about HRC. SHE LIES. SHE IS BRINGING DOWN THE DEMS ! And she rides her husband's coat-tails through out her whole career. SHe is not a self made woman at all.

April 10, 2008 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  16. sasha

Why are Obama supporters so nasty and hateful?
    Every one of them that I've talked to tries to sell him by knocking Hillary down instead giving me compelling reasons (e.g. What has he accomplished???) to support him.

April 10, 2008 02:41 pm at 2:41 pm |
  17. Herb (Landenberg, PA)

Chelsea, you seem like a nice and rather intelligent young lady. But go home Chelsea!!! Go back to your own life and get out of your Mama's lying, deceitful, "scorched earth" style of politics that will surely rip apart the Democratic Party and allow the Repubs to win in November. You can't save your Mama from her lies and dishonesty Chelsea...she's through! Go back and resume your own life while you still have some personal dignity and decency left.

Obama 08'

April 10, 2008 02:44 pm at 2:44 pm |
  18. Danny

Here you go Chelsea you are supper Girl......if they asking a question about Monica tell them go to ask K.S, M.L and Republican because
    they want to take you Father out of the White House that time that's why it have this problem.

Hillary 08 President.
    She care about Americans.

April 10, 2008 02:49 pm at 2:49 pm |
  19. Time 4 Change

Who cares????...Chelesa and her mother have the personality of lawn furniture!

April 10, 2008 02:50 pm at 2:50 pm |
  20. Sean

If she keeps this up, then pretty soon, she'll have just as much "experience" as Hillary. I like how open the word "experience" has gotten thanks to Hillary. My wife works in the skin care industry doing product development and marketing. Since I've been married to her for a decade, I now have a decade of "experience" in the skin care industry too! Ooooo....and my Dad spent his whole life in construction. Since that gives me a lifetime of "experience" at it as well, maybe I can go get a job running a backhoe!

April 10, 2008 02:51 pm at 2:51 pm |
  21. dEMABRAT

Alas, more derogatory remarks about a bright woman with a bright future. I know, you guys like the oBama Girl better. Yes, she represents America's youth much better.

April 10, 2008 02:51 pm at 2:51 pm |
  22. dEMABRAT

GO FDR! OH WAIT, HE AND HIS FATHER WERE A DYNASTY...NEVERMIND.

April 10, 2008 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  23. Farrell, Houston, Tx

Priveledged. I'm not mad at Chelsea because her parents make $109 million dollars, but I wished many less priveledged families and children have a little hope for the American dream. Vote Obama..

April 10, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  24. Pennsylvania Joe

Whoopee!

April 10, 2008 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  25. Carlo

Sasha, Obama supporters are not nasty for the most part. We are realistic and we live in the real world where 28 year old women don't get treated with kid gloves. She's not little shirley temple for crying out loud. She told that bald faced lie right along with her mother about Bosnia, yet no one wants to hurt her feelings.

April 10, 2008 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |